OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Parts have arrived today. For anyone else seeking the answer to this in future, I can tell you that you do need to remove the front end to remove and replace as the lower grill also needs to be changed to suit and that has to come out from the rear.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Are you replacing to repair damage? Or for a different look?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Adding the Sports Design front lip.
Are you planning to document this process with pictures and video? I’m sure it would help others out if you did so.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Probably not here given the lack of engagement from absolutely anyone on this subject…
If you’ve read the other threads on this site, people are always sharing information. What’s lacking here is any real info on how to take this car apart and modify it. It’s not that nobody wanted to help you, just that nobody had an answer. Hence you have an opportunity to lead the way. I wish you the best with the mod and hope you at least share a link to any any info you feel compelled to document.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Adding the Sports Design front lip.
You're giving the GTS the Turbo-style lower front end? (Carbon SportsDesign Package)

if so I'd be very interested in knowing more. I much prefer the Carbon SportsDesign front but really dislike the rear carbon flicks so I stuck with the standard GTS front on my spec.

My GTS should arrive in around 3 weeks. Planned on studying the amount of work involved once I could get hands-on.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Parts have arrived today. For anyone else seeking the answer to this in future, I can tell you that you do need to remove the front end to remove and replace as the lower grill also needs to be changed to suit and that has to come out from the rear.
i can't help but think this may then require the front sensors to be recalibrated?

OP
OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're giving the GTS the Turbo-style lower front end? (Carbon SportsDesign Package)

if so I'd be very interested in knowing more. I much prefer the Carbon SportsDesign front but really dislike the rear carbon flicks so I stuck with the standard GTS front on my spec.

My GTS should arrive in around 3 weeks. Planned on studying the amount of work involved once I could get hands-on.
I’m not doing carbon. I’m doing gloss black to match the other gloss black elements on the side skirts and rear diffuser.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m not doing carbon. I’m doing gloss black to match the other gloss black elements on the side skirts and rear diffuser.

Yeah the gloss black's a good choice.

are you physically doing the swap yourself? if so I would love to hear how it goes. I may ask my PPF guy if he fancies having a go at it

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
I am doing the exact same thing, replacing my front lip on my GTS with the turbo front lip and doing it in gloss black as well. The “wings” have been painted as of today and was hoping to try and do the install myself, but if the front bumper needs to come off, may just give it to the body shop that did the painting to install.

I also do not like the rear winglets on the sport design package in carbon and also did not want to go down the carbon fiber rabbit hole. I think the gloss black will give a nice cohesive theme.

I have all the parts ordered from a local supplier sitting in my garage save for the parts that have been painted that are still at the body shop. My car just arrived at the dealer from the port and I will hopefully pick it up tomorrow or Monday and then figure out what I want to do about the install.

If you happen to dive into this and can share some how to’s, that would be amazing. I would love to try and tackle this myself actually, but I am a little hesitant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. I’ll be doing it myself. I’ve got a lot of experience in this sort of thing from previous cars. Doing it on the Taycan is a bigger job than most as the front wheels, arch-liners and headlights need to come out in order to get the bumper off.

OP
OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am doing the exact same thing, replacing my front lip on my GTS with the turbo front lip and doing it in gloss black as well. The “wings” have been painted as of today and was hoping to try and do the install myself, but if the front bumper needs to come off, may just give it to the body shop that did the painting to install.

I also do not like the rear winglets on the sport design package in carbon and also did not want to go down the carbon fiber rabbit hole. I think the gloss black will give a nice cohesive theme.

I have all the parts ordered from a local supplier sitting in my garage save for the parts that have been painted that are still at the body shop. My car just arrived at the dealer from the port and I will hopefully pick it up tomorrow or Monday and then figure out what I want to do about the install.

If you happen to dive into this and can share some how to’s, that would be amazing. I would love to try and tackle this myself actually, but I am a little hesitant.
It looks like it needs to come off to get the lower grill out. I don’t think there’s going to be enough room between the radiators and the back of the grill to do it in-situ. When we’ve got some good weather and free time I’ll dive in.

Im still waiting on the parking sensor brackets for the new grill before I can do the swap.
Sponsored