Rwd taycan now has the model designation it should have been given by porsche 'THE TAYCAN S'

OP
OP

Nivek

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan rwd
Country flag
4 S because 4 wheels are driven by 2 electric motors.remove the front engine,becomes rwd,so remove the 4,giving you a 'S' designation.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
4 S because 4 wheels are driven by 2 electric motors.remove the front engine,becomes rwd,so remove the 4,giving you a 'S' designation.
Typically with Porsche the "S" version is a more powerful RWD version. If they ever offer that in the Taycan it would sit between the base RWD and 4S. Maybe it'd have the rear motor from the taycan turbo or something.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's not how it works ?

Porsche may eventually release a real Taycan S [RWD] model, which is a sportier version of the standard Taycan; pushing more power to the rear wheels. Similar to the Macan vs. Macan S, or Carrera vs. Carrera S.

OP
OP

Nivek

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan rwd
Country flag
That's not how it works ?

Porsche may eventually release a real Taycan S [RWD] model, which is a sportier version of the standard Taycan; pushing more power to the rear wheels. Similar to the Macan vs. Macan S, or Carrera vs. Carrera S.
Ordered taycan script for the flanks on my taycan,got wrongly sent taycan 4 S ones,full refund,and didnt have to return them!! So had a little play with the ones i got.rightly or wrongly,quite like it.Im from the uk,many years ago my dad had a ford cortina 2.0 S ,basically a lower spec model with extra trim/sporty bits,but no extra power,he loved that bright red car,bit of a nostalgic nod to him i suppose ?

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered taycan script for the flanks on my taycan,got wrongly sent taycan 4 S ones,full refund,and didnt have to return them!! So had a little play with the ones i got.rightly or wrongly,quite like it.Im from the uk,many years ago my dad had a ford cortina 2.0 S ,basically a lower spec model with extra trim/sporty bits,but no extra power,he loved that bright red car,bit of a nostalgic nod to him i suppose ?
OK - if you say so. Enjoy your Nacyat S, Nivek.

• Haha
Reactions: Dee
OP
OP

Nivek

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan rwd
Country flag
Have removed the 'S' ..plain old taycan now,and i love it!! Wish i could afford a better than poverty base spec,but its still the best car i have ever owned,and ive had a few,thanks for the honest replies ?

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Have removed the 'S' ..plain old taycan now,and i love it!! Wish i could afford a better than poverty base spec,but its still the best car i have ever owned,and ive had a few,thanks for the honest replies ?
Do what you like, it’s your car, certainly don’t pander to others views on anything.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Anyone who has a Taycan of any spec is entitled to be proud of his/her ride. What you call the "base Taycan" could also be called the "essential Taycan".

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I'll say this one time, the Taycan needs to be named the "Toucan". I am so sick and tired of trying to remember the correct pronunciation ("ty-khan" or something like that) of a made up name with some BS meaning ("spirit of a young [pretentious] horse") -- give me a break. I used to tell people it was a "porsh tā-can" when asked. Now I just tell them it is a Toucan and that the word "taycan" is actually german for "toucan." People all seem to believe it and also like that Porsche named a car after the bird, and why not, toucans are very attractive, pleasant creatures. So in my humble opinion, you are fine if you want to put an "S" on your RWD car, just make sure that the S comes after the word "Toucan"!