First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
EQS is narrower by .3in, 6in longer, a foot taller,
Hadn’t realised it was that much taller, its drag will be disappointing then despite its good Cd.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Was it the AMG version you drove? Was it the AR or regular HUD?

The non-AMG EQS is definitely geared towards a comfortable road cruiser. I never drove the AMG, but was told it has a lot sportier handling. Of course Taycan wins as the best car for me, but if I was still waiting for a Taycan today, EQS AMG would be one of the top contenders.
It was not the AMG version but a EQS 580 4matic etc. I know there is the AMG 53 and that was said to be more sporty etc.
And it had a lot of spec with AR etc. Quite good to use, but with the same flaw as Taycan when it came to the basic map data. It does not help with AR when it takes you down a very narrow lane that the is completely blocked by stairs??🤣. Or has the incorrect speed data base.

I wanted to hire one for a long weekend to take on a longer trip to experience real world consumption and charging speeds etc. But that was a no go. So drop it all and no regrets at all!

To me it is more of a limousine and I join @f1eng, in not being a chauffeur, but enjoy the driving experience. Self Driving cars is nothing that excites me either.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
mini vs mini etc.
Interesting you say that.

When I parked in a public garage there was an original Mini Cooper S beside a new Mini Countryman or something like that. The original even had the British ensign painted on the roof!!

The size difference was enormous. How we could get around in the original and how well that did in rally is amazing!

One original Cooper S would be high on my wish list for a classic car!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The size difference was enormous. How we could get around in the original and how well that did in rally is amazing!
When I worked with some BMW people in F1 I asked them “did anybody tell you that mini means small in English?” most were amused.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Interesting you say that.

When I parked in a public garage there was an original Mini Cooper S beside a new Mini Countryman or something like that. The original even had the British ensign painted on the roof!!

One original Cooper S would be high on my wish list for a classic car!
Growing up my parents had a Fiat 126 (stock photo from internet below)
Porsche Taycan Sad time to say goodbye to the forum 1683979909049

Our record was 4 adults, 4 kids, a dog, some beach equipment including a cooler and blow up canoe with an aluminum paddle (all that on the roof rack, with the paddle sticking out front and back). It would run out of power driving up steep hills, so some of us had to get out and walk, then get back in the car at the top of the hill, but heck, we made it to the beach and back. We also did thousands of km's around Europe with 2 adults and 3 kids inside with some luggage on the roof. IIRC it could even tow a trailer, which was actually bigger than the car (and also, not up very steep hills when the trailer was full). The max speed (no trailer, empty roof rack, only 3 people inside) we ever drove it was 116km/h IIRC, pedal-to-the-metal downhill with a tail-wind. Fun fact, it was a rear engine car.

Today, my family says a Model S is too tight on the back for long trips. Times have definitely changed.

Last edited:

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I am in England.
Neither most of the roads where I live nor any of the parking spaces are suitable for a Taycan, never mind the EQS.

I seriously considered not buying the Taycan because of its size, and it is the only thing that is crap about it, and does give me second thoughts. After nearly 6 months enjoying driving it I still HATE its size. It is ridiculously big.

What I meant was having a bigger car because it has a more luxurious rear cabin is stupid (for me) I am not a chauffeur.
Sounds like you'll be in line for the EV Cayman/Boxter in a couple years. I might be as well, if I can figure out how to pack my work luggage in it.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sounds like you'll be in line for the EV Cayman/Boxter in a couple years. I might be as well, if I can figure out how to pack my work luggage in it.
Doubt it as he needs the wagon trunk. Dogs? Groceries? Can't remember.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TBH for me a sports car needs a NA engine, 3 pedals and a 6-speed box!

My 1991 500E is big enough for a fast 4 seat car so I can take grandchildren when I want. I was looking to effectively replace it with a quiet, comfortable, good handling, fast estate car as my every day car. The Taycan is perfect in every way but width. I can live with the length and weight but it is too wide for most fun UK roads, unfortunately.

I am ambiguous about an EV 2 seater still, not sure I want a quiet sportscar and I dislike faux sounds.

Chris4SCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 4S CT, Range Rover Evoque, VW Mk 2 Golf
Country flag
Hey all, as some may already of seen from a couple of my posts today, I have decided to cancel my Taycan order. Although my delivery date was a little time away, Oct23, I’m not really prepared to accept delays of 5 months which I’m sure has high potential to delay even further. In addition was told of price increase and no guarantees that the options selected will be available in 2024.

Anyways, thought I would thank you all for a short but enjoyable time on this forum, but most importantly wish you all enjoyment of ownership and hope that those waiting, that it comes soon.

Now off to try and find another EV, there won’t be a competitor to the Taycan so back to the drawing board……oh and def won’t be another Tesla, done nearly 3 years with the ‘frugly’ brand and that’s enough for me😉
I agree but if you have only ordered base model with very little extras your order goes to the back of the line!
I got mine in 10 months from order to delivery , I did have a load of extras on it

OP
OP
Hanny

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
I agree but if you have only ordered base model with very little extras your order goes to the back of the line!
I got mine in 10 months from order to delivery , I did have a load of extras on it
Lol this is an old post and have switched back as I couldn’t find an alternative- FYI my order is pretty much loaded with current extras amounting to £35k on top of 4S CT. Wanted to go into Turbo/Turbo S but my options list would push the cost too high for something that I will be looking to replace after 3yrs. But thanks for your comments

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
This sounds like something a dealer would say to get you to load up on options 🤣

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Lol this is an old post and have switched back as I couldn’t find an alternative- FYI my order is pretty much loaded with current extras amounting to £35k on top of 4S CT. Wanted to go into Turbo/Turbo S but my options list would push the cost too high for something that I will be looking to replace after 3yrs. But thanks for your comments
When is the new one supposed to arrive? It might be somewhere in this thread but I didn’t read it.

OP
OP
Hanny

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
It was brought forward from the their delay date Feb 24 so now looking at Oct/Nov 23 from initial order of July 22
Sponsored