Reverse camera washer – is it adjustable?

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
My reverse camera washer misses the camera lens so it’s totally pointless and doesn't wash the lens at all. Does anybody know if it is adjustable?

I can't find anything in the Good To Know App. I had a very quick look at it but couldn’t see that it is adjustable. Washer jets on most cars are directionally adjustable – surely Porsche would not be so stupid as to fit one that isn’t???
Sponsored

DST

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I must check mine. I find the reversing camera very underwhelming.

OP
OP
TSS

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I find the reversing camera very underwhelming.
Yes, I thought the one on my GT-R was bad but this one is pretty poor even when it's clean. It's a really weird distorted view.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm having the same problem and can't find a fix
If it's like the windscreen nozzles (and I'm DEFINITELY NOT saying it is), you can adjust the aim with a pin. Insert the pin into the nozzle (carefully) then move it - it's basically a sphere with a hole through it. Again, I'm not saying this is how you can adjust this so if you try it and it works, I'll take a thanks. If you try it and it doesn't work, it's not my fault ;)

OP
OP
TSS

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it's like the windscreen nozzles (and I'm DEFINITELY NOT saying it is), you can adjust the aim with a pin. Insert the pin into the nozzle (carefully) then move it - it's basically a sphere with a hole through it. Again, I'm not saying this is how you can adjust this so if you try it and it works, I'll take a thanks. If you try it and it doesn't work, it's not my fault ;)
I need to have a proper look as that is what I'd expected it to be. But when I had a very quick look the nozzle seemed fixed. Hopefully on further investigation I will be wrong!

OP
OP
TSS

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For those with the same problem I have had a proper look at this and the spray does not appear to be user adjustable. You can see below the washer jet sticking out. It seems to be a separate piece of plastic to the rest of the unit. It sprays at an angle upwards. On mine it needs to protrude out further to enable the spray to actually hit the camera lens rather than fall short. I have tried to move it but it won't budge and I am worried I will snap it off. It may be possible to file a tiny, tiny bit of plastic off the jet to adjust the spray but I don't really want to start trying to modify it.

It seems like another good idea that has been implemented very badly, rather like the PCM and Connect app.

Porsche Taycan Reverse camera washer – is it adjustable? Capture.JPG

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
For those with the same problem I have had a proper look at this and the spray does not appear to be user adjustable. You can see below the washer jet sticking out. It seems to be a separate piece of plastic to the rest of the unit. It sprays at an angle upwards. On mine it needs to protrude out further to enable the spray to actually hit the camera lens rather than fall short. I have tried to move it but it won't budge and I am worried I will snap it off. It may be possible to file a tiny, tiny bit of plastic off the jet to adjust the spray but I don't really want to start trying to modify it.

It seems like another good idea that has been implemented very badly, rather like the PCM and Connect app.

Capture.JPG
How do I get it to wash the camera? It was easy on the Panamera, not sure how on Taycan.

OP
OP
TSS

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do I get it to wash the camera? It was easy on the Panamera, not sure how on Taycan.
When you put it in reverse there is a button that appears next to screen and you press that. I hope yours works better then mine does!

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
When you put it in reverse there is a button that appears next to screen and you press that. I hope yours works better then mine does!
Thanks

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
I may be crazy but I think my rear camera washer button has disappeared. I know I've used it before but now I don't see it. In park or reverse, picking the rear camera. Am I missing something?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
It usually takes me 2-3 squirts to get an effective cleaning. Unfortunately you can’t just keep the “button” pushed for a continuous stream, you have to press-release.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
It usually takes me 2-3 squirts to get an effective cleaning. Unfortunately you can’t just keep the “button” pushed for a continuous stream, you have to press-release.

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
Can someone tell me where the button for the rear camera wash is?
Sponsored