OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
We live in France and have never been checked in 13 years. I know I'll now be stopped tomorrow lol.

Breath tests are n advisory, a warning triangle compulsory and at least 1 yellow vest within reach of the driver. I'm not aware of any other requirements.

Oh and stickers on the headlights but again never been checked. I have a UK car in France and stock them on for the French MOT then take them off again as they are ugly.
No headlight stickers needed these day - either there’s a mechanical lever to change the lights (as on my 997) or it’s done electronically through the PCM (991, Taycan).
Sponsored

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
No headlight stickers needed these day - either there’s a mechanical lever to change the lights (as on my 997) or it’s done electronically through the PCM (991, Taycan).
In Spain at moment and came through France. Taycan lights changed automatically. Don’t need breathalyser anymore, do need vis vests etc. France is great for Ionity chargers Spain not quite so good. Have a good trip.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In Spain at moment and came through France. Taycan lights changed automatically. Don’t need breathalyser anymore, do need vis vests etc. France is great for Ionity chargers Spain not quite so good. Have a good trip.
Thanks!

Let’s hope the car arrive by August! The stop-sale on my GT3 had my car at the dealer for almost 5 months!

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
[FR driver - just did 1000 km these last days on highways there]
- all I've read above is true..... but chances to be stopped by the police are close to 0. Unless you drive at more than 200km/h and they follow you/stop you 😁. It happened last month ... So I wouldn't worry too much
- I was until recently also using only Ionity. Decided on this last trip to use Fastned, Total Energies and Engie. It all went fine with the Porsche card. Only once at Engie, i had to change charger : 1st one wouldn't connect whatever card i would use. They were all empty, i picked another one and it went great : charged from 10% to 75% at 200kwh average. Total Energies is fine too: only once it wouldn't charge at more than 160kwh, although battery was preconditioned and spots were all empty.

Last edited:

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
We have a 2015 Peugeot and a 2011 VW. Both have uk dipped beam patterns and no levers.

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
Oh and check your insurance - changes post the Brexit FUBAR
Nothing to do with Brexit. Some policies include Europe, some require you to call and pay a small premium each visit. Always been that way. But definitely make sure you are insured!

Clawhammer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C43
Country flag
@Sidicks If you order Emovis tag it comes with a uk sticker. Just stick it on your back window and remove when you’re back in the uk.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FastNed .... plenty of space and charging under solar panels
I’ve now set up accounts for Fastned and Engie :like:

Reactions: Gru

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Decided on this last trip to use Fastned, Total Energies and Engie. It all went fine with the Porsche card.
Interesting to read. I have had several problems at Total stations but some have worked with the Porsche card. Not sure why it differs. Engie at Calais Eurotunnel has worked just fine, but never succeeded at a Fastned charger. However Fastned have implemented their own version of Plug and Charge, once you have used the app once and have a valid payment method registered. Good chargers and locations also.

It is terrible that Porsche can not publish a list of all the networks they include in their services. They state that several 100 thousand chargerpoints are available, but only Ionity are named.
Can not be very difficult to publish this on their website or in the My Porsche app. The cars navigator or the app certainly does not help at all.
Sponsored