First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
@Administrator
I was going to post separately, however, since you posted this article I will give you the shout out here.

I wanted to thank you the Administrator for this great site along with all the amazing members. Joined three weeks ago after following the site for two months when I purchased my 4S.
Do not know who you are, however, I wanted to thank you for this wonderful forum.
Lets all have a great 2021!
Rick

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So you guys drove 200 miles in 3 hour stretches.....that's 66.6 MPH. That sounds AWFUL. I've never driven my car less than 80-85 on any highway and many times over 90. And that you got 200 miles @ 90% charge at those speeds actually makes sense. It's a great car, it's a 160-200 mile range car - that's it's Achilles heal.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This summer I did 200+ miles on 80% used charge, driving 70-90 MPH on highways, mix of range and sport mode (but always lowest chassis height), couple of Mustang GTs who needed education along the way. Nice warm weather (ideal for the battery). Turbo (non-S) on 21" wheels. So I consider it a 160-200 mile car when it's cold, 200-250 when warm. Maybe a little better on 20" wheels or in a 4S.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This summer I did 200+ miles on 80% used charge, driving 70-90 MPH on highways, mix of range and sport mode (but always lowest chassis height), couple of Mustang GTs who needed education along the way. Nice warm weather (ideal for the battery). Turbo (non-S) on 21" wheels. So I consider it a 160-200 mile car when it's cold, 200-250 when warm. Maybe a little better on 20" wheels or in a 4S.
Not me. I've seen as low as 156 miles for 85% charge and seen a high of about 213 on same charge. As I get more miles on car and actually drive it down to under 30% charge before charging, the range estimate has come down to these figures. Best "estimate" I've ever seenwas 236 miles for 100% charge. But that was an "estimate" and real world driving would be much closer to 215 actual miles. Question: What kind of wheels are on your car ? The Mission E wheels are the LEAST efficient

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not me. I've seen as low as 156 miles for 85% charge and seen a high of about 213 on same charge. As I get more miles on car and actually drive it down to under 30% charge before charging, the range estimate has come down to these figures. Best "estimate" I've ever seenwas 236 miles for 100% charge. But that was an "estimate" and real world driving would be much closer to 215 actual miles. Question: What kind of wheels are on your car ? The Mission E wheels are the LEAST efficient
My Turbo has the Mission E wheels. Right after charging (upon returning from the above trip), at 80% my range (per the car) was around 215 miles. Now that it's cold and all my recent trips have been short (no highway miles, inefficient pre-heating the battery while driving), 85% SOC yields just under 200 miles estimated range. I'd love to know just how much driving history the computer uses - it's definitely some, but I'm not sure how much. Last charge? Last X miles? What...?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Turbo has the Mission E wheels. Right after charging (upon returning from the above trip), at 80% my range (per the car) was around 215 miles. Now that it's cold and all my recent trips have been short (no highway miles, inefficient pre-heating the battery while driving), 85% SOC yields just under 200 miles estimated range. I'd love to know just how much driving history the computer uses - it's definitely some, but I'm not sure how much. Last charge? Last X miles? What...?
I have 7800 miles and Mission E wheels. And I will be showing about 90% and 179 miles. This is in 25-30 degree weather.
Sponsored