jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Not asking for advice bc it locks tomorrow & I've been tweaking this build for months but I figured I'd share in case any of you want to roast me for my decisions. ?

Long road for me - it was on my radar since the Mission E & considered ordering in July but the wife convinced me to wait for a 2021 model. Delivery scheduled for April 9th!

http://porsche-code.com/PMY27LX1
Sponsored

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You wanted some feedback so I feel obliged...of course I love the exterior color. Maybe consider the all black 21's? Other "maybe not worth it's" for me: carbon on mirror, why no logo?, ceramic brakes, passenger display, power port cover...BUT seriously, it's a pretty build. Enjoy it!

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Nice config, and pretty much how I’d do a Turbo. Except, I’d do something more fun than silver (wink wink, nudge nudge) (there that is as “roasty“ and I’m going to get haha)

OP
OP
jimithing

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice config, and pretty much how I’d do a Turbo. Except, I’d do something more fun than silver (wink wink, nudge nudge) (there that is as “roasty“ and I’m going to get haha)
I own an industrial company so I try not do have anything too loud. Otherwise it would've been Mamba Green. My wife liked the silver because it's similar to her old Mazda 3. ? I've owned a string of black cars but getting tired of compulsively washing them so I'm trying to go low maintenance even if boring.

I spent the whole weekend considering Ice Grey but decided I'd rather have a few other things like the passenger screen. Even if it's useless, I don't like how it looks just blank - looks like it's broken IMHO. I'd prefer trim there but that's not a choice.

OP
OP
jimithing

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You wanted some feedback so I feel obliged...of course I love the exterior color. Maybe consider the all black 21's? Other "maybe not worth it's" for me: carbon on mirror, why no logo?, ceramic brakes, passenger display, power port cover...BUT seriously, it's a pretty build. Enjoy it!
I waffled on the wheels. I figure I can always paint them black later if I get sick of the look much easier than painting them Dolomite later.

If by "no logo" you mean the model designation, I'd rather not advertise that it's a turbo. That's all.

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
Great build, Like said above I would do an all black Mission E wheel. Other then that its perfect, love the CF accents

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Nice spec.
Out of interest, how close were you to Turbo S money? Since some of the options are standard on the TS.

OP
OP
jimithing

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice spec.
Out of interest, how close were you to Turbo S money? Since some of the options are standard on the TS.
You can always walk yourself up the ladder to a little more, then a little more, etc. The Turbo S builds seem to range from $205k to $225k. I'm at $189k (I'm still getting the PMCC for free). It's not a huge spread but I had to stop somewhere.

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
You can always walk yourself up the ladder to a little more, then a little more, etc. The Turbo S builds seem to range from $205k to $225k. I'm at $189k (I'm still getting the PMCC for free). It's not a huge spread but I had to stop somewhere.
I just had my Turbo delivered and briefly had the same thoughts after the fact and I agree -- I had to draw the line somewhere too. My original budget was $165k, and I walked myself up to $178k MSRP before discounts for thrown-in options. After taxes I was still just under $200k (my semi-arbitrary line) and there's no way I would have been under with a Turbo S!

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
PCCB's at $5580 are truly unnecessary on these cars. PSCB's are more than adequate and make no dust either. Everything else looks appropriate or are based on your personal taste.

Love the color combo as it is the same as mine.
Porsche Taycan Roast my lack of restraint ... Taycan

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Not asking for advice bc it locks tomorrow & I've been tweaking this build for months but I figured I'd share in case any of you want to roast me for my decisions. ?

Long road for me - it was on my radar since the Mission E & considered ordering in July but the wife convinced me to wait for a 2021 model. Delivery scheduled for April 9th!

http://porsche-code.com/PMY27LX1
What??
No HUD or Night Vision??

Alright, I tried to roast but its a good well thought out config.

PS: You should have removed the premium and performance package from this list and then you would be roasted on this forum :)

Now the toughest part...the agonizing wait !!!

OP
OP
jimithing

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PCCB's at $5580 are truly unnecessary on these cars. PSCB's are more than adequate and make no dust either. Everything else looks appropriate or are based on your personal taste.

Love the color combo as it is the same as mine.
Taycan.jpg
That was kind of an early decision when I saw how much smaller the front brakes are on the 2021s. I was always going to do either PCCB or Burmester & decided on the PCCB. I mostly listen to podcasts anyway & the Bose in the Taycan is an improvement over the very mediocre Bose in my Macan.

OP
OP
jimithing

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What??
No HUD or Night Vision??

Alright, I tried to roast but its a good well thought out config.

PS: You should have removed the premium and performance package from this list and then you would be roasted on this forum :)

Now the toughest part...the agonizing wait !!!
EVERY option looks good to me. Hard to predict which ones you'll never use until after you have the car for a little while. You can now get the base of the B pillar in leather instead of that cheap plastic for the low, low price of $2900!

I live in the city so no point in night vision but man that looks cool. Was close on HUD but would've dropped the carbon mirrors & steering wheel to pay for it. My semi-final build was $184k and I somehow ended up at $188,700. Wasn't going over 190 under any circumstances.

I could've gotten it to $196k with just Ice Grey & Sport Design package. My dealer has a Turbo S at $227k. The options list is madness.

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You can now get the base of the B pillar in leather instead of that cheap plastic for the low, low price of $2900!
This is the one thing I regret not having when I was ordering. I even asked the dealer if this is coming soon but they had no idea.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
This is the one thing I regret not having when I was ordering. I even asked the dealer if this is coming soon but they had no idea.
Me too. I tried to add it but my build was locked. Damn!
Sponsored