xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
To carry my road bike with Taycan, I just installed Porsche Roof Rack on my Taycan, and with 2 Thule 598 Bike Rack Black on top. In order to reduce the noise on high speed, installed Thule vector (Model 8701, with 96.5cm wide). All looks good, I can notice the range is shorter after the installation because of increased air resistance. but overall, I'm very happy with it, it looks cool, and also very convient for cycling.

I can confirm Thule 598 and Vector are fully compatible with Porsche roof rack.

Porsche Taycan Roof Rack with Thule Bike Rack and Vector installed on Taycan sedan 1
Porsche Taycan Roof Rack with Thule Bike Rack and Vector installed on Taycan sedan 2
Porsche Taycan Roof Rack with Thule Bike Rack and Vector installed on Taycan sedan 3
Porsche Taycan Roof Rack with Thule Bike Rack and Vector installed on Taycan sedan 4

davids

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT MY22
Country flag
Equally like the colors and cool bike - Enjoy !!!

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you park your car in a garage with an automatic door, when you leave having put your bike on the roof (impressive!), put a safety rope across your garage door or place your garbage bins in front. A few years ago my neighbour drove home late at night after a day of heavy riding on his bike, forgot about the bike as he pulled into his garage, and not only destroyed his bike but damaged his car.

OP
OP
xqdong

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
If you park your car in a garage with an automatic door, when you leave having put your bike on the roof (impressive!), put a safety rope across your garage door or place your garbage bins in front. A few years ago my neighbour drove home late at night after a day of heavy riding on his bike, forgot about the bike as he pulled into his garage, and not only destroyed his bike but damaged his car.
Thanks for kind reminder! Will be cautious on it!

ssilverman21

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
To carry my road bike with Taycan, I just installed Porsche Roof Rack on my Taycan, and with 2 Thule 598 Bike Rack Black on top. In order to reduce the noise on high speed, installed Thule vector (Model 8701, with 96.5cm wide). All looks good, I can notice the range is shorter after the installation because of increased air resistance. but overall, I'm very happy with it, it looks cool, and also very convient for cycling.

I can confirm Thule 598 and Vector are fully compatible with Porsche roof rack.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
hi there - love your set up. I also just bought the Taycan roof rack, which arrived yesterday and i plan to buy the Thule ProRide XT to transport my road bike. My question for you is what exactly is that Thule "visor" on top of your Taycan? I tried looking up the Thule Vector, which you reference, but came up with nothing? Maybe a product that Thule discontinued?

OP
OP
xqdong

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
hi there - love your set up. I also just bought the Taycan roof rack, which arrived yesterday and i plan to buy the Thule ProRide XT to transport my road bike. My question for you is what exactly is that Thule "visor" on top of your Taycan? I tried looking up the Thule Vector, which you reference, but came up with nothing? Maybe a product that Thule discontinued?
Hi, the visor on the top is Thule TH8701, the width is 96.5cm, just fit taycan. This is very very useful to reduce the wind noise when you drive with rack on high speed road. Recommended.

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
The Thule bike carriers are compatible with the porsche roofbars?

OP
OP
xqdong

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
The Thule bike carriers are compatible with the porsche roofbars?
Yes, it's 100% compatible, I think the roofbar is OEM from thule, because it's looks exactly same, and even the rubber strip from thule could be installed on the roofbar very well.