Review our 4S build [Well, mine with input from Dad :p)

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
These are helpful comments.
Completely agree on the storage pack. I was going to order it until i saw the ridiculous tray on the centre tunnel.
My kids wanted the panoramic roof so I got bullied into this but I agree the metal roof looks better.
Interesting comment on the dark silver accent. I have gone for volcano grey with full black leather interior (more child friendly than the lighter colours) so I added the dark silver accent to break it up a little but interesting to read that it isn't that visibly different.
I just added Matrix lighting this morning (just the normal ones that come standard with the Turbo, not the Blue exclusive design which look naff).
The last item I am pondering is the night vision assist. I live in town so not normally that useful but it could be good on the occasional trip to rural parts. Any thoughts on this? My dealer says to leave it off. He said about 1 in 50 cars he has sold has it.
I don't have the night vision. People on here seem to like it but I didn't feel the need, and it's pretty expensive.

I got the dark silver for the same reason as you - I'll be carting people around in a ski resort so went for the black interior to be a bit more practical, and then the dark silver accents for a slight "lift" to the interior. I got the ambient lighting for the same reason. Maybe I'd miss the dark silver if it wasn't there, but I don't notice it much.

Something I didn’t realise until I had ordered is that you can spec the centre panels of the seats in a different color. I might have got the Bordeaux red or the light grey (chalk?) with centres in black which would wear a bit better. You can only see the change in the 3D configurator, not the normal one btw.
Sponsored

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Ah one other thing is that if you get the 18-way front seats the centre panelling doesn't exactly match the back seats, even though it appears they do in the configurator. The 14-way seats do match.

Pic from my car below. You may well not care but it annoyed me a bit!

Porsche Taycan Review our 4S build [Well, mine with input from Dad :p) _20210127_130037.JPG

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Standard leather is the partial leather.
Partial leather means leather seats and non-leather dashboard etc. Full leather means leather on the dashboard as well. Your seats will always be full leather, even if you choose the basic interior.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Ah one other thing is that if you get the 18-way front seats the centre panelling doesn't exactly match the back seats, even though it appears they do in the configurator. The 14-way seats do match.

Pic from my car below. You may well not care but it annoyed me a bit!

_20210127_130037.JPG
How strange? I have seen this mentioned before but never checked my car. Today I did and mine are the 18 way seats and have the same look in the front as the rear? I do not have the 4 + 1 seat configuration though, only 4 seats! Could that be a reason?
Porsche Taycan Review our 4S build [Well, mine with input from Dad :p) 4760A717-EE96-4D01-BE57-7084A87CF593

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I do not have the 4 + 1 seat configuration though, only 4 seats! Could that be a reason?
Yes, I think that could be the reason. I noticed this "mixed" seat config also in a youtube video from Shmee where he presented his Turbo S. This car also has the 4+1 seat config.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Almost every deleted model designation is a 4S – so when I see it, I think a 4S owner that really kinda wishes they had the turbo. I vote to wear your designation with pride :)
I've gone for a Turbo and removed it, just so my wife wouldn't know I'd spent so much money. Then I discovered how many other places in the car it was featured, so had to come clean.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I've gone for a Turbo and removed it, just so my wife wouldn't know I'd spent so much money. Then I discovered how many other places in the car it was featured, so had to come clean.
In that case you should also order the Porsche Crest on the headrests. Otherwise there will be the "Turbo" logo on them :p

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was looking into this since I had originally heard the same but there are actually some 150KW DC chargers. Both Shell and BP seem to have them:

https://bpchargemaster.com/ultracharge-150/
Well I live and learn and happy to eat my words!

Sadly none in Scotland and no indication of if or when. My nearest BP rapid charger 50kW is a convenient 90+ miles away!

Shell has 3 locations across Scotland offering 50kW max (according to their own app) and only 1 currently near to where I live (the next nearest one is 67 miles away).

No doubt things will improve overtime and potentially the 150kW DC might pay for itself one day :headbang:

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
Well I live and learn and happy to eat my words!

Sadly none in Scotland and no indication of if or when. My nearest BP rapid charger 50kW is a convenient 90+ miles away!

Shell has 3 locations across Scotland offering 50kW max (according to their own app) and only 1 currently near to where I live (the next nearest one is 67 miles away).

No doubt things will improve overtime and potentially the 150kW DC might pay for itself one day :headbang:
The 150kW charge booster is only useful for older style (I believe 400V) DC chargers that are over 50kW. All new chargers in the UK have to be higher voltage, so the the booster isn't much use in the UK - travelling in the EU with a larger and older network it will be more useful (which is why I ticked it).

See also: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/150kw-dc-on-board-booster.1790/

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The 150kW charge booster is only useful for older style (I believe 400V) DC chargers that are over 50kW. All new chargers in the UK have to be higher voltage, so the the booster isn't much use in the UK - travelling in the EU with a larger and older network it will be more useful (which is why I ticked it).

See also: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/150kw-dc-on-board-booster.1790/
Yep, I read that too but not technically competent / brave enough to state that if only 400V then the 150 DC onboard option would be useless and therefore a waste of money for folk like me in UK.

Dumb question, but I don't mind asking it, will the Taycan with its 800v system which peaks at 270kW DC charging be able to take a 400v 150kW DC charge be able to charge at least 50kW to 150kW without the onboard 150kW DC charger (if that makes sense)?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
If driving in Ireland the new 150 kWH chargers that ESB (our state electricity network operator) is rolling out are at 400V and require this charger option.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dumb question, but I don't mind asking it, will the Taycan with its 800v system which peaks at 270kW DC charging be able to take a 400v 150kW DC charge be able to charge at least 50kW to 150kW without the onboard 150kW DC charger (if that makes sense)?
Not quite sure what you mean here.

If you ask if the 800 volt Taycan can charge at between 50 and 150 kW at a 800 volt charger rated at 150 kW, then YES!

If you are asking if a 800 volt Taycan can charge at more than 50 kW at a 400 volt charger, then NO, unless you have the option!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not quite sure what you mean here.

If you ask if the 800 volt Taycan can charge at between 50 and 150 kW at a 800 volt charger rated at 150 kW, then YES!

If you are asking if a 800 volt Taycan can charge at more than 50 kW at a 400 volt charger, then NO, unless you have the option!
That's clear then and what I thought :( ... lucky I ticked that option and have the onboard 150kW DC charger.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is quite common here in Europe as said with 400 volt 150 kW chargers. So if you ever plan a trip to Europe you might benefit a lot.

And if we dream a lot ( or hallucinate some may say), just think what the result could be if Porsche made an agreement with Tesla to use their Superchargers!! It is the same CCS connector.......

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTU8I74

Would appreciate any feedback/thoughts and anything glaringly obvious we have missed or would look better. We aren't really interested in the fancy rear drive thing as we won't be racing it around and it will be a daily driver.

Thanks all
A
X
Volcano Grey Metallic

The colour of my Panamera – its a great colour – if I wasn't going with Neptune Blue, I'd have stuck with Volcano Grey.

Two-Tone Partial Leather Interior, Black/Chalk Beige

Great match with the exterior colour.

SportDesign package painted in black (high-gloss)

Have never seen it in person – it doesn't do enough to the front – or maybe I don't have enough of a "problem" with the standard 4S front – for this to be worth the money for me. I don't think I'm neutral on it – I think I just prefer the look of the standard front.

The Taycan is such a futuristic and sporty car that I don't feel it needs this to stand out or give a unique appearance.

Electric folding exterior mirrors

Must have in European parking spaces. Nuts that its extra!

Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)

100% on this – not a fan of the Chrome. This should be a no-cost option.

‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights

Have never seen them – but they feel "silly" to me. I'd prefer to have illuminated door sills as a "logo" touch.

Deletion of Model Designation

Almost every deleted model designation is a 4S – so when I see it, I think a 4S owner that really kinda wishes they had the turbo. I vote to wear your designation with pride :)

Plus, if you disagree, its trivial to take the badge off yourself or get your dealer to do it.

Performance Battery Plus

No brainer.

20-Inch Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels

The best wheel option available at time of purchase. I think some of the Porsche Winter Wheels are nicer, but this is the one I've gone with too.

Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest

They look great against the exterior colour you've picked.

Exclusive Matrix LED headlights in Glacier Ice Blue with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus

+1 on the matrix headlights - they work so well, it blows my mind.

The "glacier ice blue" does nothing for me. I'd save my money.

Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors

Jeez, why isn't this standard?

Panoramic fixed glass roof

This type of roof is very "on-trend" at the moment and for that reason I left it out – to create a more "classic" experience. I love the creases in the metal roof.

Privacy Glass

I'm also not a big fan of this – have it on my Panamera and I just don't like the look. If you got young kids in the back they would appreciate it. Consider the acoustic glass if you can stretch to the price. It will be more impactful to your daily experiences than the "ice blue" lights.

ParkAssist including Reversing Camera

Perfectly adequate.

4+1 Seats

If you need em - it won't be very practical.

Ambient Lighting

I like the ambient lighting on this car – more so than on my Panamera

Comfort Seats in Front (14-Way, Electric) with Memory Package

Great choice, good two if more than one driver. This includes remembering wheel and mirror positions.

Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front Seats)

One of those silly things that you will enjoy.

Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black

Much better than than the default option – good choice. I went illuminated as my "silly logo" option!

BOSE® Surround Sound System

I hear its the best BOSE Porsche have put into their cars. I was disappointed in the BOSE in my Panamera so splurged out for the Burmester. The BOSE will be brilliant.

Electric charging port cover

You have to really, don't you?
This is the best reply I have seen but add electric sport sound. It’s addictive and you will regret it if you don’t as you can’t add it later
Sponsored