Ride heights in differing modes and when parked?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Hi, car due soon and a quick q on ride nights. When the cars parked what ride height is it set to and is this a choice?

I have sports Chrono on a 4s ordered, so have sports plus mode. Can you set it to stay at a certain height or is this mode dependent, eg range, sport plus etc.

Prefer the low look so what a gives the lowest settings in the main?
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Don't quote me, but it does seem to retain the ride height last used when you park it. This may or may not be what you want. For example if you set for lift to accommodate a dip in your driveway or for other reason when parking, it may remain at the max height when you park. Or you may go for the max height to ease egress. I'm with you though, I like the look when it's at the minimum height.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There is a button on the instrument cluster as well to cycle through the available heights, and you can set the height for individual mode to whatever you want. Range, Sport and Sport Plus always start at low when you engage those modes. Normal seems to retain the last height.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have my 'individual mode' on my TS set to "Normal" and "Low". When it's parked, it stays in "Low". However, if you open the rear door, the car will raise! Almost like it's assuming there is a passenger in the rear, and raising the car makes it easier to get out.?

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I have my 'individual mode' on my TS set to "Normal" and "Low". When it's parked, it stays in "Low". However, if you open the rear door, the car will raise! Almost like it's assuming there is a passenger in the rear, and raising the car makes it easier to get out.?
And avoid dragging on curbs, especially if it clears a curb empty and lowers to the curb when someone gets in. Not as cool looking, but prefer maximum height when stopped to protect car.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Don't quote me, but it does seem to retain the ride height last used when you park it. This may or may not be what you want. For example if you set for lift to accommodate a dip in your driveway or for other reason when parking, it may remain at the max height when you park. Or you may go for the max height to ease egress. I'm with you though, I like the look when it's at the minimum height.
Just to clarify can someone confirm that when parked in Lift Mode the car can remain elevated? With my previous 911 I was told not to leave the car in the highest elevated position.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just to clarify can someone confirm that when parked in Lift Mode the car can remain elevated? With my previous 911 I was told not to leave the car in the highest elevated position.
It will remain in lift mode (as long as the blue icon on the digital cockpit is illuminated blue when you power off). Note that if you leave for weeks / months on end it may well have lowered - this is mentioned in the PGTK App.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My 2021 does not do that. I have it set to the lowest setting all the time and it stays that way unless I change it.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My 2021 does not do that. I have it set to the lowest setting all the time and it stays that way unless I change it.
Rechecked and mine doesn't do this either. Must have been just a weird occurrence when it did.
Sponsored