Retrofitting 22kw charger UK

Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Has anyone managed to have a 22kw charger retrofitted to their taycan in the UK? My dealer tells me its not possible… However having read some of the threads on here I can see it is possible in the USA
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't think it would be cost effective at all even if possible. Plus, what big advantages do you expect from 22kw charging? It's still gonna take too long on a road trip and for overnight charging, does it matter if it takes 8h or 4h?

In my order I didn't spec 22kw for that reason.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Has anyone managed to have a 22kw charger retrofitted to their taycan in the UK? My dealer tells me its not possible… However having read some of the threads on here I can see it is possible in the USA
It was offered as a dealer fitted option a while back and was publicised by Porsche. Timing was around the last major software upgrade (uPdate) last year if not before.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...ge-software-update-2023-model-year-29112.html

There have been many issues with the 22kW AC charger which I think was effectively withdrawn for a while.

Retrofitting would cost a fortune and even it were available would be cost prohibitive.

It feels like Porsche has quietly withdrawn it as a dealer retrofit.

OP
OP
Jaydub

Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I have 3 phase (22kw) charging available at work and therefore worth it in my situation, providing it’s possible and not outrageously expensive! Although I am learning that anything other than extortion would be unusual for a Porsche retrofit

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have 3 phase (22kw) charging available at work and therefore worth it in my situation, providing it’s possible and not outrageously expensive! Although I am learning that anything other than extortion would be unusual for a Porsche retrofit
How many hours do you spend at the office? Why is the need for such charge?

If you charge between 20% to 80% at the office, you will need to charge approx. 50 kWh. On a three phase 11 kW built in car charger that would take about 5 hours!
Sponsored