Reverse camera

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Hi,
I was going to get the reverse camera option added but I decided to go for the surround view option instead as it will help out with my tight driveway. When I went on my test drive, I remember the reverse camera seemed very weird when I was trying to reverse into a parking bay as it was quite blurry and I didn't understand where anything was. I was told that I could switch the view to the normal, simple reverse camera mode like the other manufacturers have however I was wondering if there is a way to make this basic reverse camera mode setting the default option or if I will have to switch to the basic reverse camera mode everytime?

If so, how easy is it to switch to the basic mode?
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Hi,
I was going to get the reverse camera option added but I decided to go for the surround view option instead as it will help out with my tight driveway. When I went on my test drive, I remember the reverse camera seemed very weird when I was trying to reverse into a parking bay as it was quite blurry and I didn't understand where anything was. I was told that I could switch the view to the normal, simple reverse camera mode like the other manufacturers have however I was wondering if there is a way to make this basic reverse camera mode setting the default option or if I will have to switch to the basic reverse camera mode everytime?

If so, how easy is it to switch to the basic mode?
The surround view is more useful. The front cameras turn on as a approach the wall in my garage or when I pull into a parking space with a parking stop.

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
When reverse camera is on, there is an icon at the bottom left that will switch the view. It's easy but unfortunately have not found a way to save it or make it default.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The surround view is more useful. The front cameras turn on as a approach the wall in my garage or when I pull into a parking space with a parking stop.
It also often switches on in dense traffic. That is very annoying. Any way to switch it off permanently?

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
It also often switches on in dense traffic. That is very annoying. Any way to switch it off permanently?
My camera sensors come on when a car pulls away in front of me.... the reversing cameras are crap

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Great thank you for that! Would you say that the reverse camera (when it is in the basic reverse view) is just as easy to understand as a normal cars reverse camera? Like it doesn't blur the objects etc?

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
Great thank you for that! Would you say that the reverse camera (when it is in the basic reverse view) is just as easy to understand as a normal cars reverse camera? Like it doesn't blur the objects etc?
In my opinion....It's better but not great. I had a loaner Cayenne for a couple of days last week and even that one was much better/clearer.

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Ah no I see! I guess it is just something that I will have to get used to.
Sponsored