First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag
New here so thanks for having me!

I’ve just ordered Taycan 4S with Octopus Electric Cars (OEV) via my employers salary sacrifice scheme.

I’m hoping for a 4S in gentian blue, beige leather with the 21 inch RS spyder alloys.

Its a good deal mainly due to tax breaks of the salary sacrifice scheme which reduces monthly payments by about 50% (fluctuating depending on income) but also because I do not need to pay a deposit and the inclusion of insurance, servicing, tax, home charger and damage cover.

All great but OEV have said it’s a 2 year wait - this feels completely out of line with other sources?

Does anyone else on here have experience of using salary sacrifice schemes, are you experiencing similar lead times? OEV have also said I can’t speak directly with the dealer and all comms should be with them.

Any help or similar experiences greatly received!
Sponsored

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
there's a few of us on this thread who are on sal sac through Zenith or Lex autolease direct.

the wait times seem to be around ~18 months for lease orders. I ordered in October 2022 and been told to expect delivery Feb/March 2024.

Which dealer has your order been placed with? a lot of the lease orders seem to go to Prosche (at least for the Zenith and Lex orders I've seen). If Cambridge had a majority of the lease orders, you could envisage that adding to the backlog!

I'm 3 months in on my wait and reading this forum regularly doesn't help ease the anticipation!

I've just had a look on the Lex wait times page and its showing March 2024 dates

Porsche Taycan Salary Sacrifice Schemes Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 21.40.39

Last edited:

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
I ordered my GTS late Feb last year via a salary sacrifice scheme (Tusker). My car is now in the country and I should be collecting in 2 weeks.

I’ve seen others say you wait longer for an allocation on a SS scheme but maybe I just got lucky 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
I was with Zenith and ordered my RWD ST in June 22 and pick it up next week.

my experience is the SS firms don’t know how long it takes, the real info comes from your dealer /SA.

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
I ordered my GTS late Feb last year via a salary sacrifice scheme (Tusker). My car is now in the country and I should be collecting in 2 weeks.

I’ve seen others say you wait longer for an allocation on a SS scheme but maybe I just got lucky 🤷🏻‍♂️
which dealer was that through?

OP
OP
Chris_S

Chris_S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag
there's a few of us on this thread who are on sal sac through Zenith or Lex autolease direct.

the wait times seem to be around ~18 months for lease orders. I ordered in October 2022 and been told to expect delivery Feb/March 2024.

Which dealer has your order been placed with? a lot of the lease orders seem to go to Prosche (at least for the Zenith and Lex orders I've seen). If Cambridge had a majority of the lease orders, you could envisage that adding to the backlog!

I'm 3 months in on my wait and reading this forum regularly doesn't help ease the anticipation!

I've just had a look on the Lex wait times page and its showing March 2024 dates

Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 21.40.39.png
Thanks, mine is coming from Porsche Centre Wilmslow, no idea if thats good or bad!

I only ordered it last week but already feels like getting updates is painful - I get the feeling it’s going to be a long ride!

I hope it’s worth the wait.

OP
OP
Chris_S

Chris_S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag
If it’s Tusker it’ll be Porsche Exeter unless they’ve changed suppliers.
I see yours has been delivered, nice spec!

What were your timeframes and can you remember how long it took from deposit to allocation?

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
I see yours has been delivered, nice spec!

What were your timeframes and can you remember how long it took from deposit to allocation?
Hiya,

I still think I was remarkably fortunate. I ordered mine in May 2021 and it arrived at the end of October that year. It has been suggested that if you really spec them up, they may be prioritised. I can’t speak to that with any authority but mine certainly did arrive quickly in comparison to some colleagues who didn’t lose their head on the configurator the way i did!

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
with Porsche Cambridge?
No, I'm collecting my car from Colchester, but again, the process is managed by Porsche's UK corporate team. Colchester haven't really had anything to do with the order

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
I'm going to have a play at getting a UK lease tracker together (similar to this) if people find it useful... if only to help pass the 14 odd months wait I still have :rolleyes:

will post a link when I have something

OP
OP
Chris_S

Chris_S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm going to have a play at getting a UK lease tracker together (similar to this) if people find it useful... if only to help pass the 14 odd months wait I still have :rolleyes:

will post a link when I have something
Great idea - would be interesting to see!

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (Ordered Nov 21, expect May 23)
Country flag
I recently transferred my personal purchase of a Taycan to my company scheme with Tusker, having been on the waiting list since Nov 21. The complication arose when Tusker deal only with fleet sales, which meant that my dealer had to be willing to transfer to fleet sales and that the dealership already had an arrangement. Luckily the dealership (Bolton, UK) is owner by Stratstone, which is again owned by Pendragon PLC, with whom Tusker deal with. Took a bit of digging with Tusker but got there.
Sponsored