First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Been happening now for just over 24hrs.

I have access to all of my subscriptions in the PCM and can see them active. But over the last day I havent been able to access RTTM, Apple Radio or Internet Radio. THe LTE logo on the PCM is showing the two arrows with a line through them. Accessing LTE it shows as active, but nothing....

Have hard reset (2 fingers top right corner over the time), and have logged in and logged out of my profile just to be sure. Finally, I have cycled through several times the on/off exiting of the vehicle.

I can charge the car with the app, location services are operating etc...but still, nothing in the aforementioned areas. Took it to Porsche today and they said that they might be doing something with the network but this feels unique to that.

Anyone else seen this? Or better, have a suggestion as to why? I have a 2020 with all updates done except the seat rewiring recall.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Been happening now for just over 24hrs.

I have access to all of my subscriptions in the PCM and can see them active. But over the last day I havent been able to access RTTM, Apple Radio or Internet Radio. THe LTE logo on the PCM is showing the two arrows with a line through them. Accessing LTE it shows as active, but nothing....

Have hard reset (2 fingers top right corner over the time), and have logged in and logged out of my profile just to be sure. Finally, I have cycled through several times the on/off exiting of the vehicle.

I can charge the car with the app, location services are operating etc...but still, nothing in the aforementioned areas. Took it to Porsche today and they said that they might be doing something with the network but this feels unique to that.

Anyone else seen this? Or better, have a suggestion as to why? I have a 2020 with all updates done except the seat rewiring recall.
LTE service is shown as not connected which explains why your dependent services aren't working.

12v battery disconnect for < 5 mins will force a hard reboot and likely clear the issue.

OP
OP
Skilly

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
is this battery disconnect different from the Engineering reboot that hard resets the top and bottom screens?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
is this battery disconnect different from the Engineering reboot that hard resets the top and bottom screens?
Yes 100%.

Reboots all 12v systems.

Note that some memory settings may be lost and you may have to reprogram door window positions (all covered in the Porsche Good To Know App).

Don't disconnect for more than 5 mins so disconnect wait a minute or two and then reconnect.

If not comfortable doing this tell your dealer to do it.

Ll312

First Name
LL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, S7, Q8
Country flag
Same issue here (US). Tried to reset with two finger tap but no difference. I went into the car’s sim setting and I see bars for Verizon. There seems to be no connectivity with Porsche servers as I cannot use the Porsche app to precool or see charging status.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Same issue here (US). Tried to reset with two finger tap but no difference. I went into the car’s sim setting and I see bars for Verizon. There seems to be no connectivity with Porsche servers as I cannot use the Porsche app to precool or see charging status.
12v reset for you too then assuming you have good connectivity in general.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
today my Apple music+podcast was failing again (~100 times last 18 months).
started with "re-login needed" only when the car is not moving, which makes no sense at all, but then it was able to read meta data like playlist, but no stream at all.
I am really tired to open a ticket again, but I should...

OP
OP
Skilly

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Grateful there is a fix but...Porsche has to be kidding.

Customer: "I lost RTTM and some other goodies in the PCM"

Porsche: "oh, that..."

Customer: "what's the issue?"

Porsche: "well, we can book an appointment but if you do and need a car, those are 2 months out."

Customer: "oh, any other option?"

Porsche: *checks notes* "well you can unhook your battery and hard reset the bad code we made"

Customer: "this is a $150K car...really??"

Porsche: *checks notes again* "well, the good news is that we think we solved it with the 22 MY"

Customer: "thanks?..."
Sponsored