npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Was a backseat passenger in a 2021 Y LR going from Boston to NY. Miserable. What a dogshit suspension setup

also these things are loud as hell inside...WTF Elon
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: B61

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Was a backseat passenger in a 2021 Y LR going from Boston to NY. Miserable. What a dogshit suspension setup

also these things are loud as hell inside...WTF Elon
road noise is worse, but honestly ride quality isn't that much worse (or even better) than other SUV's in similar price range - not a lux vehicle ride no question, but honestly have to compare the 3/Y to similiar cars of similar class/price/size - rode in a CRV the other day - wow sooo bad - I find it's a more compelling product offering that most people give it credit for - it is certainly selling well.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Did the dearlship sort out the A/C?
It continues to test according to spec, and the AC sensor issue doesn't apply to my car.

At this point I'm going to grab an IR thermometer and keep it in the car, and try to find the conditions that replicate the issue.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It continues to test according to spec, and the AC sensor issue doesn't apply to my car.

At this point I'm going to grab an IR thermometer and keep it in the car, and try to find the conditions that replicate the issue.
Sanity check. The AC is not set to Eco / Eco Plus right?

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Really appreciating the seamless radio and increasingly bitter about it.
Still can't wait to get back into my Taycan.
I have both a Tesla Y and a Taycan. While the Taycan's entertainment system is not perfect, it does have CarPlay which my model Y doesn't.
I added an Amazon Echo Auto to the model Y so I could listen to Pandora and Amazon Music, both of which I subscribe to. Without the Echo Auto, I personally was not happy with the model Y's streaming music selection.
So I decided to add an Echo Auto to my Taycan. What's nice about the Echo Auto in the Taycan is that I can be running CarPlay and have the Echo Auto waiting for me to give it commands. So I could be using Waze in CarPlay, and then say 'Alexa, play Kurt Vile music' and the Taycan will start playing music. This so far has been 100% reliable.
Amazon was running a deal a few months ago and I picked up the Echo Auto for $20. Its worth every penny. I have the Echo Auto in the center compartment, but I did need to get a USB type C to USB adapter so I could power it.
There are still come things I prefer with the model Y, in particular the integration of text messages and the ability to both receive and send messages with the button on the steering wheel. But with CarPlay and the Echo Auto, I'm pretty happy with the Taycan entertainment system.
As for "Still can't wait to get back into my Taycan.", I'm with you. My model Y is now relegated to Home Depot runs.

Last edited:

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
So I decided to add an Echo Auto to my Taycan. What's nice about the Echo Auto in the Taycan is that I can be running CarPlay and have the Echo Auto waiting for me to give it commands. So I could be using Waze in CarPlay, and then say 'Alexa, play Kurt Vile music' and the Taycan will start playing music. This so far has been 100% reliable.
Couldn't you just give the same command to Siri?

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
road noise is worse, but honestly ride quality isn't that much worse (or even better) than other SUV's in similar price range - not a lux vehicle ride no question, but honestly have to compare the 3/Y to similiar cars of similar class/price/size - rode in a CRV the other day - wow sooo bad - I find it's a more compelling product offering that most people give it credit for - it is certainly selling well.
True point on the pricing...but a model Y is 57,000 dollars...

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Couldn't you just give the same command to Siri?
Like push a button on your phone and say "Siri, play Kurt Vile on Amazon Music"?
I just tried and Siri says "I don't see an app for that".
Oh, well.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Like push a button on your phone and say "Siri, play Kurt Vile on Amazon Music"?
I just tried and Siri says "I don't see an app for that".
Oh, well.
No, the iPhone has an "always on" listening mode for Siri as well. It's completely hands free, and the phone can be locked with the screen off.

Settings > Siri & Search > Listen for "Hey Siri"

might also need

Settings > Siri & Search > Allow Siri When Locked

As for Siri saying there's no app for that, what music app do you use?

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what music app do you use?
I was using Amazon Music.

But thanks for the tip " No, the iPhone has an "always on" listening mode for Siri as well. It's completely hands free, and the phone can be locked with the screen off. ". I'll give this a try. I've nver had much luck with Siri.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I was using Amazon Music.

But thanks for the tip " No, the iPhone has an "always on" listening mode for Siri as well. It's completely hands free, and the phone can be locked with the screen off. ". I'll give this a try. I've nver had much luck with Siri.
Ah ok, in that case, it is likely that Amazon has not added Siri support, specifically because they want you go buy an Echo Auto. See this thread from a couple of years ago.
Sponsored