First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi people!

I'm planning a trip from Portugal to Germany this summer and I need to figure out how to charge in Germany. Spain and France are not a problem since we have a Portuguese app (miiio) that works in these countries. What kind of service do I need to have for the German chargers, except ionity? Has anyone tried the tesla superchargers with a taycan?
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Do you get the Porsche Charging Card with your car in Portugal, or even better Plug and Charge?

In such case you will have access to many networks in Germany now. Ionity, Aral, EnBW, etc etc. They should all be visible on the Navigator in the car and under the Map settings in the app or website. Have a look at them there and you will find plenty.

And yes Tesla Superchargers Open to all work fine as well. Some can be a bit tricky with their short cables.

If you use the app to find suitable charging stations HPC, mark them with a star and you will easily find them in the PCM navigator

OP
OP
GTRamos

GTRamos

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
thanks a lot! Do you know if I can use plug and charge with the Tesla's network?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No you can not use Plug and Charge for the Tesla network.

You need to download the Tesla app and provide your credit card details, just like the Porsche charging card. Then look for Charge your Non-Tesla. If you search the internet there are a number of guys that have videos on how to start a charge. Very easy, but slightly different from the Porsche app.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is a screenshot from the app around Nuremberg , Frankfurt area. So plenty of choice. And all >270 kW!
Porsche Taycan Road trip to Germany 0C9F1D62-10F3-4DE7-B4B9-9448AC08EA02

OP
OP
GTRamos

GTRamos

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Scandinavian thanks a lot! Plenty of juice near the nurburgring!!
Sponsored