Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
I think I know the answer but would appreciate any views. I ordered a 4S back when I was a teenager, with the expectation that I would be in the car by now. It looks like Q1 or Q2 2023 now but who knows.

My dealer has offered me a used RWD or a CT4 as an interim, low mileage and not silly premiums, the RWD is high spec and the CT4 fairly basic but nice. As I don’t expect to be in the car for too long which is going to be the better resale? I think the CT, but it’s retail was £94k while the RWD was £104k.
Sponsored

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Are you getting them both for the same price no matter what?

I'd also say Q1 is not really that far off. Do you have an existing car?

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Generally whatever is lower spec car will have better resale. Most options have little resale

OP
OP

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
Are you getting them both for the same price no matter what?

I'd also say Q1 is not really that far off. Do you have an existing car?
I had agreed to part with my car in August and given that a major service and tyres were due it was the sensible thing to do, I have a runabout Mini but it’s not ideal for my needs. I don’t think I’ll get the car Q1, based on most owners experiences I think Spring 23 is more realistic and that’s just too far off.

Both cars are a similar price, I fancy the loaded RWD but think the CT 4 may hold its value better.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had agreed to part with my car in August and given that a major service and tyres were due it was the sensible thing to do, I have a runabout Mini but it’s not ideal for my needs. I don’t think I’ll get the car Q1, based on most owners experiences I think Spring 23 is more realistic and that’s just too far off.

Both cars are a similar price, I fancy the loaded RWD but think the CT 4 may hold its value better.
Winter is coming - CT4 - All Wheel Drive + more practical + more desirable I'd expect

OP
OP

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
Winter is coming - CT4 - All Wheel Drive + more practical + more desirable I'd expect
I live on the south coast so winter isn’t really an issue, but I think you’re right on desirability. My ideal car is a sensibly specced 4S ST, if I jump into an interim car now I will probably push my order back if I can, the dealer has agreed to to accommodate this on the basis I’m paying overs on the used car.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The CT4 comes standard with the performance battery plus. I would want the extra capacity for the winter. Does the RWD have the PB+ battery?

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Can I ask why you are looking at paying overs at the moment as my quick nose around suggests there are good used options at nowhere near overs. Is it for a very nearly new car (ie sub 1000 miles?). Thanks

OP
OP

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
The RWD has PB+, in fact it has £33k of options. I know the CT4 comes with the battery and quite honestly I wouldn’t buy a car without PB+.
In answer to Mango, I’m looking at late low mileage cars and they’re fetching over, the CT4 is £5k over, though the RWD is under list (but the same price as the CT4). I’m not sure which is the better option from a resale point of view and as I won’t be in the car for more than 12 months it’s something to ponder. Head says CT4, heart says RWD.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Understood. If you don’t want to lose too much in your time of ownership and aren’t looking at any funky company led ownership structure then I would say your safest bet is to buy a car that is a little older / more miles but still comfortable in warranty. You can get more for your money that way and possible see less depreciation in your short ownership. If it’s between these two then I think CT4 will hold up better as there’s just fewer of them available. Nice choice to have.
Sponsored