irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Congrats on the car! Looks really good. I would have never though this combo would work, but from the pictures, it really does.
Thanks. I'm a traditionalist, I guess. In my mind, leather should look something like the cow it came from...and I've not yet seen a purple cow.
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I haven't started the homelink programming yet. Maybe I'll delegate that one out. I had my daughter jumping in and out of the car punching in the passcode on the garage heh.

I've been pulled over once in my life, over 15 years ago, and it did result in a "speeding" ticket, because it was a dark out of service construction zone. I was alone at night and thought I was being tailgated so I accelerated towards the next intersection, and the lights went on. Somehow 5mph over became 15-20. I am still so angry about it and if I ever get pulled over again, no matter how fast I'm going, I want restitution for that one bogus ticket I should have argued or fought but I was too shaken up.

I liked the idea of the intelligent speed monitor thingy being able to detect out of service construction zones when I learned about it. But now that I have it, and have started enjoying my Taycan, I think I'd rather just take the ticket 😜 .
Annie - always challenge the ticket. Sometimes the LEO does not show up, or there is a technicality that can get you out of it, or find the local attorney that handles them (usually pay his fee, but the ticket gets waived). Or hire the ticket clinic! :p

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Thanks. I'm a traditionalist, I guess. In my mind, leather should look something like the cow it came from...and I've not yet seen a purple cow.
In the Midwest this is our well-regarded store brand ice cream… Guess the joke’s on you!
Porsche Taycan Scheduled Deliveries For March 2023 - Post Yours FE9C5112-6698-4879-A198-CD420D8B3A01

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Annie - always challenge the ticket. Sometimes the LEO does not show up, or there is a technicality that can get you out of it, or find the local attorney that handles them (usually pay his fee, but the ticket gets waived). Or hire the ticket clinic! :p
I didn’t even tell him the reason I was out alone so late at night (but not trying to speed home) was because I spent the entire day in the hospital with my mother who was acutely ill, while my one month old who wouldn’t take a bottle was home starving with my husband. I was a half a mile from home, with some takeout getting cold on the seat next to me, while dealing with all this. When I told my Aunt the next day, while updating her on mom’s condition, she was screaming at me “How did you not get out of that ticket??? Didn’t you at least tell him the situation??” “I didn’t know! I was scared!”

If it wasn’t for this pathetic incident I’d still have my pull-over and ticket free driving record. NEVER letting that happen again. Plus, where I live now, I’m buddies with our local sheriff’s dept :). Deputy I know has her SUV wrapped in pink and I can’t wait to show her my car. They’ll know it’s me and to lay off around here ;).

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Are you sure about this. Purple cows have been on TV the whole time, but the look does not say it likes the color.

Porsche Taycan Scheduled Deliveries For March 2023 - Post Yours 1680187359756

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I didn’t even tell him the reason I was out alone so late at night (but not trying to speed home) was because I spent the entire day in the hospital with my mother who was acutely ill, while my one month old who wouldn’t take a bottle was home starving with my husband. I was a half a mile from home, with some takeout getting cold on the seat next to me, while dealing with all this. When I told my Aunt the next day, while updating her on mom’s condition, she was screaming at me “How did you not get out of that ticket??? Didn’t you at least tell him the situation??” “I didn’t know! I was scared!”

If it wasn’t for this pathetic incident I’d still have my pull-over and ticket free driving record. NEVER letting that happen again. Plus, where I live now, I’m buddies with our local sheriff’s dept :). Deputy I know has her SUV wrapped in pink and I can’t wait to show her my car. They’ll know it’s me and to lay off around here ;).
Oh my! You had the perfect "get out of a ticket story," but I get it. No experience getting pulled over.

You are like that country song (Famous Friends) "...my buddy is the sheriff, he flashes his lights and lets me go.." ;)

You need to get a picture of her SUV behind yours with the lights on!! Your daughter can make it a viral post (maybe have her holding her pink cuffs as you stand there)!

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you sure about this. Purple cows have been on TV the whole time, but the look does not say it likes the color.

1680187359756.png
Hmmm....I've missed so much over the years I've not watched television. 🤔

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the Midwest this is our well-regarded store brand ice cream… Guess the joke’s on you!
FE9C5112-6698-4879-A198-CD420D8B3A01.png
Hmmm...I lived in the midwest for 20 years, including a couple years in Michigan. I never saw this, but I pretty much avoid the frozen foods aisle.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm...I lived in the midwest for 20 years, including a couple years in Michigan. I never saw this, but I pretty much avoid the frozen foods aisle.
So you don’t watch television or shop the frozen foods aisle… I think I got your number 🤣. j/k. You guys are great.

chipra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
Ok, kids... At the dealer and at home.

97799399-86B4-4A4E-BDA4-50F2854E7299_1_105_c.jpeg

4F355C3C-14EB-41BB-A8C5-9F90C297FA9F_1_105_c.jpeg

2CDD79C0-8FD1-4D11-BBDB-65C30C52D298_1_105_c.jpeg

BF84E4F5-0E8F-4DC4-9760-D26F17847931_1_105_c.jpeg
72991959-8D59-4FF0-AB2C-5495CEAF3D9D_1_105_c.jpeg

I won't even show you the back in my driveway as I totally filthied it up already.

Question: I won't always ugly cry while I drive it, right? That will stop eventually?
Gorgeous, congrats Annie! So glad everything worked out.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Gorgeous, congrats Annie! So glad everything worked out.
Thank you! I'm glad too. The car is so amazing I can't even describe it. Honest to God, I would have waited another 6 months if I had to. I totally get why people wait over a year. Even when I got on the waiting list last September I was fully prepared to not see the car for a year, if ever (figured I'd be passed over on the list multiple times). It is worth EVERY penny. I said to my husband, "Why didn't I get a car like this 10 years ago???" He said, "Uhhh cuz we didn't have the money?" I said, "Well we could have paid it off by now!"

Ohhh sooo worth the wait. Hang in there guys!!!!

chipra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
Thank you! I'm glad too. The car is so amazing I can't even describe it. Honest to God, I would have waited another 6 months if I had to. I totally get why people wait over a year. Even when I got on the waiting list last September I was fully prepared to not see the car for a year, if ever (figured I'd be passed over on the list multiple times). It is worth EVERY penny. I said to my husband, "Why didn't I get a car like this 10 years ago???" He said, "Uhhh cuz we didn't have the money?" I said, "Well we could have paid it off by now!"

Hah love the excitement! I pick mine up in St Louis Saturday and will have 300 miles driving back to Chicago to experience it. Can’t wait!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thanks. I've considered that, but in general we don't drive enough to justify that level of countermeasure...though honestly it's probably cost-comparable to adding the HUD.
This level of integration and stealth will cost you more than the Tech package which included the HUD. The hardware alone is probably ~$5K. The custom work to manufacture custom pieces of trim, install and integrate, I'm going to guess $10K.

There's also the "what example are we setting for our child" aspect to consider. I feel like actively protecting ourselves may encourage less civil driving, and could create a negative impression for someone who will be driving independently in a few years.
Yea, that concerned me a little bit too, then I concluded it will not really make that much of a difference. My parents never had a single radar detector, I always did. While my kids drive calmly with us, I know they drive fast here and there. I actually prefer to teach them how to do it safely, rather than pretend they always drive slow. Neither of them are using radar detectors or other countermeasures, at least not yet, but I would help them if they wanted to. Using one actually increases the driver's situation awareness. When you have to keep your head on a swivel scanning for police cars, you end up paying a lot more attention to the road than people who space out driving speed limit. I know I pay a lot more attention when going faster.

I'd also have to trust my wife to remember to turn the jammer off after slowing.
No need, you can set automatic kill based on time and/or speed.

Driving 20 over the speed limit doesn't set a particularly good example either, I'll admit, but differential speed is more likely to cause an accident while following a speed limit set unrealistically low. I'm told the limit used to be 55 on this particular highway.

There are single lane, undivided local roads here with the same speed limit this 2-lane each direction, divided highway with limited turn options has.
I know a few spots around here where driving speed limit is really unadvisable. One time I was having this conversation with my wife, so decided to drive at speed limit all the way. At one of those spots my wife actually got really angry at me, saying "Are you TRYING to cause an accident?". Some speed limits in the USA are set for revenue generation, or set by a knee jerk reaction of politicians after a public accident.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag

Your excitement and experience is what i'd consider normal, which is why i find the people who want to cancel their orders and re-order (thinking they'll get a new order faster) just so weird.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Your excitement and experience is what i'd consider normal, which is why i find the people who want to cancel their orders and re-order (thinking they'll get a new order faster) just so weird.
Wait times are 4-6 month in Europe. My order is blocked due to no heater so why wait 6 months when you can have a new order delivered in less time. That's not weird.
Sponsored