Review our 4S build [Well, mine with input from Dad :p)

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, just called them and it is.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
We aren't really interested in the fancy rear drive thing as we won't be racing it around and it will be a daily driver.
Rear wheel steering is more useful in tight spots than at speed. It's costly though, so it's not what I would spec first.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Volcano grey - great colour choice with the black window trim and the 20" alloys. I have ordered the same on my 4s.

Sport Design package - Seems expensive and I don't really see the benefit. Maybe upgrade to the turbo if you need the extra painted bits?

Partial leather - I think the full leather looks much better. You will spend more time noticing the inside of the car than the outside.

Acoustic glass - consider adding this. The car is very quiet so this helps with wind noise.

Model Delete - I am keeping the model and 4s badges. Note that there is now a base Taycan model so it could look like you have ordered the cheapest model.

Led matrix lights - my dealer wants me to go for these but I think the standard ones are fine. Have you tried these out? Are they significantly better and worth the extra? I'm not too keen on the blue bits.

Privacy glass - popular choice but I don't like it.

Park assist - I have chosen the surround version

Power steering plus - consider adding this. It is not very expensive.

DC Charger - I think most people add this.

Seat heating for all four seats - I added this

Heated steering wheel - another popular choice. I have added this
Electric sound - ditto

Sports chrono - i actually prefer the dash without the clock but i like the mode change on the wheel and this is a popular extra so I went for this.

Rear wheel steering - i just added this today having read this post.

Door sills in black - and I just added this too. I didn't even know they did this option. Thanks

OP
OP

Amy84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Spent some time revising, but can't make all the suggested changes ha ha

I have three things ticked at present which I am unsure about keeping as it's bloating the price:

1. Extended leather interior (as opposed to standard)
2. Sports Chrono (I am not interested in the clock but changing driving modes is going to be really annoying to do via a dash all the time- seems an annoying waste of money but maybe necessary)
3. Matrix LED headlights (are they much much better than the standard?)

What do you think about the above 3 - what should stay, and what should go. Ideally a top 3. Removing the leather interior makes a huge difference to the price tbh but I don't want a crappy looking cabin :p

I have also added:

Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass
ParkAssist including Surround View
On-Board DC-Charger with 150 kW

Under consideration:

Power steering plus

New link: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMJKW7B4

Amy x

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Standard leather is sufficient. Partial is to be avoided.

In absence of Sports Chrono you can easily configure a My Screen applet to select driving modes etc. Three applets can be displayed on the main central screen. This provides a single touch. What you won't get is the mode selector on the steering wheel or the individual mode.

150kW DC is probably useless/ pointless as there aren't any in UK nor planned to be. This doesn't impact the ability to charge at 350kW chargers if you can find one. Most rapid chargers are 50kW DC. Dealer will persuade you otherwise and offer future proofing as an excuse - challenge if so.

Power Steering plus is a must (can be added via function on demand (FoD) later at a higher cost). If you opt for rear axle steering you get power steering plus included.

Matrix (non ice blue) lights are good and enable full beam driving at all times due to the tech involved. Note some features are only active at certain speeds and conditions. If you do a lot of country road and motorway driving at night I'd recommend. Not essential but more useful than full leather.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
Model Delete -
My personal experience is that without model designation , I have more peace of mind from other drivers. Nobody knows which engine it is and they don´t challenge me.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Standard leather is sufficient. Partial is to be avoided.

In absence of Sports Chrono you can easily configure a My Screen applet to select driving modes etc. Three applets can be displayed on the main central screen. This provides a single touch. What you won't get is the mode selector on the steering wheel or the individual mode.

150kW DC is probably useless/ pointless as there aren't any in UK nor planned to be. This doesn't impact the ability to charge at 350kW chargers if you can find one. Most rapid chargers are 50kW DC. Dealer will persuade you otherwise and offer future proofing as an excuse - challenge if so.

Power Steering plus is a must (can be added via function on demand (FoD) later at a higher cost). If you opt for rear axle steering you get power steering plus included.

Matrix (non ice blue) lights are good and enable full beam driving at all times due to the tech involved. Note some features are only active at certain speeds and conditions. If you do a lot of country road and motorway driving at night I'd recommend. Not essential but more useful than full leather.
Thanks for the leather correction but had forgotten the leather interior is called extended leather thinking that included yet further leather additions which can be optioned.

ALindsay

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e hybrid 2020, Taycan 4s due Nov 2020
Country flag
Sports design just not needed, spend money saved on rear wheel steering, it really does make the car astonishing.!

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
You may wish to reconsider rear axle steering (RAS). In urban settings, RAS, which includes power steering plus, can definitely come in handy when negotiating in and out of tight parking spots or simply performing tight maneuvers, including u-turns.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
The matrix lights are fantastic. I do quite a bit of driving on country / mountain roads and effectively having full beam on all the time at night is super helpful. Definitely get these.

The extra seat in the 4+1 is only for emergencies but the main thing it adds for me is the ability to fold down the central seat only. Makes the back seat a 40:20:40 split instead of just 60:40. Obviously helpful for skis or other longer items while still being able to get 2 people in the back.

Storage package makes the spot under the climate control screen useful, but also adds a useless tray in the back where a central passenger's foot might go.

20in turbo wheels at a minimum, can't believe someone was suggesting the dorky 19in ones.

As other people have said it's a big car, for parking the 360° cameras are really useful, and I'd also get the rear axle steering.

The Bose stereo is great. I don't miss a panoramic roof and the metal one looks better. The sport design stuff seems very bad value to me BTW.

Things I maybe wouldn't get again: Innodrive (I drive with the "consider speed limits" turned off which is pretty much the same as ACC). Lane Change Assist is not very good. Electric sport sound is fun but I don't really ever turn it on. Comfort access I could live without. I have some gorgeous 21in wheels waiting for summer but tbh the 20s are lovely. Darksilver accents aren't really visible on the black leather.

I'm happy to have all these but wouldn't miss if I wanted to save some cash.

Things I wish I got: not much. Maybe Bordeaux or the chalk leather.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
The matrix lights are fantastic. I do quite a bit of driving on country / mountain roads and effectively having full beam on all the time at night is super helpful. Definitely get these.

The extra seat in the 4+1 is only for emergencies but the main thing it adds for me is the ability to fold down the central seat only. Makes the back seat a 40:20:40 split instead of just 60:40. Obviously helpful for skis or other longer items while still being able to get 2 people in the back.

Storage package makes the spot under the climate control screen useful, but also adds a useless tray in the back where a central passenger's foot might go.

20in turbo wheels at a minimum, can't believe someone was suggesting the dorky 19in ones.

As other people have said it's a big car, for parking the 360° cameras are really useful, and I'd also get the rear axle steering.

The Bose stereo is great. I don't miss a panoramic roof and the metal one looks better. The sport design stuff seems very bad value to me BTW.

Things I maybe wouldn't get again: Innodrive (I drive with the "consider speed limits" turned off which is pretty much the same as ACC). Lane Change Assist is not very good. Electric sport sound is fun but I don't really ever turn it on. Comfort access I could live without. I have some gorgeous 21in wheels waiting for summer but tbh the 20s are lovely. Darksilver accents aren't really visible on the black leather.

I'm happy to have all these but wouldn't miss if I wanted to save some cash.

Things I wish I got: not much. Maybe Bordeaux or the chalk leather.

These are helpful comments.
Completely agree on the storage pack. I was going to order it until i saw the ridiculous tray on the centre tunnel.
My kids wanted the panoramic roof so I got bullied into this but I agree the metal roof looks better.
Interesting comment on the dark silver accent. I have gone for volcano grey with full black leather interior (more child friendly than the lighter colours) so I added the dark silver accent to break it up a little but interesting to read that it isn't that visibly different.
I just added Matrix lighting this morning (just the normal ones that come standard with the Turbo, not the Blue exclusive design which look naff).
The last item I am pondering is the night vision assist. I live in town so not normally that useful but it could be good on the occasional trip to rural parts. Any thoughts on this? My dealer says to leave it off. He said about 1 in 50 cars he has sold has it.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I was looking into this since I had originally heard the same but there are actually some 150KW DC chargers. Both Shell and BP seem to have them:

https://bpchargemaster.com/ultracharge-150/
Sponsored