First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
No surprise, but it finally happened.

IMO Bugatti was becoming less relevant as it was part of the R&D component for the VW group.
With a 45% ownership in this venture, it's even better news for Porsches electrification future with even more EV R&D coming from Rimac.

For the lower cost mass market cars, Hyundai will also benefit from this due being an investor in Rimac.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/5/22563898/bugatti-rimac-electric-supercar-acquisitoin-deal
Sponsored

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
not sure with the split if Genesis will still benefit from Hyundai, but they have been making major leaps and can see them being one of the top msg's of EV's in the future with a major improvement in fit/finish and overall quality/construction as well as style over the last 5-8 years. I dismissed this company for years as an 'economy' product, but they are making the right moves to change the perception of the Genesis brand and demand a premium that delivers excellent price/value ratio.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
not sure with the split if Genesis will still benefit from Hyundai, but they have been making major leaps and can see them being one of the top msg's of EV's in the future with a major improvement in fit/finish and overall quality/construction as well as style over the last 5-8 years. I dismissed this company for years as an 'economy' product, but they are making the right moves to change the perception of the Genesis brand and demand a premium that delivers excellent price/value ratio.
Exactly my thoughts.

The overall benefit will spill into the E-GMP platform that their EVs will use.

Luc Donckerwolke is the head of design (even though I didn't like what he did at Lamborghini).
The current Genesis line is sexy and the concept designs are even better.
Porsche Taycan Rimac takes over Bugatti from VW Large-2244-GenesisXConcept
Sponsored