Canadian Taycans - general discussion.

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
My VIN has just been registered to My Porsche account. Checked with my SA, that only indicates the car is near, not quit present in the dealership. ARGH! Not looking good for a weekend delivery for me.

@Terra ??
Yes same here with VIN. A was assuming they are playing around with it.
Sponsored

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Terra and @Chowster - Mine was finally released from Halifax last week and is apparently west of Montreal heading to Vancouver. My delivery date was updated from Aug 28 to Sept 11. Based on your previous posts, looks like yours were released the week of Aug 10 from Halifax ... so assuming you take delivery this week, that's 3 weeks of travel to cross Canada. Sounds like my expected delivery of Sept 11 may be correct.

I look forward to seeing your delivery pictures!

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
I think your estimates are accurate. Mine arrived in Montreal last Friday (28th). Pick up scheduled for Wednesday (September 2nd).
Can't wait....
Still a couple of KM to go for you guys, but soon the wait will be over, and fun will begin!!

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
@Terra and @Chowster - Mine was finally released from Halifax last week and is apparently west of Montreal heading to Vancouver. My delivery date was updated from Aug 28 to Sept 11. Based on your previous posts, looks like yours were released the week of Aug 10 from Halifax ... so assuming you take delivery this week, that's 3 weeks of travel to cross Canada. Sounds like my expected delivery of Sept 11 may be correct.

I look forward to seeing your delivery pictures!
Good news @moballa ! Should be 3+ weeks once released from Halifax. Still have to factor the time for unloading the rail cars in Annacis Island, and trucking it to Vancouver. Of course, we would drive it from the train right onto the truck, but I suspect that's now how it works!

@Terra - no news yet. I fully expect it to arrive at the dealership this week, but I'm slammed at work this week, and then I'm away for the long weekend. So the next potential free day in my schedule for delivery is Wednesday Sep 7. Oh well, such is the life of waiting for a Porsche. I dare not complain to any of my friends! Looks like you may be taking delivery ahead of me.

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
@Terra - I'm confirmed for arrival at the dealership this Friday Sep 4th, and then there's a lineup for PDI and prep. So my delivery will be next week, either Wednesday Sep 9th or Saturday Sep 12th.

So close...

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
@Terra - I'm confirmed for arrival at the dealership this Friday Sep 4th, and then there's a lineup for PDI and prep. So my delivery will be next week, either Wednesday Sep 9th or Saturday Sep 12th.

So close...
Nice.. Yes I followed up earlier and just said it was expected anyday now from annals island. So probably Friday as well. Hopefully a Saturday delivery then for me:)

So Close is right...

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Nice.. Yes I followed up earlier and just said it was expected anyday now from annals island. So probably Friday as well. Hopefully a Saturday delivery then for me:)

So Close is right...
I'll cross my fingers for you for a Saturday delivery, but my SA seemed to indicate that there may be a wait to complete the PDI.

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
Are you guys drilling your front bump for BC license plate?
Not sure what the procedure is for this. I don’t want any holes in anything that aren’t from the factory. I’ll find out tomorrow

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Not sure what the procedure is for this. I don’t want any holes in anything that aren’t from the factory. I’ll find out tomorrow
Are you taking delivery tomorrow??? Or just popping in?

I believe the cars come from the factory WITHOUT the front plate mounted on, and the bracket is drilled into the front bumper as part of the PDI preparations. I will be having it mounted, as I don't like being out of compliance and give cause for Surrey RCMP to pull me (or more importantly, my wife) over just for fun. I don't mind having the front plate on all my cars - it doesn't bother me.

However, @Terra if you do NOT want it mounted, give your SA plenty of notice so they ensure that the the techs follow your request. Many supercars go without around town. Some use a vinyl sticker replica stuck on. Others use a mount that screws into the tow-hook placement.

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
Are you taking delivery tomorrow??? Or just popping in?

I believe the cars come from the factory WITHOUT the front plate mounted on, and the bracket is drilled into the front bumper as part of the PDI preparations. I will be having it mounted, as I don't like being out of compliance and give cause for Surrey RCMP to pull me (or more importantly, my wife) over just for fun. I don't mind having the front plate on all my cars - it doesn't bother me.

However, @Terra if you do NOT want it mounted, give your SA plenty of notice so they ensure that the the techs follow your request. Many supercars go without around town. Some use a vinyl sticker replica stuck on. Others use a mount that screws into the tow-hook placement.
Yes, I’m taking delivery tomorrow . PDI was completed today so if that’s the procedure then I’m ok with it. Likewise a front plate doesn’t bother me either rather the real thing than a sticker. I do have a set clear side markers I am going to have them swap out for me while completing the paperwork though. What color was your again? I’ll keep my eye out for it.
Sponsored