Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Just picked her up tonight and will give my thorough thoughts after driving for about 2 weeks. But so far:

- Very pleasantly surprised by the acceleration overall for being the “slow” RWD
- These Taycan look so much better in person than photos/videos
- Coming from a Tesla, the interface is not at all intuitive, but I’m sure I’ll get use to it and learn to love it
- I did not opt Air suspension and was worried it would look like it was sitting too high…not at all a worry after picking up, sits just fine
-Damn this thing is smooth
-Hope you enjoy the video and happy to answer any questions:

dhannoun

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just picked her up tonight and will give my thorough thoughts after driving for about 2 weeks. But so far:

- Very pleasantly surprised by the acceleration overall for being the “slow” RWD
- These Taycan look so much better in person than photos/videos
- Coming from a Tesla, the interface is not at all intuitive, but I’m sure I’ll get use to it and learn to love it
- I did not opt Air suspension and was worried it would look like it was sitting too high…not at all a worry after picking up, sits just fine
-Damn this thing is smooth
-Hope you enjoy the video and happy to answer any questions:
Congrats!!! She’s a beauty!!

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Beautiful combo- you got the "MIssion E" spec. I'm probably too cheap to order those wheels when the time comes but damn they do look good! How's the ride quality (have heard mixed reports about ride quality of steel vs air suspension)?

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
all sold waiting for a Taycan!
Country flag
Beautiful combo- you got the "MIssion E" spec. I'm probably too cheap to order those wheels when the time comes but damn they do look good! How's the ride quality (have heard mixed reports about ride quality of steel vs air suspension)?
Also very interested to hear about the ride on springs Vs air

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
My RWD is springs with 20" aero wheels, and I came from the Model S with air suspension. The ride is definitely not as pillowy as the S, but I feel like maybe you need to feel the road a bit in order to get the engaging driving experience?

I also can't compare to the air suspension on the RWD, but overall the ride feels quite nice. I haven't really driven on rough roads too much but I can't say I'm unhappy with the springs.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congrats ?

I have the same spec 4S—including SportDesign side skirts. Enjoy it!

OP
OP
Taycan24

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
C
Also very interested to hear about the ride on springs Vs air
Cant give a comparison vs Air as I never test drove one. But compared to my previous 2013 Tesla P85+ It’s smoother. Although when I drove newer loaner Tesla’s I’d say it’s a similar ride quality.

Not disappointed in not checking the “air” box. I figured I only used the lowering/raising <25 times over the years in the Tesla, and it was mostly to put it into a “show” mode while parked or show friends/family the feature. And I just wasn’t as overly concerned with ride quality as I figured it would be an upgrade to what I had, and it def is. Major concern was if it would sit too high as I never found a picture of a RWD with Mission’s on Steel, but now it’s no concern luckily.

OP
OP
Taycan24

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats ?

I have the same spec 4S—including SportDesign side skirts. Enjoy it!
Man, those side skirts make such a pop with the lighter colors. For folks into the sporty appearance it’s a must check box

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks , ride quality was by biggest concern. I didn't check the box as I only had a few days to lock my build.

I regretted it later when it showed up on so many 'must have' lists here.

i feel better now! Thanks.

If only the car would complete build and get over there!!!

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Beautiful car. I am debating a Taycan base inventory car at a dealer that has no air suspension (and most of the options I would get; Premium Package and Larger battery) that I can get now vs ordering one with my exact build and waiting who knows how many months to get built and take delivery.

My concern is the wheel gap from the top of the tire to the fender well. Does anyone know how much space is there (looks to be a couple of inches) vs what the air suspension can take it down to. I just do not want it to look like it is sitting way too high.

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Beautiful car. I am debating a Taycan base inventory car at a dealer that has no air suspension (and most of the options I would get; Premium Package and Larger battery) that I can get now vs ordering one with my exact build and waiting who knows how many months to get built and take delivery.

My concern is the wheel gap from the top of the tire to the fender well. Does anyone know how much space is there (looks to be a couple of inches) vs what the air suspension can take it down to. I just do not want it to look like it is sitting way too high.
It's been discussed before on this forum somewhere, the conclusion was that when seen in person, the height it just fine.
Sponsored