Review our 4S build [Well, mine with input from Dad :p)

Amy84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTU8I74

Would appreciate any feedback/thoughts and anything glaringly obvious we have missed or would look better. We aren't really interested in the fancy rear drive thing as we won't be racing it around and it will be a daily driver.

Thanks all
A
X
Sponsored

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag

Would appreciate any feedback/thoughts and anything glaringly obvious we have missed or would look better. We aren't really interested in the fancy rear drive thing as we won't be racing it around and it will be a daily driver.

Thanks all
A
X
  • You’ve gone all-in for the sport design pack in gloss black but not the mirror bases in gloss black
  • I’m sure lots of people will suggest Sport Chrono to quickly change drive modes
  • Adaptive Cruise is nice to have on a Daily Driver and allows more upgrades with Feature On Demand later
  • Comfort Access is where the doors open without you pressing the key as you approach the car - some people like this (or expect it on a car of this value)
  • Extended leather is a bit nicer than the standard partial leather
All personal preference of course, nothing critical missing.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Volcano Grey Metallic

The colour of my Panamera – its a great colour – if I wasn't going with Neptune Blue, I'd have stuck with Volcano Grey.

Two-Tone Partial Leather Interior, Black/Chalk Beige

Great match with the exterior colour.

SportDesign package painted in black (high-gloss)

Have never seen it in person – it doesn't do enough to the front – or maybe I don't have enough of a "problem" with the standard 4S front – for this to be worth the money for me. I don't think I'm neutral on it – I think I just prefer the look of the standard front.

The Taycan is such a futuristic and sporty car that I don't feel it needs this to stand out or give a unique appearance.

Electric folding exterior mirrors

Must have in European parking spaces. Nuts that its extra!

Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)

100% on this – not a fan of the Chrome. This should be a no-cost option.

‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights

Have never seen them – but they feel "silly" to me. I'd prefer to have illuminated door sills as a "logo" touch.

Deletion of Model Designation

Almost every deleted model designation is a 4S – so when I see it, I think a 4S owner that really kinda wishes they had the turbo. I vote to wear your designation with pride :)

Plus, if you disagree, its trivial to take the badge off yourself or get your dealer to do it.

Performance Battery Plus

No brainer.

20-Inch Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels

The best wheel option available at time of purchase. I think some of the Porsche Winter Wheels are nicer, but this is the one I've gone with too.

Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest

They look great against the exterior colour you've picked.

Exclusive Matrix LED headlights in Glacier Ice Blue with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus

+1 on the matrix headlights - they work so well, it blows my mind.

The "glacier ice blue" does nothing for me. I'd save my money.

Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors

Jeez, why isn't this standard?

Panoramic fixed glass roof

This type of roof is very "on-trend" at the moment and for that reason I left it out – to create a more "classic" experience. I love the creases in the metal roof.

Privacy Glass

I'm also not a big fan of this – have it on my Panamera and I just don't like the look. If you got young kids in the back they would appreciate it. Consider the acoustic glass if you can stretch to the price. It will be more impactful to your daily experiences than the "ice blue" lights.

ParkAssist including Reversing Camera

Perfectly adequate.

4+1 Seats

If you need em - it won't be very practical.

Ambient Lighting

I like the ambient lighting on this car – more so than on my Panamera

Comfort Seats in Front (14-Way, Electric) with Memory Package

Great choice, good two if more than one driver. This includes remembering wheel and mirror positions.

Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front Seats)

One of those silly things that you will enjoy.

Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black

Much better than than the default option – good choice. I went illuminated as my "silly logo" option!

BOSE® Surround Sound System

I hear its the best BOSE Porsche have put into their cars. I was disappointed in the BOSE in my Panamera so splurged out for the Burmester. The BOSE will be brilliant.

Electric charging port cover

You have to really, don't you?

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
If you are driving in wet and cold condition, consider the PSCB brakes, as the standard steel ones will corrode.. I sadly did not spec it, and it’s the only thing I miss..

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
E
  • You’ve gone all-in for the sport design pack in gloss black but not the mirror bases in gloss black
  • I’m sure lots of people will suggest Sport Chrono to quickly change drive modes
  • Adaptive Cruise is nice to have on a Daily Driver and allows more upgrades with Feature On Demand later
  • Comfort Access is where the doors open without you pressing the key as you approach the car - some people like this (or expect it on a car of this value)
  • Extended leather is a bit nicer than the standard partial leather
All personal preference of course, nothing critical missing.
even without the comfort access, car would unlock upon approach. You cannot lock it without the remote though
(mjnor inconvenience)

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks all
A
X
1) night vision - great feature
2) massage and ventilated seats - nice comfort feature
3) acc - must have
4) sound/heat insulated windows - you will enjoy that
5) sport sound - must have
6) black window trim - much better than chrome
7) 20” - unnecessary; 19” more comfortable and more range
8) porsche fire extinguisher - nice touch
9) surround parking - very useful
10) 4+1 - smart choice
11) sport chrono - convenient
12) passenger screen - impressive and useful
13) burmester - as good as it gets
14) electric doors for charging - unnecessary
15) interrior light package - nice touch

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Deletion of Model Designation

Almost every deleted model designation is a 4S – so when I see it, I think a 4S owner that really kinda wishes they had the turbo. I vote to wear your designation with pride :)

Plus, if you disagree, its trivial to take the badge off yourself or get your dealer to do it.
Totally agree with this. I ordered mine with the model deleted, and I wish I hadn't. Ironically, I did it primarily because I like it clean, but I really would rather NOT have people thinking I splurged on a Turbo or Turbo S.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Totally agree with this. I ordered mine with the model deleted, and I wish I hadn't. Ironically, I did it primarily because I like it clean, but I really would rather NOT have people thinking I splurged on a Turbo or Turbo S.
Chrono clock and model font are design relics. Not my taste.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

Thanks all
A
X
If you do lots of city driving, I would cut the sport design package and take the real axle steering.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
even without the comfort access, car would unlock upon approach. You cannot lock it without the remote though
(mjnor inconvenience)
Really? Mine doesn’t, unless I’ve missed something in the PCM. I thought that was the point of the option, otherwise what does it do that the standard car doesn’t?

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Really? Mine doesn’t, unless I’ve missed something in the PCM. I thought that was the point of the option, otherwise what does it do that the standard car doesn’t?
You cannot close it with a button on doors/trunk. But it does open up. My2021. So I was also surprised, as it was intentionally not ticked in due to security reasons.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Great external colour but personally I think it looks best with the chrome window surrounds.

Not a fan of the sports design pack (or any component of it) as I don't think it enhances the car much for the cost. The sports design side skirts would be ideal if they were fully colour coded as per the Panamera but as they're not and provide only a flash of colour I would avoid also.

360 panoramic parking is a must (this is wide car, wider than the Panamera in parts) but not the additional 3D gimmick (becomes very costly as you need both).

Good choice on door sills (chrome looks terrible and visible from the inside when the door is shut) and is free.

Storage package.

Standard matrix lights.

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) - gives you more safety benefits and the neat self tensioning (speed sensitive) seat belts.

Rear axle steering.

Colour coded electric folding & heated door mirrors.

Sports Chrono - not sure about this (the positioning of the chrono is poor and looks cheap - ought to be integrated into the dash - and can create a screen reflection). It does give you a few additional features but all cars have launch control so perhaps a 50:50 decision.

Front seats are heated as standard - rear seats an option and the +1 seat is not really useable in practice.

Black & crayon is a nice combo worth looking at. Full standard leather is a must (in any colour combo) as there is too much plastic otherwise.

Porsche logo in door mirrors (hmm...why!?).

Tyre sealant and electric inflator (not standard)

Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (unless you have an alternative?)

OP
OP

Amy84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey all, thanks so much for responding.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice spec. Not sure if you have contacted anyone yet with regards to the order, however if you have when do you expect delivery? I've been told for 4S delivery is September and for the new RWD its March/April.

I really want a 4s but the delivery time is so long.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
i definitely wouldnt go with the sport design kit as it does not go with the theme of the car, maybe take just the side skirts. Personally i found the standard interior to be sub standard and you need the full leather interior

i would spend the money you save on Innodrive, LCA and surround camera.

if you want the quickest delivery time order from Porsche Mayfair
Sponsored