Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey. They had chargers on-site, just make sure the valets charge your car when you ask them to. Them failing to charge up my car as I asked really annoyed me. Maybe I didn't tip the guy enough to do his job.
Ironically, the MdR Ritz Carlton is where Porsche North America debuted the Taycan to the press in late 2019. Maybe your valet didn't remember.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After driving around the massive parking structure for about 10 minutes, we found the charger, plugged it in, and walked around the mall for about 40 minutes.
Funny! I just did this yesterday - including the 10 minute tour.

Once we got to the charger, my son pointed out that the map correctly showed our position, next to the charger. In other words, I set the navigation to the EA charger, then it said to turn into the garage, I missed that turn, and went into another entry point, and turned off navigation since it wasn't able to do turn by turn navigation.

However, I could have gotten there a lot faster if I visually used the navigation to the charger.

EA was useful since I called them to find the charger and they told me which store entry it was next to.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Funny! I just did this yesterday - including the 10 minute tour.

Once we got to the charger, my son pointed out that the map correctly showed our position, next to the charger. In other words, I set the navigation to the EA charger, then it said to turn into the garage, I missed that turn, and went into another entry point, and turned off navigation since it wasn't able to do turn by turn navigation.

However, I could have gotten there a lot faster if I visually used the navigation to the charger.

EA was useful since I called them to find the charger and they told me which store entry it was next to.
Just curious, how did you resolve the charging errors you reported on the other thread?

Reactions: Reg

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just curious, how did you resolve the charging errors you reported on the other thread?
I should repost that.

I brought it to the dealer and they did not find any problem. They ran diagnostics, were able to charge it in the shop and even brought it to a EA charger to confirm (I thought that was a nice touch).

After I picked it up, I went to charger to check and it was fine.

I suspect now it was the EVGO charger that I went to, but I don't know why that would be the case.

I returned from LA without any problems.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey. They had chargers on-site, just make sure the valets charge your car when you ask them to. Them failing to charge up my car as I asked really annoyed me. Maybe I didn't tip the guy enough to do his job.
That's a serious drop in service level and warrants a 1 star hotel review! :blush:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Little bit OT, but let me ask you how do you charge on a rainy day…or if snowing.
almost all charging stations are without roofs?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Little bit OT, but let me ask you how do you charge on a rainy day…or if snowing.
almost all charging stations are without roofs?
Just the same procedure as on sunny days

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Sockets are water-proof?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Sockets are water-proof?
I guess they are safe to use in reasonable rain but do not know about torrential rain? Not water[roof but safe to use else. I have charged several times in quite some downpour without any other issues than getting soaked through. And better hope the HPC is connecting first time.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61