whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thanks. I've considered that, but in general we don't drive enough to justify that level of countermeasure...
Every ticket costs you not just the ticket price, but also extra insurance premiums for 7 years. Should your wife take your "you're an underachiever" comment to heart, her Taycan insurance could increase by hundreds a month. If she did over 100mph, which is not difficult to do in a Taycan, in some states it becomes an automatic reckless driving and a possible impounding of the Taycan, which is a cost way higher than the countermeasures. ;)
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Wait times are 4-6 month in Europe. My order is blocked due to no heater so why wait 6 months when you can have a new order delivered in less time. That's not weird.
1. because another issue might rise up in the meanwhile and you'll be stuck again
2. With the new prices, you're will be effectively ordering a MY24 (which could be good or just a 5000€ increase to get matrix lights and a ionizer as standard)

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
1. because another issue might rise up in the meanwhile and you'll be stuck again
2. With the new prices, you're will be effectively ordering a MY24 (which could be good or just a 5000€ increase to get matrix lights and a ionizer as standard)
Exactly I would prefer to order a MY24 now. Taking delivery to a MY23 in August or September makes no financial sense. The increase in cost can be recouped in residuals and having money in the bank for another 6 months.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Exactly I would prefer to order a MY24 now. Taking delivery to a MY23 in August or September makes no financial sense. The increase in cost can be recouped in residuals and having money in the bank for another 6 months.
Well then just do it.

Personally I won't (mine isn't built yet, though) because life is too short.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Well then just do it.

Personally I won't (mine isn't built yet, though) because life is too short.
If yours is not built you will almost certainly get the new heater fitted and no delays.

I am in process of cancelling my order. It seems like these cars made with no heaters are not going to get their heaters fitted till August at the earliest. Many people in this situation have commented that their TYD dates are in this range but this is all we know.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Every ticket costs you not just the ticket price, but also extra insurance premiums for 7 years. Should your wife take your "you're an underachiever" comment to heart, her Taycan insurance could increase by hundreds a month. If she did over 100mph, which is not difficult to do in a Taycan, in some states it becomes an automatic reckless driving and a possible impounding of the Taycan, which is a cost way higher than the countermeasures. ;)
I think the best and most economical course of action, assuming it isn’t safe to be the one car driving 15 mph slower than everyone else, is to never be the fastest car in your immediate vicinity. No one cares about the second place finisher…correct?

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I think the best and most economical course of action, assuming it isn’t safe to be the one car driving 15 mph slower than everyone else, is to never be the fastest car in your immediate vicinity. No one cares about the second place finisher…correct?
One of my favorite George Carlin observations... "You ever notice when you're driving, that everyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a MANIAC!!!?"
Sponsored