Removing rear seat headrests

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car arrived at the dealer the other day and I went by to introduce myself. Car looks great! But I was again struck with how poor the visibility is out the rear view mirror. Seems like pulling out the rear seat headrests would help quite a bit. Has anyone tried this? Are they even removable? I thought I could store them in the frunk and pop them in in the rare occasions that I have a rear seat passenger.
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
My car arrived at the dealer the other day and I went by to introduce myself. Car looks great! But I was again struck with how poor the visibility is out the rear view mirror. Seems like pulling out the rear seat headrests would help quite a bit. Has anyone tried this? Are they even removable? I thought I could store them in the frunk and pop them in in the rare occasions that I have a rear seat passenger.
The rear headrest is removable. The guys at the tint stop temporarily removed them for better access to the rear glass. To be honest the view is not too bad in the real world with the headrests. The view is sufficient when backing up and to see traffic behind you on the roadway. It is better than having a big blindspot in other cars wth ill positioned C pillars.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Couldn't figure out how to remove the rear headrests despite attempting to follow instructions (both printed and a video of a Cayanne having its headrests removed). Currently I just have the seats down. IMO the view via the mirror is considerably improved.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Couldn't figure out how to remove the rear headrests despite attempting to follow instructions (both printed and a video of a Cayanne having its headrests removed). Currently I just have the seats down. IMO the view via the mirror is considerably improved.
You need to fold the seats forward in order to create enough distance to pull them up (otherwise they can’t clear the rear glass). Then you press the little tabs on both sides and lift up slowly.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I just keep my rear seats folded down (with the headrests attached & completely retracted). That way they’re ready to go the once or twice a year someone’s actually sitting in the back seats.
Sponsored