Road trip and I’m in Blackburn at the Ionity

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
I’m on my first long road trip and was slightly nervous with using ionity for the first time.I stopped at Peterborough to test everything worked and it was fine (the first ionity charger didn’t work)

However I’m now in Blackburn after another 160 miles and a range left of 55 miles.

The car is only charging at 150kw. Any ideas? Battery should be nice and conditioned.. for me it was prime for super fast charge?
Sponsored

OP
OP

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
So if I used the planner (sat nav) it would pre condition the battery for optimum charging? The only problem was as it was a long journey the app times out so couldn’t do the journey and when I search the location in the car it can’t find anything... but is that the idea ?!

Thanks

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
So if I used the planner (sat nav) it would pre condition the battery for optimum charging? The only problem was as it was a long journey the app times out so couldn’t do the journey and when I search the location in the car it can’t find anything... but is that the idea ?!

Thanks
Look at it from the battery lifetime point of view: The slower the charging speed and the lower the temp while charging is, the longer the battery life and the higher the battery capacity remains. 150kW is plenty...
Sponsored