Bajas21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello! Unfortunately someone hit me at a stop sign in my 6 week old 4S. Very fortunately it felt worse than the damage. It was a Jeep Patriot and the tow ring pushed in the rear reflector. I see sun coast has them, but wondering if anyones removed these and can offer advice. I’ve seen threads about removing them, just not how to do it. Are the clipped, double sided taped, etc.

Would appreciate any insight. Thanks, Paul
Porsche Taycan Removing rear reflector. 633F8A5F-678F-4F94-BB63-F9C8F033E193
Porsche Taycan Removing rear reflector. 4AD99BD3-4AC0-4B16-B751-F2CB5BAE39C7

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hello! Unfortunately someone hit me at a stop sign in my 6 week old 4S. Very fortunately it felt worse than the damage. It was a Jeep Patriot and the tow ring pushed in the rear reflector. I see sun coast has them, but wondering if anyones removed these and can offer advice. I’ve seen threads about removing them, just not how to do it. Are the clipped, double sided taped, etc.

Would appreciate any insight. Thanks, Paul
633F8A5F-678F-4F94-BB63-F9C8F033E193.jpeg
4AD99BD3-4AC0-4B16-B751-F2CB5BAE39C7.jpeg
They are clipped in (unlike the side rear red reflectors which are held purely by TBH tape). You need to use a trim removal and start at the tapered end of the reflector - good idea to always tape up all around the edges before attempting should your tool slip etc. Takes a fair bit of leverage and you might think it will snap but it won't.

Here is a pic of my car where I removed rear and side rear red reflectors and replaced with painted (body color) ones I ordered from TAG Motorsports.

Porsche Taycan Removing rear reflector. IMG_7429.JPG

More description here: #126

OK - here are pics of my removed rear reflectors - note the 'hinged'-like tab on the squared end of the reflector - this is why you need to start to pry it out at the opposite tapered end of the reflector. ALSO you need to rotate each piece (along it's horizontal axis) out from the vehicle because those two small tabs on the back of the piece are 'grabbing' from the bottom up - so you start by prying the tapered end off and at the same time rotate your pull so that the base pulls out first (by rotating the horizontal axis clockwise) to release the two small tabs and once released the hinged tab on the squared end just pulls out. Clear as mud right :)

Lot easier doing it than describing it!

Porsche Taycan Removing rear reflector. Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 5.12.14 PM

Last edited:

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
They are clipped in (unlike the side rear red reflectors which are held purely by TBH tape). You need to use a trim removal and start at the tapered end of the reflector - good idea to always tape up all around the edges before attempting should your tool slip etc. Takes a fair bit of leverage and you might think it will snap but it won't.

Here is a pic of my car where I removed rear and side rear red reflectors and replaced with painted (body color) ones I ordered from TAG Motorsports.

IMG_7429.JPG

More description here: #126

OK - here are pics of my removed rear reflectors - note the 'hinged'-like tab on the squared end of the reflector - this is why you need to start to pry it out at the opposite tapered end of the reflector. ALSO you need to rotate each piece (along it's horizontal axis) out from the vehicle because those two small tabs on the back of the piece are 'grabbing' from the bottom up - so you start by prying the tapered end off and at the same time rotate your pull so that the base pulls out first (by rotating the horizontal axis clockwise) to release the two small tabs and once released the hinged tab on the squared end just pulls out. Clear as mud right :)

Lot easier doing it than describing it!

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 5.12.14 PM.png
Yeah looks similar set up to removing my red rear reflectors on my BMW M4. Go over to the BMW forum or search Youtube and you'll see a bunch of videos which describe the process to give you an idea of the mechanics of it. Similar and simple to do. Like this...

OP
OP
Bajas21

Bajas21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah looks similar set up to removing my red rear reflectors on my BMW M4. Go over to the BMW forum or search Youtube and you'll see a bunch of videos which describe the process to give you an idea of the mechanics of it. Similar and simple to do. Like this...

Thanks, very helpful. The parts are due on Tuesday.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Thanks, very helpful. The parts are due on Tuesday.
no problem...if you tape it off and take your time these jobs take about 5-10 mins at most depending on your skill and patience. Also another tip..if you don't plan on reinstalling the red reflectors a bit of breakage of tabs is okay. Also replacing a new set of red ones is inexpensive. Good luck.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may have noticed I owned an M4 and did the same swap out :) (numerous IND purchases). Have extensive threads on Bimmerpost.

Last edited:

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
@mdrobc1213 what did you choose at TAG motorsports, was it just the 'customer painted parts package' and then you let them know what pieces you want painted? How much are those 4 little parts, painted?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@mdrobc1213 what did you choose at TAG motorsports, was it just the 'customer painted parts package' and then you let them know what pieces you want painted? How much are those 4 little parts, painted?
I actually talked directly with Sean Doyle at TAG and he set up the online invoice on his end which I paid directly via a link he then sent me (wanted to be 100% sure I was getting what I wanted) .

Total price for parts ordered/shipped from Germany, prepped and painted and then shipped to me was $369 for all 4 reflectors. Rushed shipping if needed (7 bus. days vs 3-5 wks!) from Germany would add an addl $25.
Sponsored