James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
It is with great regret that I took the decision. To return my beautiful 2021 Taycan 4S after just 25 days of ownership, reason being the amount of issues I had in the this short space of time was ridiculous.
1- sensor in windscreen had to be re-calibrated
2-dip beam fault
3-two sensors went faulty on the front end (one for braking sensor and the other I can't remember now)
4-Air conditioning fault and could do pre-condition
5-child locks went Faulty and couldn't get our or into the rear of the car when child locks de-activated
6- the car took notions of not locking and sometimes even when unlocked we still couldn't enter the car as handles didn't release the door catch
7-on board charger blew up (this was the straw that broke the camels back)

So dissapointed, gutted as this was my ultimate dream car which I worked hard to be able to be in a position to finally buy one.

I also had a new one on order from Frbruary with expected build date of Q1 2023 which I cancelled, this wasn't because of my first experience as I am well aware that sometimes you can just get a bad car but it was because of the Director within my local Porsche dealership telling me "we have a number of customers all with Taycans who have experienced the same issues you are having but haven't returned their car so we will have to consider if selling me another one would be the right option" upon hearing this I told him not to think any more about it and to just cancel the order. I told him I may just have been unlucky with this one but would have hoped by 2023 Porsche would have cured a good few of these issues to which he replied that he wasn't going to over sell and under deliver so he couldn't say anything that would give us any confidence whatsoever on the new order.

In the 25 days of ownership I loved the car (obviously not the faults lol) and had I been dealing with someone who give a damn about us as a customer I most likely would have kept the other one on order but no matter, maybe some time again in the future.

Porsche Taycan Returned my 4S and Cancelled my order for another one 20220508_110620

Porsche Taycan Returned my 4S and Cancelled my order for another one 20220508_110613

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Bummer, sounds like a few people have been having more issues with the dealers than the car. It's odd that I don't think I've seen people report any of those issues on the forum, so it's weird that the dealer is saying others have had all these issues and not returned them yet. I wonder if maybe the dealer is doing something wrong during delivery prep?

Anyways, yeah, if a dealer sold me a car that I needed serviced for even 3 unrelated issues in the first month of ownership and had anything but an apologetic tone with me, I might be in the same bucket as you. Hope you have a better experience with whatever you end up in!

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
As somebody who has their first Taycan on order, this makes for disturbing reading. Really sorry about all the issues you've had. It genuinely is making me reconsider my order, not just because of your post, but because of all the other issues people are having. The latest one seems to be panoramic roofs cracking.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Whoa that’s a long list of issues. Was this vehicle purchased used? Wonder if the dealership sold you a lemon.​

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Why not get them fixed, why return?

unless they can not provide a satisfactory solution.

i just going to be outright here, you just joined on June 1, and this is the only post you have posted. At least give some more credibility to your story. In stead of just two pictures.

i am also taking delivery of my car soon, and yes I work hard for what I want; everybody does. If these issues happen to me, I will deal with them, discuss a reasonable solution and repair plan with my dealership and get them addressed. And move on with it. I don’t get how you could give up on something you like so easily.

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Bummer, sounds like a few people have been having more issues with the dealers than the car. It's odd that I don't think I've seen people report any of those issues on the forum, so it's weird that the dealer is saying others have had all these issues and not returned them yet. I wonder if maybe the dealer is doing something wrong during delivery prep?

Anyways, yeah, if a dealer sold me a car that I needed serviced for even 3 unrelated issues in the first month of ownership and had anything but an apologetic tone with me, I might be in the same bucket as you. Hope you have a better experience with whatever you end up in!
Thanks, I just ordered a BMW I4 M50 Grand Coupe to tie me over and see how that one goes. All electric too with 316 miles range. Completely different to the Taycan but let's hope when the dust settles I may reconsider next time I'm changing.

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Why not get them fixed, why return?

unless they can not provide a satisfactory solution.

i just going to be outright here, you just joined on June 1, and this is the only post you have posted. At least give some more credibility to your story. In stead of just two pictures.

i am also taking delivery of my car soon, and yes I work hard for what I want; everybody does. If these issues happen to me, I will deal with them, discuss a reasonable solution and repair plan with my dealership and get them addressed. And move on with it. I don’t get how you could give up on something you like so easily.
Yeah I suppose it is everyone own choice and if these issues had of happened over a period of say 6 months then I would have been more understanding but to have a car 25 days and have to return to the workshop so often which is 1.5 hour drive there and back each time isn't for me and as I said in my original post, we would have likely reconsidered had Porsche even came back and offered me another month of ownership money back guarantee. But they offered nothing and were completely out of line. A person within the dealership as even told me to complain to porsche hq on how it was handled. The images are only a few. My wife has the rest on her phone.

Attachments

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
As somebody who has their first Taycan on order, this makes for disturbing reading. Really sorry about all the issues you've had. It genuinely is making me reconsider my order, not just because of your post, but because of all the other issues people are having. The latest one seems to be panoramic roofs cracking.
I placed an order in April last year.
when I joined the forum, there were lots of threads with problems…”red errors” related with battery/power failures. there was (were?) no single day without several posts….and my doubts raised on a daily basis.
my CT was the first in my country…and during 15k km, I didn’t have any serious problem.
alarm sensor (workaround:; double lock works until they replaced sensor) and trunk buttom failure…that was all…and of course, CarPlay has it’s own logic when it works and when doesn;t… but that’s it.

so, my point: don’t worry… unfortunatelly, OP has bad luck, but there are thousands of happy owners, who are not here, they enjoy driving the most beautiful car :like:

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah to be honest I genuinely loved the car outside of the issues I encountered and had my dealership been more understanding and said the right things to make me confident that the new one would be reliable (I don't mean bullet proof but just reliable that I'm not back twice a week) but just point blank refusing to consider our side and just saying that's what a warranty is for...not good enough..

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
when I joined the forum, there were lots of threads with problems…”red errors” related with battery/power failures. there was (were?) no single day without several posts….and my doubts raised on a daily basis.
my CT was the first in my country…and during 15k km, I didn’t have any serious problem.
alarm sensor (workaround:; double lock works until they replaced sensor) and trunk buttom failure…that was all…and of course, CarPlay has it’s own logic when it works and when doesn;t… but that’s it.

so, my point: don’t worry… unfortunatelly, OP has bad luck, but there are thousands of happy owners, who are not here, they enjoy driving the most beautiful car :like:
Yeah although I had a bad experience with this one wouldn't have made me cancel my other one, the reason for cancelling my other one was the Arrogance of the director within the dealership. I hope you keep it on order and all works out great

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Whoa that’s a long list of issues. Was this vehicle purchased used? Wonder if the dealership sold you a lemon.​
Yeah it was just under a year old when purchased. I ordered the new one in February but couldn't wait so when they called me to tell me they had a 2021 car with 7k on the clock I went to look at it and loved it so bought it with the view to trading it back when the new one came. I had put it down to one bad car but as I say, the main man in the dealership just couldn't accept it and treated us like we had only bought a 5k car not a 100k car. Brutal

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Yeah although I had a bad experience with this one wouldn't have made me cancel my other one, the reason for cancelling my other one was the Arrogance of the director within the dealership. I hope you keep it on order and all works out great
Understood.
when I expressed my concerns to my dealer, he was very positive since all of their Taycans have no problems….

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Yeah it was just under a year old when purchased. I ordered the new one in February but couldn't wait so when they called me to tell me they had a 2021 car with 7k on the clock I went to look at it and loved it so bought it with the view to trading it back when the new one came. I had put it down to one bad car but as I say, the main man in the dealership just couldn't accept it and treated us like we had only bought a 5k car not a 100k car. Brutal
I’d find another dealer…i’d never give up Taycan.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yeah I suppose it is everyone own choice and if these issues had of happened over a period of say 6 months then I would have been more understanding but to have a car 25 days and have to return to the workshop so often which is 1.5 hour drive there and back each time isn't for me and as I said in my original post, we would have likely reconsidered had Porsche even came back and offered me another month of ownership money back guarantee. But they offered nothing and were completely out of line. A person within the dealership as even told me to complain to porsche hq on how it was handled. The images are only a few. My wife has the rest on her phone.
I've had pretty much all of those faults at one stage or another but apart from the AC charger replacement the others were transient errors or false positives and cleared themselves.

Child lock issue I didn't experience.

The headlight error i got straight after my first Ionity (EA) charging session. Powered the car off and on again to clear the error.

Feel your pain but I decided not to let the car gain the upper hand .

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag

Good grief, when I started reading your post I thought you were going to say you hadn't had any problems. Your definition of success is a faulty alarm sensor, trunk failure, and CarPlay working when it feels like it? After 15,000km?

There are happy owners, it seems, but only because they're extremely forgiving to their car being faulty.

Feel your pain but I decided not to let the car gain the upper hand .
You shouldn't be engaged in a battle with your car.

And you say you've had most of those faults also? That's shocking.

I've owned numerous manufacturers' cars over the last twenty years. I'm aware forums shine an unbalanced light on faults in cars. But I don't think I've ever seen so many as on here. Nor have I seen so many people with apparent Stockholm Syndrome. I need my car to be reliable as I drive across Europe with my family quite a lot. I don't want to be worrying every time I get into it whether it's going to work or not.
Sponsored