Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I know I am a broken record. But I love the comfort features of the EQS, as well as the claimed range! Awesome! I hope Porsche takes the range from this and adds to the Plaid speed and keeps its own drivability :)
However, if I am honest, the EQS looks like a Buick. If I was pushing 80-85yrs of age and heading to the country club to play golf, I might like it. However, I am still producing testosterone and just can't see myself ever buying something like that. Hate if you want, but the only Mercedes I like is the G-Wagon and the F1 car. But I thought that CarWow video was hilarious! The Hydro-Electric power when he poured it into, what looked like a laundry soap bin....I still don't know where that water went or what that lever was for! I am still laughing!
Now, for the Plaid and the article of the fire! aaaah, NO THANKS! My god does that scare me! Forget being upset about pushing back delivery dates.....you burn down and almost can't get out of your car! I don't even want to hate in this post, I sincerely just hope all future owners of Plaid's are actually safe! No life is worth losing, to be a part of a cult. Stay safe out there!
when i was young (and even till recently) i was never looking to Mercedes… i was always saying: MB is for old, managers, golfers….. now, even if i don’t play golf, i became old, being a manager for more two decades….so it looks that i was right (when i was young):blush:

@Mr.Smith Taycan exteriror looks much (much) better then EQS, but when driving, we are inside:like:
Sponsored

JustLooking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Huracan, M2, R1 (+ Emira, CyberTruck)
Country flag
EQS63 is the one that looks more appealing, supposed to be 750hp
Even the EQS 580 (AWD) is ~4s 0-60 which is decent enough. But the base EQS 450+ RWD is a bit slouchy IMO. Wasn't a fan of the exterior of the EQS initially, but it's growing on me (must be getting old :surprised:). Definitely worth a test drive. They seem pretty competitively priced (before options), wonder how many of them they'll produce.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
i wouldn’t bother if they would say “July 31”when i signed s contract, but i don’t like empty promises (and lies).
Not quite sure what you mean, but between recalls and supply problems delays...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Even the EQS 580 (AWD) is ~4s 0-60 which is decent enough. But the base EQS 450+ RWD is a bit slouchy IMO. Wasn't a fan of the exterior of the EQS initially, but it's growing on me (must be getting old :surprised:). Definitely worth a test drive. They seem pretty competitively priced (before options), wonder how many of them they'll produce.
Even the 450+ RWD could be quite enjoyable in regular traffic, since you still have instant torque. Looking forward to a test drive...

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Not quite sure what you mean, but between recalls and supply problems delays...
Like I said: I wouldn’t complain if they set a delivery time of 3 months when signing the contract.
But I got information all June that everything was going according to plan.
So i understand that someone just eliminated my vehicle just before production started.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Like I said: I wouldn’t complain if they set a delivery time of 3 months when signing the contract.
But I got information all June that everything was going according to plan.
So i understand that someone just eliminated my vehicle just before production started.
Who? I suspect it does not make sense to produce a car, when they have missing parts?

I ordered in Dec 2019, promised Feb 2020 production, delivery Apr 2020. Got the car mid Aug 2020 - 4 months delay...

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Missing parts?
chip shortage is known problem for months….and i believe that production never stopped.
so, they are dealing with backlogs, but being rescheduled 4th times, doesn’t bring me a lot of hope that 5th won’t happen.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Missing parts?
chip shortage is known problem for months….and i believe that production never stopped.
so, they are dealing with backlogs, but being rescheduled 4th times, doesn’t bring me a lot of hope that 5th won’t happen.
But then the car you've ordered looks stunning! :angel:

JustLooking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Huracan, M2, R1 (+ Emira, CyberTruck)
Country flag
Missing parts?
I have potentially good news for you. Called Mercedes yesterday, they're not expecting anything EQS-related until January "at best." So keep waiting for the Taycan, the EQS won't be on the radar for a while, they couldn't even take a deposit, as there's nothing in their ordering system ;)

The market in general is tough right now, my Lambo dealer quoted me about a year wait for a custom Huracan EVO.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Sent an email to Mercedes importer few days ago, no answer at all.
but they are having nice videos on their web site :rolleyes:

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
COVID is a mess all-around....been trying to get a new infinity pool installed for over a year and current estimates are 2-years out for completion of build.
This is what happens when we shut down the world economy and cost-savings measures need to go into play, when the demand-side opens up, you are still dealing with a perfect storm of supply chain gaps coming to market right when the there is the highest need. I expect that this will be in effect through 2022, and not until 2023 will we see things get back to 'normal' supply/demand curves.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Beautiful pic!

Interior was fully stripped, roll-cage, O2 system and race seat added, normal steering wheel (no surprise ;)), suspension tweaks (active Bilsteins, sway-bars), lightweight UP wheels/Yoko slicks. Race pads and if I were a bettin' man, I'd guess upgraded calipers/rotors. Lastly, tons of aero. Drivetrain and the rest of the body was stock to my knowledge.

Did you watch the race by the way? Randy was moving! He's probably a biased source, but he had a lot to say about the car on his YouTube channel.
Randy is a good guy but he's a factory driver for Tesla at this point. Elon doesn't tolerate ANY criticism so as long as Elon's checks are clearing, you won't hear anything negative from Randy.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Sent an email to Mercedes importer few days ago, no answer at all.
but they are having nice videos on their web site :rolleyes:
They already said, they will first ship to Europe. They can sell these cars easy - but where they sell is driven by regulatory requirements.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I appreciate the better space utilization of the model s. Given similar dimensions, they somehow manage more passenger/cargo/storage room than say a cross turismo. In pics I think I might prefer the airier interior design as well as maybe the better UI (except the yoke wheel of course).

The issues I have with Tesla is they seem to lack a culture of safety and I can’t bear the thought of giving Elon musk any money.

so for roughly 15k more out the door I’ll get a cross turismo that looks better, and has some features unavailable on the Tesla like massage seats, carplay and surround view cameras. I’ll also give up some acceleration but I’m ok with that. Plus I’ll get a car that’s screwed together by people with lots of experience doing that. Seems like a worthwhile trade off.
Sponsored