James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Been watching this forum for a few months as I have a Panamera now and want the Taycan badly. I have had many concerns about this vehicles quality....vigilant especially because it is an all new model. Thanks for your comments and honesty. I think many dealers do not get that 100-150k + automobiles need to be reliable , not gm or Ford quality. And no not perfect but not having many similar issues that require constant trips to dealer for resolution.

The taycan forum has a small overall number of members compare to total owners of the Taycan so probably not all of the problems owners are experiencing are making it to the pages of this forum for sure.

My decision to wait an see how this vehicle performs seems to have been prudent even though the price keeps going up. I do not want to buy a car still going thru it’s debugging trials .......despite many owners saying they have had very, very few problems....this small group on the forum is a very small subset of owners .

All of that said I have decided to wait further for....the faster level chargers become more available, the production straightens out recurring electrical and mechanical problems, and the recession humbles dealers from the excessive , over list price costs they want from a car not ready for prime time. IMO. It’s a shame because have wanted to buy this car for a year now and complexity of allocations, extended delivery time with undefined arrival , poor knowledge support with very few service technicians all combine to have me hesitant to pull the trigger.
Yeah I am also of your opinion and although I am gutted to have returned mine and also canceled the new one on order I will no doubt go back in for one in a year or two when the reliability is much better.
Sponsored

Zeus Faber

First Name
Alison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thé frustration is that the dealers pretend it’s only you with the problem , so I have been back with numerous faults on multiple occasions and then suddenly they admit it’s an issue on a number of cars ? One example , it has been in 3 times for an instrument cluster fault which they wanted me to provide photos of ( great whilst driving) because the fault disappears from the system , then they tell me it’s a common problem and they need feedback from Porsche as to whether they should reset it again or change it , each reset involves 3 days at the garage plus of course the agro of getting it there ? This time they are changing it , better customer service would be to acknowledge the fault as a common one and manage expectations round a permanent solution rather than repeated trips to the garage which achieve nothing ?

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster S, 2022 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Plaid S
Country flag
Yeah I suppose it is everyone own choice and if these issues had of happened over a period of say 6 months then I would have been more understanding but to have a car 25 days and have to return to the workshop so often which is 1.5 hour drive there and back each time isn't for me and as I said in my original post, we would have likely reconsidered had Porsche even came back and offered me another month of ownership money back guarantee. But they offered nothing and were completely out of line. A person within the dealership as even told me to complain to porsche hq on how it was handled. The images are only a few. My wife has the rest on her phone.
I'm with you... If I had a car with that many issues and dealer wasn't bending over backwards to convince me they were going to solve everything and give me a longer window for return I'd go running for the hills too... Could have been the tip of the iceberg of problems, maybe the car was in a flood, accident, or just a bad production run. Good luck with the BMW! Longer range, a bit more practical, just about as quick as the Taycan 4S, and newer tech to boot. I'm sure the Taycan 4S will handle a bit better and IMO is prettier but I'd have gone with the BMW in a minute except my wife hates BMWs ever since my 2013 335i M-Sport (I liked the car overall but ironically it had serious 12v battery management problems within 5 months of ownership BMW never rectified).

psancla

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Gentian Blue, Mustang Mach E RWD
Country flag
I am sorry to hear about the problems with your car, I too had similar issues with my 2021 4S after I collected it from the Porsche centre Dublin last November. Issues with Alarm, camera, TPM, to name but a few and eventually a complete breakdown resulting in a two week stay at the dealer for new parts and software upgrades. I was very disappointed at the time but having owned BMW M cars for 20 years and my wife owning an X4 we experienced many problems with them as well.

I can only say that my experience with the Porsche centre in Dublin and in general with Porsche support has been great, they have been very attentive, fixed everything and the car has performed fault free since last January. I just returned from St. Andrews in the UK from an effortless 1,400km round trip and the car is simply a joy to be in and exceeds everything I had hoped for when leaving BMW M Performance for my first Porsche EV.

I hope you have better luck with your next car.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag
Yeah I suppose it is everyone own choice and if these issues had of happened over a period of say 6 months then I would have been more understanding but to have a car 25 days and have to return to the workshop so often which is 1.5 hour drive there and back each time isn't for me and as I said in my original post, we would have likely reconsidered had Porsche even came back and offered me another month of ownership money back guarantee. But they offered nothing and were completely out of line. A person within the dealership as even told me to complain to porsche hq on how it was handled. The images are only a few. My wife has the rest on her phone.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag
After I saw the attachments I completely understand why you had to return.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed hopefully my GTS to be delivered will not have any problems!

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
My car is still not useable after 2 weeks at the dealer waiting for Porsche hq to re-establish connectivity and therefore tracker connection. Insurance requires tracker.
If it’s not fixed in another 2 weeks its being sold.
Brilliant car but too much effort.
Sponsored

Last edited: