f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
For the GTS, there is always the Porsche Design clock at a paltry £700... For an identical mechanism that has a nicer clockface.

I'm with you on the frustration with extended wait times, not least with no firm dates given. Just a "we expect this quarter in this year".

Dart board estimates.

Let's hope Russia doesn't cut off Germany's gas supply. Instant +6 month delivery extension (and price increase).
My frustration is knowing that people in the UK who ordered after I did have already had delivery. The dealer/allocation lottery :(
Sponsored

OP
OP

taycamit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 3 Series G20
Country flag
My order is for a Cross Turismo 4S and I was comparing to a Sport Turismo GTS so the big battery is standard.
Of the list you did here I have chosen:
torque vectoring
sports chrono - but with the compass, but just because it looks so much better, not available on a Sport Turismo. (one small reason I liked the ST less)
Matrix was the reason I considered the GTS but option still dropped from 4S sadly.
Race tex roof lining.

The extras I actually do want are just as much more expensive to add to a 4S as to a GTS and the cross turismo 21" wheels are by far the best looking wheels available on any Taycan to my eye.

Of the rest either not worth the extra money IMO (sound, painted mirrors, body kit, dark light strip)
Or I positively do not want, principally minimum amount of ubiquitous boring as hell black inside :)
Or incompatible with extras I definitely want, the 18 way seats can't be ventilated or have massage backs.

Frankly, the most annoying thing is that I placed my deposit 8 months ago and still have no build date.
I like the 21 inch CT exclusive wheels can get them in black as well with the 4S, what body colour have you gone for with the wheels?
The test drive we took at Guildford Porsche center was on Ice grey CT with CT exclusive wheels, they weren’t blacked out (obvious reasons) was a tester.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like the 21 inch CT exclusive wheels can get them in black as well with the 4S, what body colour have you gone for with the wheels?
The test drive we took at Guildford Porsche center was on Ice grey CT with CT exclusive wheels, they weren’t blacked out (obvious reasons) was a tester.
Green with volcano grey CT 21" wheels.

I have had monochrome cars for the last 17 years so wanted a colour one, most companies dodn't offer a colour I like for both exterior and interior.

OP
OP

taycamit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 3 Series G20
Country flag
Green with volcano grey CT 21" wheels.

I have had monochrome cars for the last 17 years so wanted a colour one, most companies dodn't offer a colour I like for both exterior and interior.
It may sound a dumb question now that you have already ordered a CT, what do think about the Plastic wheel arches? That is the only thing I can’t seems to make up my mind on otherwise to my eyes 21 inch CT wheels are one of the best looking on Taycan line up.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
My frustration is knowing that people in the UK who ordered after I did have already had delivery. The dealer/allocation lottery :(
I knew nothing about dealer allocation until asking in this forum. As a first time Porsche (and car!) buyer, I seemed to have lucked out with Porsche Leicester.

I later contacted Reading and Hatfield, both had roughly 6-8 month longer lead times.

It seems it does pay to phone/email around all Porsche dealerships and find out which has the sooner build slots as it really does differ. Granted it might mean a few hours time wasted getting to the dealer, but if saves a 6 month wait, it's time well spent.

My only gripe with Leicester is it's not in the most glamorous of surroundings - an ALDI grocery store is right next door and it's on a dreary industrial estate.

However, since it is nowhere near where I live, there are two plus points:

1. My first drive will be a good hour getting the car home, maximising my driver enjoyment on day 0 of ownership.
2. Reep - a local Leicester detailer who are a Porsche preferred supplier - will likely be doing my PPF and ceramic coating, which also saves time researching and driving it somewhere to get the work done.

I hope you get your car soon. We all love your posts and be great to get an update once you've taken delivery!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It may sound a dumb question now that you have already ordered a CT, what do think about the Plastic wheel arches? That is the only thing I can’t seems to make up my mind on otherwise to my eyes 21 inch CT wheels are one of the best looking on Taycan line up.
I hate the plastic wheelarches but will put up with them. It makes it look like the sort of vehicle I despise :)
I don't like "black with turned highlight" wheels, which makes most Taycan wheels look awful to me, mind you the external styling isn't that big a deal to me since I don't see it when I'm driving.

I chose painted wheels because the standard 21" CT wheels have the turned bright bits (though it doesn't look neanly so bad on a grey wheel as it does with black to my eye so I could live without paint) Both shiny and matt black don't look as good as grey to me. I chose to get the silver inserts volcano grey to match too. I also do not like the silver inserts on the CT at all.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems it does pay to phone/email around all Porsche dealerships and find out which has the sooner build slots as it really does differ. Granted it might mean a few hours time wasted getting to the dealer, but if saves a 6 month wait, it's time well spent.
I wish I had known this at the time, I went to my local dealer not realising or expecting it to make a difference.
Too late now. Though it does leave a nasty taste in my mouth about Porsche in the UK.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I wish I had known this at the time, I went to my local dealer not realising or expecting it to make a difference.
Too late now. Though it does leave a nasty taste in my mouth about Porsche in the UK.
Yes it's a bit underhand, especially as it's a 4S. I get the wait for the GTS, but you would have thought with the sheer demand, wait times would not be extended, and they would have a central means of allocating cars for each country.

At least we now know for next time and presumably this may also be true of other marques as well.

However, the wait will be worth it. I spent 30 mins driving a 4S CT back in Feb and was blown away by how good it was. I've been driving a lot of mountain roads these past 6 months and in fun cars to drive, but there is no comparison even on less-than-interesting English A and B roads.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes it's a bit underhand, especially as it's a 4S. I get the wait for the GTS, but you would have thought with the sheer demand, wait times would not be extended, and they would have a central means of allocating cars for each country.

At least we now know for next time and presumably this may also be true of other marques as well.

However, the wait will be worth it. I spent 30 mins driving a 4S CT back in Feb and was blown away by how good it was. I've been driving a lot of mountain roads these past 6 months and in fun cars to drive, but there is no comparison even on less-than-interesting English A and B roads.
It was a CT 4S which i drove and despite the GTS looking quite a bit nicer to my eyes I didn't want anything stiffer and didn't need any more power so stuck with what I had experience.
"know for next time" isn't relevant to me. The Taycan ticked my boxes and since I am an old bloke it will probably be my last car.

The wait is longest for the 4S Cross Turismo which is by far the most popular Taycan, apparently, not that I am surprised.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
My order is for a Cross Turismo 4S and I was comparing to a Sport Turismo GTS so the big battery is standard.
Of the list you did here I have chosen:
torque vectoring
sports chrono - but with the compass, but just because it looks so much better, not available on a Sport Turismo. (one small reason I liked the ST less)
Matrix was the reason I considered the GTS but option still dropped from 4S sadly.
Race tex roof lining.

The extras I actually do want are just as much more expensive to add to a 4S as to a GTS and the cross turismo 21" wheels are by far the best looking wheels available on any Taycan to my eye.

Of the rest either not worth the extra money IMO (sound, painted mirrors, body kit, dark light strip)
Or I positively do not want, principally minimum amount of ubiquitous boring as hell black inside :)
Or incompatible with extras I definitely want, the 18 way seats can't be ventilated or have massage backs.

Frankly, the most annoying thing is that I placed my deposit 8 months ago and still have no build date.
My build date was March and delivery April
Ordered on GTS launch day when I flipped it from Turbo
The new guess is May build and June delivery
Just a guess

Frank, I am intrigued by F1 eng and a rare photo of Sir Frank with Keke Rosberg NOT smoking!!
Who is the other chap.....!?
I used to live in Witney so I know you are in the Oxfordshire F1 triangle?

Agree sound, painted mirrors, body kit, dark light strip AND plenty of other bits not worth the money but nothing offends me!
I agree with you on Pan Roof! I only got it so I can fit a roof rack!
It is nice however and makes claustrophobic saloon rear much nicer.
Of course I havent been daft enough to put in privacy glass to make it darker again!

I like a black interior! Not dull or boring to me!
There is enough going on on the the 3 multi configurable screens. Its like a jet fighter!
I think a dark interior is soothing, calming, cocooning, relaxing.
Despite me going for Crayon outside I am giving the Crayon GTS pack or any interior expensive tarting up a WIDE berth.
To me it looks like decorating the immaculate minimalist interior with Christmas decorations from the 99p shop!
Ambient lighting - glow sticks!?
Bits of carbon, brightly painted bits, sparkly metallic bits - All costume jewelry!
I know some love it!
That is is what makes this Forum so rich and diverse!
And Fun

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like a black interior! Not dull or boring to me!
Probably because you are young.

I quite liked them when they first appeared in the 1960s and black has mainly been the sporty choice, or nowadays often the only thing on offer, for decades. That is why I am bored by it, almost no alternative in sporty cars for at least 30 years.

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
For the GTS, there is always the Porsche Design clock at a paltry £700... For an identical mechanism that has a nicer clockface.

I'm with you on the frustration with extended wait times, not least with no firm dates given. Just a "we expect this quarter in this year".

Dart board estimates.

Let's hope Russia doesn't cut off Germany's gas supply. Instant +6 month delivery extension (and price increase).
I'd hand my GTS back tomorrow to cut off Russia. No drama.

A car is just a car.