chipra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
I'm just curious how or when it was communicated to you that the car is waiting for the heater? Mine is in the middle of the Atlantic right now and I asked my SA if there was any note attached to my VIN and he wasn't aware of anything. At what point do we or did you find out there's the heater hold-up?

So sorry for your delay!! That really sucks :(.
I'm in the same camp - car is in the middle of the Atlantic on the way to Houston. My SA has also said he doesn't see any holds and I should expect to pick up the car from the dealer at the end of the month.
Sponsored

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
For those hoping to be on the Violet Ace, stopping in Halifax (cool place, if you've never been) then JAX, has departed Emden. My TYD hasn't updated, yet, but I'm feeling lucky that I'm on the VA.

malogos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Subaru Forester
Country flag
I'm just curious how or when it was communicated to you that the car is waiting for the heater? Mine is in the middle of the Atlantic right now and I asked my SA if there was any note attached to my VIN and he wasn't aware of anything. At what point do we or did you find out there's the heater hold-up?

So sorry for your delay!! That really sucks :(.
When it arrived in port on Feb 20th, the dealer thought they would have it in a week. In a few days, he said there was a shipping/trucking issue but they'd have it in a couple weeks. It wasn't until Mar 3rd that he let me know about the heater. And there's no eta from him.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
When it arrived in port on Feb 20th, the dealer thought they would have it in a week. In a few days, he said there was a shipping/trucking issue but they'd have it in a couple weeks. It wasn't until Mar 3rd that he let me know about the heater. And there's no eta from him.
Oh boy... thanks for the reply. I feel like we in the Feb-March deliveries are the first to be off the assembly line during the heater replacement operation. You must be so frustrated and I'm hoping I don't get frustrated as well, but I'm braced. Right now it's just annoying because I'm trying to set up insurance, ppf, electrical etc. and it's hard with having a date yet NOT really having a date.

Everyone feel free to post your updates on if/when you get notified that you're flagged for a heater delay, or better, that you sail through the port free and clear!

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
Mine was scheduled for delivery 17/2 (Europe). Car was built on time but held at the factory due to the heater issue. Dealer has no ETA but is talking compensation and loaner until delivery (Which I take as an indication of significant delay).

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still no official word that my car made it on or missed the Violet Ace. I still don't see any schedule that shows anything later than last week and my SA says I should be on a boat leaving on St. Patrick's Day, which is closer to what TYD says... I just can't find schedule that shows that.

Also of note, the Violet Ace has been just offshore the UK going in a random pattern. Not sure what that means.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Still no official word that my car made it on or missed the Violet Ace. I still don't see any schedule that shows anything later than last week and my SA says I should be on a boat leaving on St. Patrick's Day, which is closer to what TYD says... I just can't find schedule that shows that.

Also of note, the Violet Ace has been just offshore the UK going in a random pattern. Not sure what that means.
It took at least 4-5 days for my TYD to update that it left the port after the actual departure. Siem Aristotle was going around in circles for 2 days near Halifax before going into the port, its on its way to davisville RI now.

Hopefully you get the update in the next day or 2 and the Violet Ace gets its bearing asap. It seems port and lane congestion is delaying some of the ships, like air traffic control on the seas.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It took at least 4-5 days for my TYD to update that it left the port after the actual departure. Siem Aristotle was going around in circles for 2 days near Halifax before going into the port, its on its way to davisville RI now.

Hopefully you get the update in the next day or 2 and the Violet Ace gets its bearing asap. It seems port and lane congestion is delaying some of the ships, like air traffic control on the seas.
Yeah, I haven't lost hope, yet. If I could find a ship schedule that aligned with what the SA said, I 'd concede the delay.

I wondered if the boat going in circles was a traffic thing. I deal with ATC every day at work so I get it. I just found it odd that it was being held so far out... it would be like like entering a holding pattern over Vegas on a flight from LAX-JFK. BUT... I don't know ANYTHING about marine traffic.

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S CT, 2022 LR D110, 1989 LR D90
Country flag
Time for a new avatar photo Mikey?
Oh boy... thanks for the reply. I feel like we in the Feb-March deliveries are the first to be off the assembly line during the heater replacement operation. You must be so frustrated and I'm hoping I don't get frustrated as well, but I'm braced. Right now it's just annoying because I'm trying to set up insurance, ppf, electrical etc. and it's hard with having a date yet NOT really having a date.

Everyone feel free to post your updates on if/when you get notified that you're flagged for a heater delay, or better, that you sail through the port free and clear!
I was on SFL Conductor and took delivery today after PPF and Tint. No holds or delays. No electric steering column either but everything else there. 14 bose speakers (not 12) and all!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I just got it too...
1677637408314.png

No way it was there this morning, right before I scheduled PPF, electric, and ordered a charger. 😭 JUST when I let my guard down!
You can still do the electrical and charger (or rather, an EVSE unless you ordered a Ford F150L bidirectional home charger). Should you run into delays with those, you will now have some buffer time (silver lining?). Few weeks is not a lot of interest lost.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
I don’t know how I could jinx myself anymore, just traded in my current daily driver, I have a box full of accessories and body parts(turbo front lip conversion) in the garage waiting on my incoming car and a scheduled window for PPF/ceramic.

My car is on the Siem Aristotle, that according to Marine traffic app and satellite confirmation of location is still in the Atlantic to arrive in Jacksonville tomorrow.

And yet I got an email that my car has arrived in port, and TYD confirms that. This arrival in TYD coincides with the estimated dates in TYD previously but I’m tracking the boat and it has been running 1-2 days behind the TYD dates.

Now just waiting on what if anything will happen with regard to port holds for heater parts?

My car began production on 2/11 and completed 2/16. There has been a mention on this forum that cars produced after week 5 of this year may have a hold for parts, not sure how true that is.

No useful information from my sales advisor.

I need to find a hobby, lol.

Last edited:

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Gotta love how TYD shows my car sitting happily in Baltimore when it's actually a little past Bermuda headed to Davisville, RI first. At least the date tracker still shows it firmly at step 8.

Porsche Taycan Scheduled Deliveries For March 2023 - Post Yours 1678823344332

Well, the little tracker map was fun while it lasted :D.

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S CT, 2022 LR D110, 1989 LR D90
Country flag
Congrats, as you know, I am waiting on an ST with the same color combo, so nice to see it in the flesh. Would love to hear your impressions comparing to your Panamera when you get a chance. Enjoy!

Edit: your impressions of the VLC roof would be appreciated as well!
VLC roof is cool. Dealership was intrigued for certain. All SAs were taking videos/pics. Works smoothly and probably shades the sun but as I live in Ohio, will need to wait until July to find out. Does shade light when “closed”.
Sponsored