tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
I ordered the no added cost 19" wheels for my 4S because I will definitely have after market wheels installed. This will make my taycan unique! I am considering 21" versus 22" wheels. As we all know, the larger wheels look very sexy but how is the ride softness with the air suspension. Will those with larger wheels on their taycans please comment on day to day ride feel. Thanks.
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I can also report pleasing ride on 21" Mission E wheels, Taycan RWD.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Logically the 19" wheels are best (if you have the smaller six piston brake calipers), for example: lowest unsprung mass, lowest likelihood of "curb rash", lowest likelihood of wheel damage due to road hazards, lowest aerodynamic drag, lowest cost, greatest ride comfort. That said, the larger wheels accommodate larger brake calipers, and some of them look so amazing that they make the car. I ordered the 20" Turbo Aero wheels but don't plan to use them again now that I have staggered 20/21" ForgeLine FU3C wheels. As far as comfort, coming from a large luxury sedan, this setup does not feel harsh in normal and sport mode.
(Photo credit: Steve Johnson)
Porsche Taycan Ride Feel with 21' or 22" wheels on Taycan 487DC6E9-F188-437A-A666-7DE7C90858AB

ilsaair

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S, 1989 560SL, 2020 Range Rover Velar
Country flag
I ordered the no added cost 19" wheels for my 4S because I will definitely have after market wheels installed. This will make my taycan unique! I am considering 21" versus 22" wheels. As we all know, the larger wheels look very sexy but how is the ride softness with the air suspension. Will those with larger wheels on their taycans please comment on day to day ride feel. Thanks.
I have the 22” wheels. Ride is outstanding - even following the 42psi inflation on all 4 tires.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I have 21" Mission E wheels. Ride quality is great. I came to a Taycan from an S Class. The Taycan with 21s in "normal" mode is every bit as smooth.

OP
OP
tibiafx1

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
Logically the 19" wheels are best (if you have the smaller six piston brake calipers), for example: lowest unsprung mass, lowest likelihood of "curb rash", lowest likelihood of wheel damage due to road hazards, lowest aerodynamic drag, lowest cost, greatest ride comfort. That said, the larger wheels accommodate larger brake calipers, and some of them look so amazing that they make the car. I ordered the 20" Turbo Aero wheels but don't plan to use them again now that I have staggered 20/21" ForgeLine FU3C wheels. As far as comfort, coming from a large luxury sedan, this setup does not feel harsh in normal and sport mode.
(Photo credit: Steve Johnson)
487DC6E9-F188-437A-A666-7DE7C90858AB.jpeg
Thanks for all of the replies! I feel much better about getting 21” aftermarket wheels. The air suspension system on the Taycan must be amazing! I can’t wait.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just echoing others - 21" mission E wheels give you monstrous front brakes (good since the car is not exactly lightweight at almost 5200 lbs) and with the air suspension, normal is super compliant and smooth but not spongy like a luxomobile - I find sport perfect for daily driving - perfect balance of limited body roll and stiffness. Sport Plus is tight, almost no roll but no compliance - you will feel everything. Having the ability to select among all three is huge.
Sponsored