4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I've never used it, what format would I pick? And am I responsible for shipping in that case?
not sure what you mean by format. I just sold my 2006 997 911S Cab on the site and I feel I got a good price (well above KBB estimates). I saw 2021 911 on the site just today that sold above MSRP. You are not responsible for shipping, just a flat listing fee. Do let me know if you list it there, I may bid on it!

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
not sure what you mean by format. I just sold my 2006 997 911S Cab on the site and I feel I got a good price (well above KBB estimates). I saw 2021 911 on the site just today that sold above MSRP. You are not responsible for shipping, just a flat listing fee. Do let me know if you list it there, I may bid on it!
Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm away the next 2 weeks, so don't have good pictures for the listing unfortunately. But if I don't sell it by the time I'm back I might just list it.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
not sure if this is an option....but you could turn your vehicle into a cash machine and rent it out on Turo?
For corporate travel, my company has approved Turo for us to rent through as prices in the standard Avis, Enterprise, etc. have gone through the roof! They sold most of their fleets during the pandemic and did not place many orders last year (they make much of their profits on selling used cars) which has been compounded with the chip shortage problem. Thus, making rental cars crazy expensive (paid about $630/day back in March), even for an economy car.
It would be a steep learning curve and may not work with your opportunity cost of your time, but pretty sure you could make some good money off the vehicle. The only problem with Turo is IF there is a recall on the vehicle, you can't rent it out until it is fixed at the dealer and posted in their system.
I personally looked into this and it looks promising, but just doesn't fit with my workload and time is more precious to me at the moment than the additional money I could make off the fees with Turo
Good luck!

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
not sure if this is an option....but you could turn your vehicle into a cash machine and rent it out on Turo?
For corporate travel, my company has approved Turo for us to rent through as prices in the standard Avis, Enterprise, etc. have gone through the roof! They sold most of their fleets during the pandemic and did not place many orders last year (they make much of their profits on selling used cars) which has been compounded with the chip shortage problem. Thus, making rental cars crazy expensive (paid about $630/day back in March), even for an economy car.
It would be a steep learning curve and may not work with your opportunity cost of your time, but pretty sure you could make some good money off the vehicle. The only problem with Turo is IF there is a recall on the vehicle, you can't rent it out until it is fixed at the dealer and posted in their system.
I personally looked into this and it looks promising, but just doesn't fit with my workload and time is more precious to me at the moment than the additional money I could make off the fees with Turo
Good luck!
Interesting idea. For anyone that has the Toro app, what are rental prices like for something like the Taycan in the NYC metro? Can use zip 07410.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I see lots of Tesla's for around $250/day....the more rare the car, the more you can charge.
I actually don't see any Taycan's on the site in NYC.....I think you could price it how you want. Probably a sweet spot between filling volume and revenue. I would guess that you could price the market at $300-325 and have it booked all the time with people looking for an electric vehicle and then seeing a $50-75 premium to get the Taycan vs. Tesla (which has lost its appeal and many renters on there), or choose a more premium price and keep it for personal use more often at around $400-450/day.
you live in a great market as you not only get those that want to rent it for a novelty, but you also get those that live in the city that can't afford/don't want to spend, the money for a car and parking to only use it to go out of town.....I think this could be a great money making venture!
Best of luck!

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I would advise against Turo. You will open yourself up to a host of black swan liability events.

There are ways to do it right, set up an LLC, have the right insurance etc… but simply renting your personal car on Turo is a recipe for disaster.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I would advise against Turo. You will open yourself up to a host of black swan liability events.

There are ways to do it right, set up an LLC, have the right insurance etc… but simply renting your personal car on Turo is a recipe for disaster.
agree, that is why I stated it would be a steep learning curve....there are ways to do it right, but it is very time consuming. Just thought I would put it out there as an option. Chances are if you can afford a $100k+ car, you can figure out how to protect yourself on Turo.....perhaps I over presume that people are self-starters and not just on a trust fund? Who knows.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
agree, that is why I stated it would be a steep learning curve....there are ways to do it right, but it is very time consuming. Just thought I would put it out there as an option. Chances are if you can afford a $100k+ car, you can figure out how to protect yourself on Turo.....perhaps I over presume that people are self-starters and not just on a trust fund? Who knows.
Yeah, I looked into it, seems like to much of a hassle. I have a low 140s offer from a dealership, a private buyer and another company. So unless I get a few grand more next week, I'll just sell it to one of them. I know it's blasphemy, but I'm thinking of getting a Tesla model 3 as a replacement just to have a 2nd car for emergencies.

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Yeah, I looked into it, seems like to much of a hassle. I have a low 140s offer from a dealership, a private buyer and another company. So unless I get a few grand more next week, I'll just sell it to one of them. I know it's blasphemy, but I'm thinking of getting a Tesla model 3 as a replacement just to have a 2nd car for emergencies.
If you don’t need the range, I’d suggest checking out the Mini SE. It’s a BLAST to drive and eligible for the $7500 federal credit and $2850 on the hood via the NJ Charge Up program. Real world range seems to be 120-140 mi.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you don’t need the range, I’d suggest checking out the Mini SE. It’s a BLAST to drive and eligible for the $7500 federal credit and $2850 on the hood via the NJ Charge Up program. Real world range seems to be 120-140 mi.
Good idea. I don't need the range just as a backup car.

Reactions: cfp

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I second that. It's an awesome car, weighs almost the same at the ICE version, handles like a champ
Sponsored

Reactions: cfp