annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
People do tint either for privacy, or for heat rejection (or both). i dont really care about privacy and tint laws preclude the darkest tints anyways. I live in the south so the heat rays are real.

The glass already filters out 99% of UV so you're not going to get skin cancer (probably) if you don't tint your windows. But you'll probably use a tad bit less A/C.
I just looked up my laws and some in other states, and yeah there's a huge difference (arbitrarily so, imo). Over here you can do whatever you want on the passenger windows and rear, but front is just the top 4 inches. I can move the visor around for that! 😂

The tinting looks really cool on everyone's cars, no doubt about that. I just don't feel like it's "me." I'm not of any status and don't think anyone has bothered to notice me on the road. Ok, maybe that could change in this car, but my biggest concern would be that I don't have my face on and my hair's a mess. So I'll have to start making an effort!
Sponsored

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I'm complaining anyway. Somehow the ship managed to get my car to Michigan, but the USPS couldn't get a check to Michigan without first sending it to Los Angeles. Tracking the ship was much less stressful than seeing the loan check from the bank go from TN, to Detroit, to L.A. when it should have been out for delivery this morning. I'm glad a $150k car wasn't lost at sea, but I'm not too thrilled that a $67k check is lost in the air.

Dealer says my car is happily waiting for me "on the Showroom floor." Can I get a discount for every Taycan they sell until I pick it up???

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
That's frustrating Annie. Any projection for when the check will arrive?

We may be picking my wife's Taycan up Wednesday.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh that just sucks. We were lucky that we could do a draft between our credit union and the dealership. Sorry that USPS ruined your day.
Yeah, I have an $83k credit union check sitting on my kitchen table. But they prob won't give me the keys without the rest that I financed. I don't know if they filled it out with the dealer AND my name on it. Because if it gets REALLY lost I'll just come up with another $67k and cash the check myself. Grrrr. I know, first world.....

TheSauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I'm complaining anyway. Somehow the ship managed to get my car to Michigan, but the USPS couldn't get a check to Michigan without first sending it to Los Angeles. Tracking the ship was much less stressful than seeing the loan check from the bank go from TN, to Detroit, to L.A. when it should have been out for delivery this morning. I'm glad a $150k car wasn't lost at sea, but I'm not too thrilled that a $67k check is lost in the air.

Dealer says my car is happily waiting for me "on the Showroom floor." Can I get a discount for every Taycan they sell until I pick it up???
Ridiculous!

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's bizarre the check went from Detroit to LA.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's bizarre the check went from Detroit to LA.
I love how the USPS tracking page updates slower than TYD and also revises history. Now it shows it arrived in L.A. at 5:45am and departed at 9:20am, but no update posted since. If I don't see it at least back in my home state in the morning, if not out for delivery, I'm going to figure out a plan B. It's nice to imagine people oohing and aahing at my car, but uhhh how much traffic is around it right now. I doubt it qualifies for velvet rope treatment 🤣 . And it freaken better still BE my car when I get there!! It's on the website with my vin and the 2 other Carreras that came in with it, but mine has one of those "Quick Buy" buttons. Ok, must not spiral.... This is what I get for not paying the full amount in cash 😔.

Last edited:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Congrats to all who have or are receiving your cars. I have not been following, but heard about all the cars on delay in the ports due to heatergate. Does it appear the deliveries are getting on a more normal schedule and not suffering these very long delays waiting to be released?

Long story, but my GM is working a deal and I can take an allocation for a July deliver and trade up from my RWD to a 4S. I just do not want to be stuck waiting as my car has been in the shop since January.

Just a note on the tint, I am driving a Cayenne loaner (boring) and it has no tint on the front two side windows or windshield. It has been sunny and warm in FL and it drives me crazy to have no tint. The heat is crazy and you feel it on your face and blinding till you grab your sunglasses. My wife even said today how could anyone own a car in FL with no tint.

I have always tinted my cars to 20% (legal is 35%; put the windows down if you get pulled over and typically a non-issue) and on the Taycan I did the same and added 70% to the windshield (looks clear out the windshield, but cuts the UV). I even have a windshield 20% strip to eliminate the need for my visors and hide my radar, toll, and dashcam.

Back in the 80s I had 5% (aka Limo tint) and it is VERY dark and tough to see out at night (especially out the rear if there is no light outside the car). 20% is the same as manufacturers put on the rear door and back windows of SUV's. So if you go with 35%, from the side, the tint does not match. Interior color impacts how dark it looks too.
Porsche Taycan Scheduled Deliveries For March 2023 - Post Yours TaycanCountyBld
Porsche Taycan Scheduled Deliveries For March 2023 - Post Yours TaycanPorsche

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The heater delay seems to be randomly distributed for cars built in February. I’ve read of cars built in the same week as ours and Annie’s that are delayed.

Best wishes to everyone waiting

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I love how the USPS tracking page updates slower than TYD and also revises history. Now it shows it arrived in L.A. at 5:45am and departed at 9:20am, but no update posted since. If I don't see it at least back in my home state in the morning, if not out for delivery, I'm going to figure out a plan B. It's nice to imagine people oohing and aahing at my car, but uhhh how much traffic is around it right now. I doubt it qualifies for velvet rope treatment 🤣 . And it freaken better still BE my car when I get there!! It's on the website with my vin and the 2 other Carreras that came in with it, but mine has one of those "Quick Buy" buttons. Ok, must not spiral.... This is what I get for not paying the full amount in cash 😔.
Don’t freak out, both my Cayenne and Taycan were special orders and showed up on the dealer website before I picked them up. Just keep your SA aware of the check progress and you should be ok.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don’t freak out, both my Cayenne and Taycan were special orders and showed up on the dealer website before I picked them up. Just keep your SA aware of the check progress and you should be ok.
Thank you:). I did just send him another email, unfortunately with no tracking update in over 24 hours, nor any estimated delivery date anymore. Just that it left Los Angeles and is "moving through the system." As I'm coming up with cash generating contingency plans, my Dutch husband and native Oklahoman portfolio manager tell me to "relax, just give it a few more days." Right. I'm a Sicilian New Yorker, waiting on a pink Porsche. You think I'm the calm type?? 🤪

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thank you:). I did just send him another email, unfortunately with no tracking update in over 24 hours, nor any estimated delivery date anymore. Just that it left Los Angeles and is "moving through the system." As I'm coming up with cash generating contingency plans, my Dutch husband and native Oklahoman portfolio manager tell me to "relax, just give it a few more days." Right. I'm a Sicilian New Yorker, waiting on a pink Porsche. You think I'm the calm type?? 🤪
I can see the headline already.
A woman robs a local US Post Office location and subsequently leads the police on a chase to a Porsche dealership. Upon being apprehended, while being removed from a pink Taycan, she could be heard yelling out "It's finally mine! USPS have had my check for a week now!".
;)

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
Annie you crack me up !!! got to love a crazy XXXXXXX can't wait to see piccies darling xxx
Sponsored