daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
from my perspective no product is perfect and all have room for improvement - but between bad and perfect there are issues that can be fixed, must be fixed and/or would be nice…

I will be very very very loyal to any vendor that actually endeavors to constantly improve their product where they can - and in the modern digital world that means plain and simple - software update that move things forward - maybe not as far as one would like but none the less forward in a positive direction…

I'l be very forgiving to the company that release products with defects but then fixes them - vs. a company that never looks back and just moves forward but doesn't pull their existing customers forward with them

Tesla is a very forward looking company for themselves and their customers (pros/cons)
Historically the other guys have not been…
Porsche has an opportunity here to be closer to Tesla and leave behind some outdating thinking…

are we perhaps about to see Porsche be slightly more modern with their thinking and product road maps - oh I hope so…I really really hope so.

we all have our favorite "problems" with the Taycan eco-system, but today I've seen three things:
  1. there is a forth coming update from Porsche for Taycan that is "big"
  2. EA release a new app redesigned
  3. PMCC update with some interesting release notes
all of these events are positive forward progress - time will tell if these things represent improvement in the Taycan eco-system, but I'm slightly optimistic that Porsche is struggling to break free of legacy thinking and on the road to more proactive improvements that are possible with digital systems

I'm going to choose to allow myself to be very optimistic that we may be on the cusp of some medium to major changes that may make things actually better…I hope I'm right!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
sufficient to say if Porsche leaves my 2020 Taycan in the state that I took delivery I'll be very disappointed in the marketing hype that had zero follow through - Ball is in your court Porsche - make me happy, earn my loyalty and I'll give you lots of future business - show me you understand the future potential…you don't have to be perfect, you just have to keep pushing to be better…

leave me where I"m at today - and my rage will be unbounded - and cynicism justified.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
from my perspective no product is perfect and all have room for improvement - but between bad and perfect there are issues that can be fixed, must be fixed and/or would be nice…

I will be very very very loyal to any vendor that actually endeavors to constantly improve their product where they can - and in the modern digital world that means plain and simple - software update that move things forward - maybe not as far as one would like but none the less forward in a positive direction…

I'l be very forgiving to the company that release products with defects but then fixes them - vs. a company that never looks back and just moves forward but doesn't pull their existing customers forward with them

Tesla is a very forward looking company for themselves and their customers (pros/cons)
Historically the other guys have not been…
Porsche has an opportunity here to be closer to Tesla and leave behind some outdating thinking…

are we perhaps about to see Porsche be slightly more modern with their thinking and product road maps - oh I hope so…I really really hope so.

we all have our favorite "problems" with the Taycan eco-system, but today I've seen three things:
  1. there is a forth coming update from Porsche for Taycan that is "big"
  2. EA release a new app redesigned
  3. PMCC update with some interesting release notes
all of these events are positive forward progress - time will tell if these things represent improvement in the Taycan eco-system, but I'm slightly optimistic that Porsche is struggling to break free of legacy thinking and on the road to more proactive improvements that are possible with digital systems

I'm going to choose to allow myself to be very optimistic that we may be on the cusp of some medium to major changes that may make things actually better…I hope I'm right!!
@daveo4EV :

Can you elaborate on the pending "big update?" Have you anything about timing, what the update will address?

Is it possible it can be an urban legend amongst Taycan owners wanting to believe improvements are coming?

Thanks,

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@daveo4EV :

Can you elaborate on the pending "big update?" Have you anything about timing, what the update will address?

Is it possible it can be an urban legend amongst Taycan owners wanting to believe improvements are coming?

Thanks,
we have an actual Porsche campaign number/reference - and my service manager commented when I asked him - that’s all we know - no time frame shared at this time.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/uk-12v-issue-what-should-i-do.3805/page-4#post-56222

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/uk-12v-issue-what-should-i-do.3805/page-4#post-56279

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
we have an actual Porsche campaign number/reference - and my service manager commented when I asked him - that’s all we know - no time frame shared at this time.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/uk-12v-issue-what-should-i-do.3805/page-4#post-56222

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/uk-12v-issue-what-should-i-do.3805/page-4#post-56279

Dave, thanks for sharing the info. Guess we will find out at some point if there is an update, and what enhancement it contains. Fingers crossed.

I am not ready to go back to a Model S, but if there are no Taycan improvements/enhancements in the next 6 months it may happen.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
From a VP at PCNA on november.

We are currently still working on finalizing the retroactive update for the model year 2020 vehicles. At this point, it is still too early to confirm the final set of features that will be included in the update. We can expect more information in the next few months.
I started asking about specifics (wireless CarPlay since 2021 has it) and had some exhanges about that. The above quote was from one of those exchanges. My take away was yes, something is coming and the timing seems to be this quarter, but they don’t want to promise feature X or Y and then later have to backtrack, which I appreciate.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Great points @daveo4EV. Honestly for me the only thing I “expect” from the current state with latest firmware is wireless CarPlay. It’s the only car feature that was specified for my 2020 that hasn’t been delivered. Anything else they “roll in“ from 2021 will be a freebie from my view and will just make me happier.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/11/...delay-software-vw-herbert-diess?_gl=1*rp4d1z*
this explains how VW is dealing with major software problems with EV cars. My service mgr told me today that Porsche knowingly sold Taycan’s with software issues due to pressure from the vw scandal and had to get EV cars into the market. He also said its all hands on deck to update the software problems at vw and porsche. He could not explain why all my software problems disappeared on 03/01/21. He is contacting Germany to see if an ota update was released without notice.
Sponsored