Returned my 4S and Cancelled my order for another one

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
We were offered a red Taycan as an option from our dealer, due to the delay on our Turbo S, a couple of months back.

It couldn't be, could it?
Sponsored

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I’ve been getting a bit bored waiting for my CT4S so thought about purchasing a secondhand car to tide me over.

There’s two Taycans for sale at our local OPC and I think yours may be one of them (Taycan 4S)?

I reckon I’ll check out the other one lol 😉.

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve been getting a bit bored waiting for my CT4S so thought about purchasing a secondhand car to tide me over.

There’s two Taycans for sale at our local OPC and I think yours may be one of them (Taycan 4S)?

I reckon I’ll check out the other one lol 😉.
I would doubt it to be honest as we are only leaving the tax book back tomorrow as it took that long for it to be returned to us from the Tax office after purchase....at this moment in Time Porsche don't own the car until tomorrow

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Shit I just looked at the link and thought it was our car but ours had just over 8500 miles on the clock when we returned it. I am gonna dig a little deeper lol

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Lol, definately not unless your from Northern Ireland 😄
Spec looks the same with the wheels etc. Dunno where it was in the UK when we were offered it. Don't think the mileage was as high as you're saying though. I've still got the paperwork. Will check out of sheer interest.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Thanks, I just ordered a BMW I4 M50 Grand Coupe to tie me over and see how that one goes. All electric too with 316 miles range. Completely different to the Taycan but let's hope when the dust settles I may reconsider next time I'm changing.
Interesting. I too need an interim car with a LONG range as I won't have home charging until at least middle next year. I am almost decided on a BMW I4 40. Test drive beginning next month. Initially I was considering a Tesla M3, but I just have no love for the brand or conservative looking car, and insurance was eye-watering.

I've instead been deciding between the Cupra Born - looks very fun, but will probably depreciate horribly and the larger battery that I want only has four seats, which will further hurt resale value; Hyundai Ioniq 5, which is technically an SUV and I don't like that bodystyle, also difficult to gauge depreciation where a new model comes out next year; or a BMW I4 40 M sport that will remain highly desirable and reviews says it drives incredible, which is what I want: something fun to drive. BMW are a premium brand unlike the other two, so depreciation will likely be softer.

Depreciation is a concern only because it's either rent something basic like an ID3 from ONTO, or purchase something and sell it in <12 months.

Granted the BMW is £15k more, but then I am looking at the "purchase" cost as purchase price minus sale price. That could mean the BMW ends up "cheaper" than both the Cupra and the Hyundai.

And cheaper than renting via ONTO or similar, for a similar class vehicle, even with insurance and public charging costs factored in.

Insurance is about £500 more than the other two brands, but that's nothing really as it's expensed through my business.

I4 M50 is a great choice! The range is excellent.

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Spec looks the same with the wheels etc. Dunno where it was in the UK when we were offered it. Don't think the mileage was as high as you're saying though. I've still got the paperwork. Will check out of sheer interest.
Ask them is there a dash cam fitted. If so them it is ours.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Shit I just looked at the link and thought it was our car but ours had just over 8500 miles on the clock when we returned it. I am gonna dig a little deeper lol
If it is, you should get a friend to show them a very strong bid and see how long before your phone rings....

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I would doubt it to be honest as we are only leaving the tax book back tomorrow as it took that long for it to be returned to us from the Tax office after purchase....at this moment in Time Porsche don't own the car until tomorrow
Grand. I’ll check out both then! 😁👍

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
No problems with the Turbo yet, 1,000 miles in.

I had a Panamera that had a GPS issue that was never fixed after many many visits. These small issues niggle at you over time but ultimately that Panamera was the best car I had owned. TBC if the Taycan overtakes it.

acbennett

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes A-Class
Country flag
I4 M50 is a great choice! The range is excellent.
Numerous YouTube reviews of this car state the real-world range at around 200 miles. Not sure if anyone has first hand experience of living with this car?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Numerous YouTube reviews of this car state the real-world range at around 200 miles. Not sure if anyone has first hand experience of living with this car?
I think you are correct based on YT vids, but that is why I'm considering the i40 40 M Sport instead.

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Thanks, I just ordered a BMW I4 M50 Grand Coupe to tie me over and see how that one goes. All electric too with 316 miles range. Completely different to the Taycan but let's hope when the dust settles I may reconsider next time I'm changing.
Good luck with the M50. I ordered one June of last year, and when it was being delayed beyond the promised “spring delivery“ window of this year, I said enough is enough and bought a RWD Taycan. And I finally got to test drive the BMW - not the M50 but the base i4 model. First thing I noticed is that it’s a tiny car, probably smaller than a Toyota Corolla. The salesman was in the passenger seat next to me, and we were actually touching shoulders it was so narrow. So glad the M50 was delayed, otherwise I never would’ve thought of getting the Taycan.

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Yeah it was just under a year old when purchased. I ordered the new one in February but couldn't wait so when they called me to tell me they had a 2021 car with 7k on the clock I went to look at it and loved it so bought it with the view to trading it back when the new one came. I had put it down to one bad car but as I say, the main man in the dealership just couldn't accept it and treated us like we had only bought a 5k car not a 100k car. Brutal
What dealership was it?
Sponsored