Satellite view on nav - resets?

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
My21 nav bug…? Ever since I got it in April of 21, any time I change the nav view to “satellite” vs. normal (day/night) view modes on the dashboard, it will ALWAYS resets itself to normal mode instead of satellite view after a vehicle on/off or two… i.e. get back in the car after a day at the office or running into the grocery store… 50/50 chance it’s defaulted back to normal (non-satellite) map view instead of satellite. If it doesn’t happen then… it will surely reset itself over night before getting in the next morning.

I noticed this when I first got the car so I ended up just setting the view to “normal”. Earlier this week though, I was messing around with some settings and turned the satellite view back on and realized how much I loved it… Especially in extended view on the wraparound screen in the dashboard! Sure enough though… it has been 3 days since I turned it back on… and 3-4 times i have had to go back into the settings and change back to satellite view. The setting “unchecks” itself.

I notice it primarily on the driver dashboard screen… Not so much in the center counsel but I will keep track of that as well - I just turned that back to satellite view as well (but rarely have navigation on that screen… Typically SiriusXM / media showing… so hard to say).

Anyone else experiencing this? My car is fully up to date with all major and minor software updates. Thanks!!
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
My21 nav bug…? Ever since I got it in April of 21, any time I change the nav view to “satellite” vs. normal (day/night) view modes on the dashboard, it will ALWAYS resets itself to normal mode instead of satellite view after a vehicle on/off or two… i.e. get back in the car after a day at the office or running into the grocery store… 50/50 chance it’s defaulted back to normal (non-satellite) map view instead of satellite. If it doesn’t happen then… it will surely reset itself over night before getting in the next morning.

I noticed this when I first got the car so I ended up just setting the view to “normal”. Earlier this week though, I was messing around with some settings and turned the satellite view back on and realized how much I loved it… Especially in extended view on the wraparound screen in the dashboard! Sure enough though… it has been 3 days since I turned it back on… and 3-4 times i have had to go back into the settings and change back to satellite view. The setting “unchecks” itself.

I notice it primarily on the driver dashboard screen… Not so much in the center counsel but I will keep track of that as well - I just turned that back to satellite view as well (but rarely have navigation on that screen… Typically SiriusXM / media showing… so hard to say).

Anyone else experiencing this? My car is fully up to date with all major and minor software updates. Thanks!!
it is a bug but it isn't a new one. it is an annoying one

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I just noticed my option to have satellite view is missing on both the PCM main/passenger screen and the map tube view on the dash. Only the 3D map and range options are there. Satellite has disappeared, which was a great feature. Anyone else? I hope this isn’t another Google thing.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I just noticed my option to have satellite view is missing on both the PCM main/passenger screen and the map tube view on the dash. Only the 3D map and range options are there. Satellite has disappeared, which was a great feature. Anyone else? I hope this isn’t another Google thing.
Never mind. After letting the car sit for 90 minutes it’s back. Weird.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
I have this now also..
Sponsored