Rubber brake lever cover fell off, what now?

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
This rubber brake pedal cover fell off today. Anyone know how to securely fasten back on? So far I haven’t been able to get it back and hold.

Porsche Taycan Rubber brake lever cover fell off, what now? 50D0E3C8-D290-4B73-96CA-40C135736DDF

Porsche Taycan Rubber brake lever cover fell off, what now? 826C31D7-0A65-4F78-B5C9-97D063E84AE1

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
I had the same problem on my 4S and had the dealer fix it during my biannual maintenance.It seems to be holding up fine after the fix however i do not know what they did to remedy it

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
The rubber cover has to be refitted to the metal brake pedal plate by putting the top and one side first. Be sure the metal pedal plate is fitted in between the rubber pad and the overlapping flange on both top and side. Then work the other side and the bottom using an auto interior trim tool that has a 90 degree bend or close to it. If you have the wide trim tool, this works the best for the bottom and a smaller tool for the side. That's all there is to it, no glue no fancy tools.

If I had to guess, it was never properly installed at the factory. It is impossible for this to come off the metal plate cover under normal use.

Deleted member 6348

This is what the warranty is for. Take it to the dealer.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Arguably it's unsafe. So get it recovered by Porsche assistance, then they have to prioritise you in the queue and give you a loan/hire car.

Bit overkill, but....

#i'dglueitbackon

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Probably just take it back to the dealer. Weird angle and position to install in properly at home.

The pedal now looks like a stalk naked piece of plastic pedal. More slippery to the feat/shoe so not as safe and sturdy. Brake still works fine.

Hopefully it’s a quick fix…

Hope they have some RS cars in the showroom to make the trip even more worthwhile..

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No need to go to dealer. The part that fell off is essentially a sillicone/rubber cover for the actual brake pedal which is underneath.

It is a bit finicky but you can put it back on yourself. Start by hooking one corner on first, then try to run your finger under the lip to make sure it goes all the way around the actual pedal underneath. Took me a couple of tries but in the end I got it back on with a little elbow grease.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
This is basic. Nothing fancy, no tools. It slides up from the bottom. Slide the rubber pad up the pedal, make sure the side are in the channel, then make sure the bottom of the pedal seats into the groove in the rubber.

This should take you 1 minute. Or you can go to the dealer and spend quite a bit more time. It sounds like many on this board have a lot of time on their hands….

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
This is basic. Nothing fancy, no tools. It slides up from the bottom. Slide the rubber pad up the pedal, make sure the side are in the channel, then make sure the bottom of the pedal seats into the groove in the rubber.

This should take you 1 minute. Or you can go to the dealer and spend quite a bit more time. It sounds like many on this board have a lot of time on their hands….
Will try putting back on again.

Not much time on hand but the drive to the dealership is nice. Well, anytime driving this thing is pleasant, so don’t mind the trip.

Can easily continue work-related duties away at the dealership over coffee.

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I had the same problem on my 4S and had the dealer fix it during my biannual maintenance.It seems to be holding up fine after the fix however i do not know what they did to remedy it
You have your Taycan serviced twice a year?
Sponsored