Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have got the RWD without Sport Chrono so my options are Range, Normal and Sport.

I never use Range unless the car defaults to it.

But I was just wondering what exactly the differences are between Normal and Sport?

And do you get an actual performance improvement in sport, in that if you floored the throttle in both modes (not Launch Control) would performance be the same?
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Here you go (from a Porsche press release that predates the single motor variant):

• Normal:
    • The Taycan delivers its power output in a linear mode in this setting.
    • All four wheels are driven in efficiency mode.
    • The cooling air flaps only open when necessary, the rear spoiler is adjusted depending on the speed, and the chassis is lowered as required.
    • Climate control and adaptive cruise control operate without restriction; the air suspension offers full comfort.

• Sport:
    • The highest powertrain performance is delivered in the Sport and Sport Plus modes.
    • Driver requests are implemented dynamically.
    • The all-wheel drive changes to rear-biased distribution and is dynamically controlled.
    • The battery's cooling and heating strategy is designed for performance.
    • The cooling air flaps are thermally controlled depending on the required cooling capacity, while the rear spoiler control is speed-dependent.
    • The climate control regulates without restriction and the adaptive cruise control is more dynamic (including more powerful acceleration).
    • The air suspension lowers the Taycan by up to 22 millimetres (depending on speed), while the suspension, including rear axle steering, is adjusted to a sporty setup.
    • Cornering lights’ functionality is also more dynamic.

MrBeanPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Do you know if the RWD version has full power on launch mode without Sport Chrono option? Or is only available in Sport Plus mode thus requiring Sport Chrono?

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Do you know if the RWD version has full power on launch mode without Sport Chrono option? Or is only available in Sport Plus mode thus requiring Sport Chrono?
Launch Control is still available in Sport Mode without Sport Chrono option.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I have got the RWD without Sport Chrono so my options are Range, Normal and Sport.

I never use Range unless the car defaults to it.

But I was just wondering what exactly the differences are between Normal and Sport?

And do you get an actual performance improvement in sport, in that if you floored the throttle in both modes (not Launch Control) would performance be the same?
So, non-chrono cars don't have a sport plus drive mode, only sport plus chassis [for launch.]
Took a little discovery but this appears to be the case. I’m fine with that, especially on a turbo. I do wish individual mode was available, which it doesn’t appear to be on a non-chrono setup.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Here you go (from a Porsche press release that predates the single motor variant):

• Normal:
    • The Taycan delivers its power output in a linear mode in this setting.
    • All four wheels are driven in efficiency mode.
    • The cooling air flaps only open when necessary, the rear spoiler is adjusted depending on the speed, and the chassis is lowered as required.
    • Climate control and adaptive cruise control operate without restriction; the air suspension offers full comfort.

• Sport:
    • The highest powertrain performance is delivered in the Sport and Sport Plus modes.
    • Driver requests are implemented dynamically.
    • The all-wheel drive changes to rear-biased distribution and is dynamically controlled.
    • The battery's cooling and heating strategy is designed for performance.
    • The cooling air flaps are thermally controlled depending on the required cooling capacity, while the rear spoiler control is speed-dependent.
    • The climate control regulates without restriction and the adaptive cruise control is more dynamic (including more powerful acceleration).
    • The air suspension lowers the Taycan by up to 22 millimetres (depending on speed), while the suspension, including rear axle steering, is adjusted to a sporty setup.
    • Cornering lights’ functionality is also more dynamic.
That’s more that’s in the actual owners manual, which is curiously scarce on info.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Launch Control is still available in Sport Mode without Sport Chrono option.
But sport plus has to be selected on chassis first, correct? It would be nice when you position your feet for launch control that the car automatically acknowledge that and put it in the respective sportplus mode

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
But sport plus has to be selected on chassis first, correct? It would be nice when you position your feet for launch control that the car automatically acknowledge that and put it in the respective sportplus mode
My car is a RWD without Sport Chrono optioned.

It therefore does not have Sport Plus mode as an option.
But it still has the Launch Control option in sport mode.

Just floor both pedals in Sport Mode at a standstill.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
My car is a RWD without Sport Chrono optioned.

It therefore does not have Sport Plus mode as an option.
But it still has the Launch Control option in sport mode.

Just floor both pedals in Sport Mode at a standstill.
Gotcha so Sport Plus only exists with Sport Chrono.