raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
So, my original passenger display had the fuzzy/blink problem. The dealer just replaced it.

Now, the car won't sync with PCM - and I don't see any LTE indication. Also, the display is starting to blink again.

Has anyone else experienced such issues?

Also, the mechanic left the passenger seat dirty with something (have the chalk interior).
Sponsored

Pete C

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is this what you experience?

OP
OP

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Any help on how to fix it?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Just a hunch...

Does it do the same thing with a passenger on the passenger seat?

If no, perhaps there is nothing wrong with the display, but rather the pressure/occupancy sensor for the passenger seat.

OP
OP

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Just a hunch...

Does it do the same thing with a passenger on the passenger seat?

If no, perhaps there is nothing wrong with the display, but rather the pressure/occupancy sensor for the passenger seat.
Interesting thought. Displaying the Taycan image is the no-pax state. I would think that the black state is off rather than a pax-present state. But, I have not checked for that.

OP
OP

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Interesting thought. Displaying the Taycan image is the no-pax state. I would think that the black state is off rather than a pax-present state. But, I have not checked for that.
Was just informed the problem is with the Connect Control Unit - Just FYI for anyone else experiencing a similar issue. This may be the reason.

Pete C

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ask someone to take the passager seat, it will make the screen start correct. Haven’t had the probkem without passanger since. I have a lot of issues with my screens comming and going. Has been to the dealer but they justed “kicked the tires”. They have no idea how to fix an EV...

OP
OP

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Ask someone to take the passager seat, it will make the screen start correct. Haven’t had the probkem without passanger since. I have a lot of issues with my screens comming and going. Has been to the dealer but they justed “kicked the tires”. They have no idea how to fix an EV...
Thanks - the shop was in contact with Germany and said they found the issue. It could be having someone in the seat corrects it temporarily, but doesn't fix the underlying issue. In my case, replacing the display showed that the connect module was bad and was causing the problem.

Pete C

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Raymort, thank you, will insist they replace my connect module.....

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
Thanks - the shop was in contact with Germany and said they found the issue. It could be having someone in the seat corrects it temporarily, but doesn't fix the underlying issue. In my case, replacing the display showed that the connect module was bad and was causing the problem.
I have the same issue was this resolved?

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They are replacing the PCM now. Will see if that works.
Please let me know if that works. I have an appointment at the end of the month at the dealer. Thx

OP
OP

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Please let me know if that works. I have an appointment at the end of the month at the dealer. Thx
They replaced the PCM 2 days ago. So far so good.

I must also say, the recent customer service has absolutely incredible! They want to get it fixed - and this may have done it - but, if not, I’m confident they will do what is needed.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They replaced the PCM 2 days ago. So far so good.

I must also say, the recent customer service has absolutely incredible! They want to get it fixed - and this may have done it - but, if not, I’m confident they will do what is needed.
I’m happy that they’re doing whatever it takes to fix the issue….. What dealer was this I will pass this info to my dealer. It really takes away from the experience having all these issues my display has been off more than its been on very frustrating and I have a rattle in both front headrest and passenger door.
Sponsored