Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I had a little extra time today so I’ll start this post. Feel free to mention your estimated delivery date, port of call, and Taycan model/color.

My Carrera White 4S is scheduled for 3/10 (SFL Conductor ship) at Baltimore. I’m really planning on asking my SA for something free (clear side markers) since I’ve been waiting 12 months.
Sponsored

Last edited:

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Neptune Blue GTS ST, currently indicated to be at the Port in Emden. TYD indicates arrival in Jacksonville on 3/12 with delivery to dealer on 3/18. The car has been at the port for a few days now and still waiting on which vessel it gets on. There are two vessels in the near future that go to Jacksonville, one leaving at any moment and another leaving in about 12 days, so we will see what happens.

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S CT, 2022 LR D110, 1989 LR D90
Country flag
Neptune Blue 4S CT on SFL Conductor. Interesting that per Baltimore port, ship arrives 2/27 and TYD has 3/3 for arrival. Perhaps Icebergmikey may get an early suprise?

OP
OP
Icebergmikey

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Neptune Blue 4S CT on SFL Conductor. Interesting that per Baltimore port, ship arrives 2/27 and TYD has 3/3 for arrival. Perhaps Icebergmikey may get an early suprise?
I noticed that when I tracked the ship too. Hopefully we do get it earlier than projected 🤞🏽

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Gentian Blue RWD, highly specced aesthetically - especially on the interior; estimated to be in Jacksonville on 3/14 and to my dealer in Central Florida 3/20.

On a side, note, if I look at my configuration on My Porsche, it's a few thousand less than what I was expecting even though I confirmed all of the options are still there. Am I missing some or is the website possibly acting up?

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a little extra time today so I’ll start this post. Feel free to mention your estimated delivery date, port of call, and Taycan model/color.

My Carrera White 4S is scheduled for 3/10 (SFL Conductor ship) at Baltimore. I’m really planning on asking my SA for something free (clear side markers) since I’ve been waiting 12 months.
I ordered the clear side markers and my SA said they'd install them for free. Better than a swift kick in the ass, I guess.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Gentian Blue RWD, highly specced aesthetically - especially on the interior; estimated to be in Jacksonville on 3/14 and to my dealer in Central Florida 3/20.

On a side, note, if I look at my configuration on My Porsche, it's a few thousand less than what I was expecting even though I confirmed all of the options are still there. Am I missing some or is the website possibly acting up?
That is odd, I just confirmed mine and everything is the same and accurate from when initially specced both price and options.
When you check the tech specifications under the section with your commission number, do all the options reflect correctly?

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is odd, I just confirmed mine and everything is the same and accurate from when initially specced both price and options.
When you check the tech specifications under the section with your commission number, do all the options reflect correctly?
I think I figured it out... the standard wheel is selected and won't let me select the RS Spyder wheels like I ordered. Seems to be a website issue which has been acting up for me the last few days.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Neptune Blue GTS ST, currently indicated to be at the Port in Emden. TYD indicates arrival in Jacksonville on 3/12 with delivery to dealer on 3/18. The car has been at the port for a few days now and still waiting on which vessel it gets on. There are two vessels in the near future that go to Jacksonville, one leaving at any moment and another leaving in about 12 days, so we will see what happens.
Well... Siem Aristotle has left port. I'm not concerned that TYD hasn't been updated, yet.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9841029

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is their a DYI somewhere on how to do it?
I think if you search the forums you’ll find links to how-tos and/or videos. It’s a couple of screws and not much else. You may have to buy a specific screwdriver if you don’t already have one.

as this video notes, they changed them slightly in 2021 or 2022, so some of the earlier instructions have a step that’s no longer necessary.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is their a DYI somewhere on how to do it?
DYI? Do Yourself Incorrectly? 😉 I just changed the headlight on my 2018 Merc by partially removing the bumper and I've wrenched on my Jeep a bunch so I'm sure I could do it but I'm happy to let the dealer do it for me. I just asked what they would charge (fishing for a freebie) and the SA said he'd take of it.