daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
with a 29% buffer yeah that should be an easy gig - just make sure you leave SLO topped off…cause once you turn north next charging stop is Monterey

there are L2 chargers in cambria and some in the big sur area - but that route lacks EV infrastructure unless you're staying at selected hotels along the way.

there is a Tesla Supercharger in Big Sur - but alas we don't have access to TS yet :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
@daveo4EV can you tell me how to get an address from ABRP?

One showing in Countryside Market (Shell - EA) and one in Walmart Santa Clarita?

When I go to PlugShare I cannot find these specific locations....

I feel I am doing something wrong.

I want to plug the address into iCal then tell Siri to take me there on the way home.

Thanks!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
NOTE: I trust the porsche nav for battery estimate +/- 5% - so once in SLO and topped off - I'd "force" a hwy 1 route in the Porsche NAV - SLO -> Morro -> Cabria -> San Simeon -> etc.... -> Morro

let it sit and think - and then see what the Porsche NAV says for remaining battery in Montery...

if it's good - take the trip
if it's not good - make some adjustment to stick to 101 and maybe cut over on 46 after a 10 min stop in Paso to get some more juice and then head north...

ABRP pretty good - but I consider the Porsche NAV the final word and since July 2020 I've found it very very accurate +/- 5% (example I've taken trips where it said I'd land with 7% at a charger - and yeah I showed up with 4% but I made it - with that thin of a margin believe me I stuck the speed limit and a bit slower just ot make sure)

if Porsche NAV says you'll land with 20% - you're good to go if you trust the charger you're landing at.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@daveo4EV can you tell me how to get an address from ABRP?

One showing in Countryside Market (Shell - EA) and one in Walmart Santa Clarita?

When I go to PlugShare I cannot find these specific locations....

I feel I am doing something wrong.

I want to plug the address into iCal then tell Siri to take me there on the way home.

Thanks!
no I don't know - I tend to find the charger locations from ABRp in google/app maps once ABRP has identified the general area…combination of plug-share and apple/google maps will tease out an address for navigation way points.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
NOTE: I trust the porsche nav for battery estimate +/- 5% - so once in SLO and topped off - I'd "force" a hwy 1 route in the Porsche NAV - SLO -> Morro -> Cabria -> San Simeon -> etc.... -> Morro

let it sit and think - and then see what the Porsche NAV says for remaining battery in Montery...

if it's good - take the trip
if it's not good - make some adjustment to stick to 101 and maybe cut over on 46 after a 10 min stop in Paso to get some more juice and then head north...

ABRP pretty good - but I consider the Porsche NAV the final word and since July 2020 I've found it very very accurate +/- 5% (example I've taken trips where it said I'd land with 7% at a charger - and yeah I showed up with 4% but I made it - with that thin of a margin believe me I stuck the speed limit and a bit slower just ot make sure)

if Porsche NAV says you'll land with 20% - you're good to go if you trust the charger you're landing at.
so literally "Hey Porsche take me to...." or is there a phone app for Porsche you refer to?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what city is teh Countryside Market Shell EA?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
so literally "Hey Porsche take me to...." or is there a phone app for Porsche you refer to?
no I manually enter navigation way points into the Porsche nav - normaly while stationary and use the keyboard - I force the route if it picks the wrong path by adding way points along the way - and then once the route in entered into Porsche nav - I let it "cook" and estimate battery at the destination...

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
I drove up from LA to SFBA a week back along the 1. Charged to 95% at the Pismo beach EA station and made it to Monterey with 30% left or so? Did not use range mode, drove way past the speed limit, and my car is literally the least efficient version (CT Turbo S with the 21" wheels and electric charging port). You'll be fine! All of the plug & charge stations worked first try.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what city is teh Countryside Market Shell EA?
This is why I think I am doing something wrong. ABRP doesnt give me the address for Countryside Market. I am on a laptop. Is there a phone app that would be better?

Porsche Taycan San Diego to Monterey 8/7-9 Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 11.51.17 AM

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I drove up from LA to SFBA a week back along the 1. Charged to 95% at the Pismo beach EA station and made it to Monterey with 30% left or so? Did not use range mode, drove way past the speed limit, and my car is literally the least efficient version (CT Turbo S with the 21" wheels and electric charging port). You'll be fine! All of the plug & charge stations worked first try.
I find this very very very plausible - so if you top off in Pismo or SLO you should be good to go.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is why I think I am doing something wrong. ABRP doesnt give me the address for Countryside Market. I am on a laptop. Is there a phone app that would be better?

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 11.51.17 AM.png
show me the map route - that will get us the general area - if it's routing you to Santa Claritia I think it's taking you from Paso to I-5 and not 101 - I mean it will work - but that's not the nice drive.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
show me the map route - that will get us the general area - if it's routing you to Santa Claritia I think it's taking you from Paso to I-5 and not 101 - I mean it will work - but that's not the nice drive.
Here is the route. Yes it is more I-5 but I thought on the way home we would take the fastest route. I think however it says 101 would be +9 minutes? And if so that's kinda a no-brainer for purposes of maximum value. Would you please take a look?

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=38fa00ff-ac90-4bf4-b8e5-bc1ec32c1942

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it's taking you here:

9741 S Enos Ln
Bakersfield, CA 93311
United States

I found the address by comparing locations visually from the ABRP map - and then just pinching and zooming the corresponding area in AppleMaps

there is an EA charger there...

9741 S Enos Ln
Bakersfield, CA 93311
United States

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
here is the plug-share link

EA Shell Bakersfield
9741 South Enos Lane, Bakersfield, California, 93311, US

https://www.plugshare.com/location/209455

not a great reliablity rating - but recent checkins all seem to report it functional.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it's taking you here:

9741 S Enos Ln
Bakersfield, CA 93311
United States

I found the address by comparing locations visually from the ABRP map - and then just pinching and zooming the corresponding area in AppleMaps

there is an EA charger there...

9741 S Enos Ln
Bakersfield, CA 93311
United States
ew! Bakersfield?!
Sponsored