Reverse Camera - Undistorted View?

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Hi all,

Is there a way to remove the distorted "fisheye" effect from the rear/reverse camera?

I recently went for a test drive and made a deposit for the Taycan 4S. The reverse camera had bothered me a bit, I get that the distorted POV is suppose to give more perspective of the car's rear surroundings - but honestly it's really disorienting to me and I'd much prefer a normal image without the fisheye effect.

The dealer suggested that I get used to the surround view, which I'm sure I will over time. It just seems silly to me that there's no apparent way to have a normal image when using the rear camera - or did we miss something in the settings?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you press the ‘button’ to the left of the view with the Taycan surrounded, you have an easier view. Still agree, very annoying doing it every time

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Same here.
ididn’t like it and it’s hard to believe that cars for even less than 40k$ has better 360 view than Porsche...

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Agree, its very hard to judge with the fisheye, and when you change it to the other view it's really no better.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Agree, its very hard to judge with the fisheye, and when you change it to the other view it's really no better.
when I switch to "undistorted" the guide lines disappear..that's dumb....(unless I am missing something)..I, too, dislike the fisheye