Ride heights 4S no Sport Chrono

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Some questions about the ride hide adjustments on the 4S. If the sport chrono option is chosen I believe you do not get sports plus.

Does the sports mode in the 4s have the lowest ride height setting (like the sports plus)?

I know the range mode also gives the lowest setting, however I have read some where that is only when the car is travelling over a certain speed. Is that correct?

In the individual mode are you able to set the ride height as you wish?

I haven't got my car yet, now due next month. Looking at a lot of online photos with the turbo aero wheels they seem to sit quite high with a large gap in the wheel arch area when parked. How can I get the lowest setting when parked?

Also how do you find it with the lowest setting when going over speed humps?
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
@torx - There are Drive Mode, Chassis, and Height. Each of these is preconfigured depending on the Drive Mode selected, but can be temporarily modified until you shut off the power. With the Sport Chrono option you also get Sport Chrono and Individual Drive Modes. Sport Plus in Drive Mode (power) is different from Sport Plus in the Chassis setting (suspension). The Individual Drive Mode can be programmed with your preference for Chassis and Height. I have Individual setting programmed with Sport for Drive Mode, Normal for Chassis and Low for Height (same as Sport Plus height).

As far as Height, Range and Sport Plus are the same and Normal and Sport are the same (higher than Range or Sport Plus). Here are some pics.

Porsche Taycan Ride heights 4S no Sport Chrono 20210305_080627_resized
Porsche Taycan Ride heights 4S no Sport Chrono 20210305_082119_resized
Porsche Taycan Ride heights 4S no Sport Chrono 20210305_080619_resized
Porsche Taycan Ride heights 4S no Sport Chrono 20210305_080446_resized
Porsche Taycan Ride heights 4S no Sport Chrono 20210305_080506_resized
Porsche Taycan Ride heights 4S no Sport Chrono 20210305_080549_resized
Porsche Taycan Ride heights 4S no Sport Chrono 20210305_080557_resized
Porsche Taycan Ride heights 4S no Sport Chrono 20210305_080608_resized

OP
OP

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the reply and for all those photos. However I am still confused.

With the 4S with no Sport Chrono is there no individual mode?

I just want it to be low all the time, even when parked, without the large gaps in the wheel arches. From what you have told me this is not possible if you do not have sport chrono?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For the 4S you need to have the Sport Chrono Package option to have the Individual programable setting (note Porsche Electric Sport Sound mentioned below is a separate option)
Includes:
  • Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel including mode switch for selecting drive modes: Range, Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS and Individual
  • Analogue and digital chronograph
  • SPORT PLUS mode with performance oriented tuning of chassis, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the Performance Battery
  • Individual mode for the individual configuration of the settings for driving mode, chassis, chassis level and Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Without the Sport Chrono Package, you will need to manually change the Chassis Height to Low for the Drive Mode you are using. It will be a temporary change for that particular trip.

Also whenever you power off the car and restart it, it will always start in Normal even with the Sport Chrono Package.

I like to drive around as low as possible too, but the car gets pretty low and you will need to hit the suspension lift button often when entering and leaving many driveways, speed bumps, parking space stops, etc. I'm used to doing it and I have owned many other cars that sit low, so I don't mind having to be thoughtful about the front end not scraping.

OP
OP

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for clearing that up.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just checked the gap between the wheel arch and the tires. My Taycan (with 21 inch Mission E) has a smaller gap than the Porsche Boxster S sitting next to it in my garage. :like:

OP
OP

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really wish I chose those 21" mission exclusive wheels. Looking to see if any used ones come up but little chance of that.

Last edited:

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the reply and for all those photos. However I am still confused.

With the 4S with no Sport Chrono is there no individual mode?

I just want it to be low all the time, even when parked, without the large gaps in the wheel arches. From what you have told me this is not possible if you do not have sport chrono?
It is confusing. Sport plus [and all its characteristics] isn’t a thing in non-chronic cars. When you adjust chassis on instrument cluster there’s only normal and sport apparently, minus sport plus.
Personally I like the simplicity of just hitting a button for sport. A car this powerful doesn’t need a “plus“ mode.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Really wish I chose those 21" mission exclusive wheels. Looking to see if any used ones come up but little chance of that.
Good idea to order a separate set of wheels when sledding the car. Dealer can usually get a foot deal worked out including them in the price of the car.
Sponsored