Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Only really felt a little twitchy once as there’s a bit of an IONITY dead spot Northbound from Reims to Calais (by this point we were on somewhat of a mission to be IONITY wherever possible) so we charged to 99% at Champfleury at the E. Leclerc Hypermarche and then set off to IONITY at Coquelles Holiday Inn
Great to hear about your experience driving in France! And yes the infra structure is good if not excellent along the main road networks. Up towards Alsace, north eastern part of France is a bit sparse, but several new stations coming. If you plan on another trip in future, it will be useful to check out Lidl chargers. They have installed many and I think ChargePoint is the operator. If you get their card the fee is only 0.25 Euro!

There is also a very nice Fastned between Reims and Calais! Nice station under a roof and not out in the open.
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Thanks very much! After this experience we’ll be heading into France a lot with the Taycan as it’s simply so straightforward.

We were a bit obtuse in our insistence on trying to hop from IONITY to IONITY exclusively and it worked rather well even so and I had not one ounce of range anxiety, really. With all the other excellent options in play as well next time, I can’t see why you’d travel any other way!

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Great to read this - we're planning our first trip to France in the Taycan next May but assuming we'll get hooked based on reading these reviews and expecting to go back frequently

Reactions: MrB

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
Well... being french, I'll try to be useful here.
a fabulous summary. May I just add two minor additions:
1. Yellow vest needs to be inside the passenger compartment not in the boot or frunk
2. Coming from the UK, you must have plates (or sticker) which says UK and not GB. You can have places made up which show this if you prefer that to a sticker, but make sure you follow the guidelines very carefully (eg no Europe roundel). As an aside, if you visit Spain then they ALSO require a UK sticker even if you have “UK” plates. No idea why.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Thanks very much! After this experience we’ll be heading into France a lot with the Taycan as it’s simply so straightforward.

We were a bit obtuse in our insistence on trying to hop from IONITY to IONITY exclusively and it worked rather well even so and I had not one ounce of range anxiety, really. With all the other excellent options in play as well next time, I can’t see why you’d travel any other way!
That was our approach which worked well, although we did use a Fastned charger at one point when it made sense to do so.
Sponsored

Reactions: MrB