Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I have never seen it.

I decided to look at the tech spec on the configurator when ticking the standard and plus battery option.

As most reports focus on standing start times (0-60 and 1/4 mile) and top speed, they always state that they both have the same performance due to the extra weight (80kg). Which is true.

But I am also interested in the 'rolling times' as looking to compare with my current M2 and was surprised to see different stats for some of the quoted figures. Points 4, 5 and 6 in the comparisons below are all different (PB+ is top pic).

Bottom line is that you do get a bit of 'real world' (80 - 120 most useful stat imo) performance increase as well as extra range.

Porsche Taycan RWD performance - 79.2kw v 93.4kw battery Screenshot_20210801-055956_Chrome

Porsche Taycan RWD performance - 79.2kw v 93.4kw battery Screenshot_20210801-055834_Chrome

Last edited:

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Numbers make no sense. Battery+ car is .5 faster to 99, but no faster in the 1/4? How does the small battery car close that gap? Impossible…

We need real world results. I suspect the battery+ car is much fast from a roll, without overboost especially.

Who has a draggy?

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Numbers make no sense. Battery+ car is .5 faster to 99, but no faster in the 1/4? How does the small battery car close that gap? Impossible…

We need real world results. I suspect the battery+ car is much fast from a roll, without overboost especially.

Who has a draggy?
Yes, strange that the PB+ is faster for
0-99moh (11.5s v 11s)
0-124mph (17.5s v 16.5s)

Yet the quarter mile is the same, which is in between these two
(13.7s)

That would suggest the PB+ starts off quicker to 90mph.... then looses ground and the PB catches up to 1/4 mile .....then speeds up again to 124mph and by then is a full second ahead.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just wanted to revisit this topic as I near the freeze date. My RWD is already pretty well optioned and at $110K. I 'd rather not add another $5K by adding the PB+, but also don't want to do something foolish by not including what over 70% here think is the most important option (per a poll I read)

For my purposes, I DO NOT go on long trips. It is very rare I will need to go over 200 miles on one charge.

I also saw one opinion that someone who drove the RWD without PB+ actually thought the car performed better since it was noticeably lighter and more playful.

So two questions:

1) Who has driven a RWD with and without PB+ and actually felt a noticeable performance difference (despite the stats saying they are essentially the same when going under 60mph)?

2) If I bought it today, do you think I would like recover at least 50% of the value of the PB+ if I sold the car 5 or so years from now?

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
1) Who has driven a RWD with and without PB+ and actually felt a noticeable performance difference (despite the stats saying they are essentially the same when going under 60mph)?
I drove both back to back, ordered the PB as my seat of the pants test identified no real difference in them and didn’t really need the extra range.
Having said that, after the 1st 1500 miles the range indicated is sat at a steady 260 miles @ 100% and the car delivers the indicated range.

Last edited:

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I drove both back to back, ordered the PB as my seat of the pants test identified no real difference in them and dint really need the extra range.
Having said that after the 1st 1500 miles the range indicated is sat at a steady 260 miles @ 100% and the car delivers the indicated range.
My dealer yesterday said that he has been receiving real world reports that PB+ drivers are getting 325 miles a charge when he encouraged it. That sounds higher than what I have seen on this forum.

tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
My dealer yesterday said that he has been receiving real world reports that PB+ drivers are getting 325 miles a charge when he encouraged it. That sounds higher than what I have seen on this forum.
Getting 325-335 miles on my RWD with PB+. And its blazingly fast!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
That's doable at my current rate. The range of my RWD PB+ has gradually been going up since delivery May 29th. 300 is feasible, 325....... eh MAYBE. Time will tell.

4S loaner with standard battery only getting 200-220 @ 100%. I've been driving it for 2 months.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
RWD standard battery 220-230 mi @ 80% SOC. Most driving just commuting and short trips.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
That's doable at my current rate. The range of my RWD PB+ has gradually been going up since delivery May 29th. 300 is feasible, 325....... eh MAYBE. Time will tell.

4S loaner with standard battery only getting 200-220 @ 100%. I've been driving it for 2 months.
I think your loaner has issues. I haven't heard any other 4S owner get that poor of range.

FMO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (MY21)
Country flag

Are you doing a lot of freeway driving? I drive mainly in a busy city (with weekends on a freeway/country roads) and since May and 2300 miles later at 100% I’m getting 230 miles with RWD PB+ … sounds poor no? other than the spec sheet how do I know they put the correct battery in? Is there any way of checking?!
Sponsored