Review our 4S build [Well, mine with input from Dad :p)

Fawad

First Name
Fawad Munir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTU8I74

Would appreciate any feedback/thoughts and anything glaringly obvious we have missed or would look better. We aren't really interested in the fancy rear drive thing as we won't be racing it around and it will be a daily driver.

Thanks all
A
X
Personally I’d only go for the sport side skirts and drop the rest of the design kit. This said I’d spend the money 21” wheels Mission E or Exclusive. They’ll have much more impact on the aesthetics than the sport design pack
Sponsored

Luc

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cherry Metalic
Country flag
Realy nice configuration, for myself I wonder why people don't want their type version on their car. Also consider that the latest version now is just the Taycan, with only one motor ! No indication for me indicated that it will be a standard in stead of a turbo ! . I personal have the 4WS steering which is nice and the 360 degree camera which is a great help with parking. The one I misses is the sound/isolated window . I should have joined the forum before buying it. I'll hope you and your son wil enjoy. Its a nice father son thing to configure sucht a car, and driving more :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sport Design pack is not worth the cost and doesn't address the plastic lower lip on the front diffuser as it remains 'as is'. On the Turbo / Turbo S this is colour coded to the car.

On other Porsches (Panamera, Cayenne) it changes the appearance quite a lot but on the Taycan it is subtle and not well executed at all in my opinion. The side skirts should be fully colour coded rather than a simple colour flash as the bulk of the plastic is still on display if not greater than the standard car given the slight rear sill extension.

Given the colour of the car the black painted finish won't be that much of a contrast and you'll wonder what you paid the money for!

Either spend the money on extended leather or rear axle steering - you will experience the benefit from day 1 regardless of what style of driving and is not confined for track use. Parking is quicker / easier given the subtle turning of the rear wheels.

4+1 seats - middle seat isn't useable unless you are buying for the 3-way seat split?

Park Assist including Surround View is a lot more useable - helps to prevent chance of kerbing wheels and all round manoeuvring capability. It's in the 'must have' category.

Black gloss surrounds are colour sensitive in my view and with Volcano Grey just dull the overall effect. If you can view cars with / without chrome then that's worth doing but personally I think it pops with the chrome when contrasted with the grey.

Electric Sport Sound - people expect this but entirely optional as you will quickly tire of it.

Power steering plus (as mentioned before) - worth it. Provides speed sensitive steering i.e. firms up at speed and lighter when parking. No brainer. This can be added later as part of the Function on Demand (FoD) feature but is more expensive that way round.

Door mirrors look better when same colour as car.

In summary, I think you are sacrificing a lot due to the Sport Design Pack.

As an aside I'm not sure what your charging needs are but consider this.

Get the longer cable connection - between PMC (or PMCC) and car - 7.5m and its free! This is useful if you keep you car in a garage and gives you more flexibility for charging reach. To this also consider the Charging Dock for wall mounting of your PMC or PMCC. Not essential as there are standard mounts supplied but it looks 1000 times better with the dock!

On the debate on whether to use standard PMC or pay more for the PMCC I would advise you to look at the PMCC option. If you untick the Public Charging Cable [Mode 3] at £210 and then select 'Substitution: Public charging cable instead of Mobile Charger Plus (PMC)' which is free (and provides you with a Mode 3 public cable) and then select Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) the cost drops from £767 by £210 to £557. PMCC is more desirable than PMC due to the features it offers and remote management. Note: Ignore the reference to Home Energy Manager as you don't need this in addition.

Your choices at the end of the day.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman GTS
Country flag
My only suggestion would be to drop the Sports package and go for rear-wheel steering and Sports Chono. These really improve the driving experience and the standard front end is more tasteful (IMHO). The rear-wheel steering also greatly improves the turning circle which is a big deal on a car of this size.

I also agree with the post about model deletion - wear the 4S badge with pride!
Sponsored