Saw many Taycans on my recent visit to the UK !?

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Okay Taycan world I now know where 160,000 of the total 175,000 + Taycan's sold in the world are located. In the UK....specificity London. I live in Southern New Jersey and seeing a Taycan is like seeing a dinosaur and I like it that way. You don't feel like you are driving a Model 3 which is every other car.

In London I was amazed how many Taycan's I saw street after street during my visit. I really enjoyed walking the streets and stopping to check out every Taycan I found. I drove my wife crazy but I had a great time.

What is going on with this car in the UK?

To my UK Taycan friends.....Cheers!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Okay Taycan world I now know where 160,000 of the total 175,000 + Taycan's sold in the world are located. In the UK....specificity London. I live in Southern New Jersey and seeing a Taycan is like seeing a dinosaur and I like it that way. You don't feel like you are driving a Model 3 which is every other car.
In London I was amazed how many Taycan's I saw street after street during my visit. I really enjoyed walking the streets and stopping to check out every Taycan I found. I drove my wife crazy but I had a great time.

Huge EV tax incentives if run as a company car will explain most of it and the rest because it's a Porsche.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
And additional incentives to use low emissions vehicles in London coupled with higher earning means even more concentrated in London. It’s not quite the same everywhere in the UK!

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Tax incentives + no congestion charging + London is an incredibly wealthy city.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
All of the above + population density is enormous vs. the expanse of the USA + absolutely no other choice in that class of vehicle... Unless you want a tedious Audi.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag

There are streets in and around Marylebone in central London (a very high concentration of the country’s top private medical practitioners and private hospital) - where there is literally a dozen or more at any one time. One day I counted more Taycan than Tesla.

Prime central London btw is not anything like the rest of the UK it exists as a special bubble.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's likely the corporate tax benefits and the London Congestion Charge (sp?) make owning an EV a logical choice.

So if cash isn't tight, get the best EV money can buy.
And I dont think anyone gets particularly excited about owning a Tesla?

And although the rest of the UK is different, they are also very popular in Wilmslow / Alderley Edge where I live.
I was driving through last week and saw 5 in a couple of minutes.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I commute into London in mine and would very unscientifically say that the Taycan and Range Rover are most common vehicles on the road. I probably don't register much else to be honest, but definitely see 10-20 each way every day (including those parked in Marylebone as noted above!).

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
There is quite a few in Stockholm as well. Feels like every time I go out I see at least one and I rarely will drive very far in town as it's just boring doing 30 km/h then spending ages trying to find somewhere to park.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have only seen a Taycan 3 or 4 times on the road around here since I ordered mine 18 months ago.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
There is quite a few in Stockholm as well. Feels like every time I go out I see at least one and I rarely will drive very far in town as it's just boring doing 30 km/h then spending ages trying to find somewhere to park.
When I lived in London I didn’t bother to have a car, boring and inconvenient in SW7

Rab88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
There's been 100,000 produced so far. About 10% of those are in the UK.
Sponsored